[OT] Lunar Eclipse

Old October 26th 04, 12:17 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Default [OT] Lunar Eclipse

A few days ago someone mentioned their cats had been acting weird, and
wondered if it was the moon. I haven't seen this mentioned before
(just found out about it myself), but there's a total lunar eclipse on
October 27 for western Europe and most of North America!

The "viewers guide" is he
http://www.space.com/spacewatch/0410...pse_guide.html

I gather that there will be webcasts of the event, for those in the
wrong parts of the world.

An interesting coincidence is that game 4 of the World Series is in
St. Louis, Missouri that night, and the totality of the eclipse should
occur during the later innings. Wonder what TV will do with that?

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old October 26th 04, 12:28 AM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:17:01 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
yodeled:

A few days ago someone mentioned their cats had been acting weird, and
wondered if it was the moon. I haven't seen this mentioned before
(just found out about it myself), but there's a total lunar eclipse on
October 27 for western Europe and most of North America!

The "viewers guide" is he
http://www.space.com/spacewatch/0410...pse_guide.html

I gather that there will be webcasts of the event, for those in the
wrong parts of the world.

An interesting coincidence is that game 4 of the World Series is in
St. Louis, Missouri that night, and the totality of the eclipse should
occur during the later innings. Wonder what TV will do with that?

Probably not a thing. The lights are so bright in most stadiums
during night games, that whatever's going on in the sky is pretty much
a non-event (except rain, of course )

Theresa

Old October 26th 04, 07:44 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:28:24 -0400, Kreisleriana
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:17:01 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
yodeled:

An interesting coincidence is that game 4 of the World Series is in
St. Louis, Missouri that night, and the totality of the eclipse should
occur during the later innings. Wonder what TV will do with that?

Probably not a thing. The lights are so bright in most stadiums
during night games, that whatever's going on in the sky is pretty much
a non-event (except rain, of course )

Knowing that the (insert corporation name here) blimp will be hovering
over the stadium (weather permitting), I'm betting they'll use eclipse
shots as filler - if it doesn't rain (I think it's supposed to )