I know I'm sick because...

Old February 14th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I know I'm sick because...

....Nocturne is in my lap.

I can't even remember the last time Nox was a lap kitty. Months and
months and months ago. But last night I had a cold, I was achy and
feeling bad, and Nocturne jumped right up into my lap and purred and
purred for hours. She's been following me around too, and accompanying
me to bed.

Why is it that as soon as I start feeling better, she'll go back to
being a little tyrant?

--Fil

Old February 14th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:
...Nocturne is in my lap.

I can't even remember the last time Nox was a lap kitty. Months and
months and months ago. But last night I had a cold, I was achy and
feeling bad, and Nocturne jumped right up into my lap and purred and
purred for hours. She's been following me around too, and accompanying
me to bed.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too well. Nasty cold greebling killing
purrs from the Fabulous Furballs.

It's odd how cats do this- when I had a flu a month or so back,
Sarrasine even stayed on the bed with me through feeding times and
Redunzel who doesn't really "do" beds joined me as well so I had both
of them sitting on me and purring. It did occur to me that I was
running a fairly high temperature and we all know how cats gravitate to
the warmest places!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 14th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Why is it that as soon as I start feeling better, she'll go back to
being a little tyrant?

--Fil
Her job as nurse cat is done.
Suz&Spicey

Old February 14th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...

Enfilade wrote:
[...]

That's how Jasmine won my heart! After my last cat went to RB I didn't want
another cat, so when Jasmine turned up I was quite apathetic towards her.
But I got quite ill for some time, and she would deliberately come and
cuddle my head and groom my 'fur' (hair) for me....she only does this when
I'm sick. The rest of the time, she only comes and wants pats on rare
occasions, which I treasure.