RECALL PET FOOD HAS REACHED EUROPE ALREADY!!

Old May 3rd 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sheelagh

Default RECALL PET FOOD HAS REACHED EUROPE ALREADY!!

One thing that I didn't think about until today, is the fact that we
happen to have quite a few USAF sites around here, as well as
logistics support sites and troops barracks too. On all of the bases
they have a shop of some description (Commissaries?) where they sell
all of the foods that have mentioned in all of the lists that you
have
all been posting on here too, so I guess without even thinking about
it, of course it affects us in Europe too.!!

I don't want to get drawn into the ethics of this, but I know of
quite
a few families that ask USAF personnel to purchase dog and cat foods
for them @ a very reduced cost compared to our prices, so they are
getting a damned good deal for their money, & the UK purchaser's are
giving them incentives to buy this food for them... so it's an all
win
situation for the people concerned....until they get caught!!

(The personnel shouldn't buy it for others, but it is a fact of life
that people do break rules for whatever incentives are offered)

I happen to work part time occasionally on one of the bases & I asked
several of the purchasers if they knew that some of the food that
they
were buying was on a recall list in the USA, & not a single one of
them had any idea that they were on the recall list. This makes me
wonder just how far this food has traveled into Europe and where to,
too. It also begs the question, will we ever find out exactly how
many
deaths have occurred due to tainted food? Or how widespread the
problem is in reality..??!

I think we should be told far more than we have been, & to my
knowledge there has not been a single reference to it in our
newspapers or T.V either.
It's a terrible situation & a complete shambles...No one seems to
know
anything.. the personnelle don't seem to have any idea of the the
recall lists, & the Brits who are buying this contraband haven't got
clue about this either..
Not one single person I asked about this today, knew a thing about
any
of it...Shame on us for not asking more questions about it &
demanding
answers too!!

Sheelagh

Old May 4th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On 3 May 2007 11:40:18 -0700, sheelagh
wrote:

One thing that I didn't think about until today, is the fact that we
happen to have quite a few USAF sites around here, as well as
logistics support sites and troops barracks too. On all of the bases
they have a shop of some description (Commissaries?) where they sell
all of the foods that have mentioned in all of the lists that you
have
all been posting on here too, so I guess without even thinking about
it, of course it affects us in Europe too.!!

There was a news report a couple of weeks ago that a pet-food company
in South Africa had found that a batch of corn gluten (maize gluten),
purchased from China, was contaminated with melamine. No such
contaminated corn gluten has been found thus far in the USA. So, the
USA wasn't the only country that adulterated products were sold to.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from