Knock it off!!

Old March 14th 11, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Knock it off!!

On 11/03/2011 12:56, Jane wrote:
Fin(RB) used to do that. I called it 'playing with gravity'. He
basically knocked things off to see if they fell interestingly enough
to play with.

Mir knocks things down. I call it 'testing gravity.' She's my scientist
kitty. These days, I never leave anything breakable on a surface where
she can push it over an edge, but I often have other stuff lying on the
floor because, if I lift it up, she'll soon push it down again.

Princess Rita doesn't knock things off, but she brings her toys into
my bed, so I frequently wake up with chewed mousies and other various
stuffed toys mixed up in the sheets with me. It's always interesting.

Nikki used to bring toys into bed with her. I'd wake up with a foam ball
or a mousie in the bed. It was worse on the island. At first, she would
insist on bringing her prey into bed in the middle of the night. But she
eventually learned that this did not make Meowmie happy at all.

Unfortunately, when Frank finally learned to hunt, he would also bring
his prey into bed. I'll never forget the night I stretched out my leg in
my sleep, and it hit soething wcold and wet... I sat up and saw a
half-eaten vole at my feet. Or the other time when I woke up to a dead
vole dangling in my face. A rain-soaked Frank was very upset that I
wasn't grateful to him for bringing me breakfast into bed.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old March 14th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Marina" wrote in message
On 13/03/2011 23:29, Ted Davis wrote:
I just had y floors and kitchen counters redone, and somebody doesn't
like the result. This morning I found two broken glasses and a broken
ash tray on the new kitchen floor. Later a visiting friend broke another
glass. Also on the floor this morning were a rolling pin, a brush, the
sifter, and several other points on the counters. My nebulizer was in a
trash can.

They are definitely not going to like the doors on the linen storage area
and my closet. There's supposed to be a new door on the pantry too, but
I think the contractor forgot about it.

This reminds me of when I got a new rug for the bathroom. I laid it out on
the floor in the evening, and then I went to bed. In the middle of the
night, I woke up to a scuffling sound. I looked down from the bed, and saw
Miranda dragging the bathroom rug into the living room. I just sighed and
sank back into bed, thinking I'd set it right in the morning. A moment
later, I hear a scuffling sound again, going in the other direction. In
the morning, I found the rug neatly laid out where I had left it the
previous evening. Jut a folded corner showed that it had been tampered
with.

I figured Mir didn't like it where it was and had to try it out somewhere
else, but then she decided that was even worse than the original place.
Ever since then, I've called her my interior designer.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

LOL!