In da Restaurant - Orient Eggspress!

Old November 24th 04, 04:48 AM
Mlle. Anaïs

Default In da Restaurant - Orient Eggspress!

It's 8:30 in the evening, and our kitties, dressed in their evening-wear
are leisurely strolling down the Champs-Elysées toward the Arc de Triomphe,
and hungry after a whirlwind first day in Paris. They approach Restaurant
Taillevent, and as they get closer, the door-kitty, resplendent in his
livery, holds the door open for them; Cleopatra walks in first. They enter
a furnished lounge, with gleaming antique furniture, all softly lit. In the
dining room, well-dressed cats of every kind are relaxing on cushions,
talking in many languages, drinking and eating. Seemingly out of nowhere,
two elegant boycats, dressed in tailored, dark suits, starched white shirts
and colorful silk ties glide over. The senior kitty, who is wearing a red
carnation boutonnière and a single gold earring, approaches Cleopatra, and
bows slightly at the waist

"Your Royal Highness Silvercat, welcome to Restaurant Taillevent.
As always, it is an honor to prepare a meal for yourownself and your
friends!" Bowing again, he takes her right paw and kisses it. Turning to
Anaïs, he kisses her right paw: "Mademoiselle Anaïs, it has been too long!"
he exclaims. He shakes the paws of TV and Tiger and then introduces himself
to the gathered kittys. "I am Jean-François, your headwaiter; anything that
you wish, I will make available for yourownselves! Please enjoy your
dinners!"

With that, our kittys are escorted to the second floor private
dining room, where they are seated around a large oval table surrounded by
silk brocade cushions for either one or two kitties; Cleopatra is seated at
the head with TV at her side. The table is candle-lit, and covered with
fresh-cut flowers and gold-rimmed china; the crystal glasses sparkle in the
candlelight. Music is playing softly. On padded feet, the wait-kitties
silently hand each kitty a hand-written menu.

Jean-François speaks softly: "Miao, kitties. Please feel free to
choose as many dishes as you wish either individually, or as our menu
dégustation - how do you say in English? ahhh, tasting menus, yes - which I
highly recommend. Mlle. Anaïs and Her Royal Highness have chosen a number
of wines for each course, and we will be serving an appropriate wine with
each dish. Each course or dish is individually prepared, therefore dinner
will last for many hours; so please relax and enjoy your time at our
restaurant. My staff will now come around and take your orders for
apéritifs while yourownselves peruse the menu at your leisure..." He pauses
and turns to Harri: "And for yourownself, my petite kitten, my chefs shall
be glad to prepare anything that you wish, since you may find the fuds from
the menu not so much to your taste." Jean-François, then turns to
Cleopatra.

"Your Highness, shall you have an apéritif?"

"Oui, une pastis (hooman note: an anise-flavored "before-dinner" drink),
Ricard, s'il vous plait. " Then each of our kitties gives their drink
order to the wait-kitties.

As our kitties look at their menus, silently, on padded feet, the
wait-kitties place drinks before each kitty. After the last kitty has been
served, Cleopatra rises ever so slightly, and begins to speak:
"Effurrykitty, I'd like to make a toast!"

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
11/23/2004 11:44:45 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old November 24th 04, 01:15 PM
Miss Violette

two out of breathe kittys come after cleaning up and dressin' up, STT and
OEJ take a place at the table. They are out of breathe beclawz they wented
on a longlong walk and they ran a bunch beclawz there were too many hoomanz
ta suit efur on of dem...I sure iz hungri, whatdoya think we shuld ordur?
OEJ, sittin very close to STT onna cushin
.. .

Old November 24th 04, 01:17 PM
Miss Violette

Miss Violette and Trudi come in and sit on cushins having just 'ported furm
theirz houze anna checked inta da hotel. They took a suite that haz a
connectin door to a suite that iz purfect fur three boykittyz ta share...
Here we are This is very nice Miss Violette

Kan we eat soon??? Trudi hungri
.. .

Old November 24th 04, 04:53 PM
ShortTail Tom

Miss Violette wrote:

two out of breathe kittys come after cleaning up and dressin' up, STT and
OEJ take a place at the table. They are out of breathe beclawz they wented
on a longlong walk and they ran a bunch beclawz there were too many hoomanz
ta suit efur on of dem...I sure iz hungri, whatdoya think we shuld ordur?
OEJ, sittin very close to STT onna cushin

I fink da menu dégustation looks realreal good!

STTom

Old November 24th 04, 04:58 PM
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat

"Oui, une pastis (hooman note: an anise-flavored "before-dinner" drink),
Ricard, s'il vous plait. " Then each of our kitties gives their drink
order to the wait-kitties.

As our kitties look at their menus, silently, on padded feet, the
wait-kitties place drinks before each kitty. After the last kitty has been
served, Cleopatra rises ever so slightly, and begins to speak:
"Effurrykitty, I'd like to make a toast!"

My brother and sister cats, welcome. It's a rare honor to be assembled
in such elegant surroundings with such a fine assortment of felines.

This past year has been one of mixed blessings for all of us. We have
seen far too many of our dear friends cross to the Rainbow Bridge far
before their times, and far too many of our dear friends have fallen ill
or suffered other hardships. But at the same time we have made the
acquaintance of more feline friends and family members, we have seen
more kitties shown to their OneTrueHomes, and we have seen more humans
trained in the proper obedience to their feline masters.

The human world is today in turmoil, with wars and other acts of
violence occuring all over the planet. Since we cats can't take over
running the world overnight, these acts of violence will continue for
some time. And every time a human is killed or injured, there is a
chance that some poor innocent kitty's slave is being impaired or worse.

So, my brothers and sisters, let's all lift our glasses and purr our
best toast-purrs in rememberance of our dear departed loved ones; in
celebration of our new friends and family; in hope that those of our
human familys experiencing need may find those needs fulfilled; in hope
that the human world might learn something from their feline masters,
and come to a peaceful coexistence based upon the respect of each
other's rights; and in hope that the families (human and feline) of
those humans who have fallen victim to violence may find their way with
their new life situations and may find new, positive events in their
lives to help them cope. And those of us with special kittys in our
lives [glances lovingly at TV], let us also rejoice for the wonders we
experience every day.

And let's all remember how very fortunate we all are to have our
OneTrueHomes.

Cleopatra raising her glass to the room

Old November 24th 04, 08:57 PM
Beverly Orel

Dis is furry eggsytin! Meowmie an Paw wantid to eet at dis restaurant wen
dey wur in Paris sum yeers bak, but dey cudn get uh reserfashun.
Effurryfing on duh menu luks wunnerful. How bowt dat Tastink Menu?? We're
havin wine, tuu!!
Free kitteez frum Noo Jersee doin uh liddul kittydanse uv joy,

Samantha & duh cuzzins Finney, Lucey, & Jeannie
.. .