Watermelon??

Old April 24th 11, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Watermelon??

Joy wrote:

Monday I attended a Passover Seder
at a friend's home. Since they know I like it, they gave me some haroset (a
divine mixture of apples, nuts and wine) to bring home. The first time I
put some on my morning mini-bagel, both cats went wild! I don't know
whether it was the apple, the nuts or the wine that attracted them, but I
had to fight them off.

LOL. I had some matzoh the past couple of nights and Roxy became
a total pest. She's always been a carb freak. The dab of butter on
it just made it that much better. (Don't worry, I didn't OD her
on butter!)

Joyce

--
I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln
Old April 24th 11, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Apr 23, 9:26*pm, wrote:
Joy wrote:

* "Winnie" wrote in message

* When I was a kid, our cat loved to eat raw egg as a reward.
* Back then we didn't know anything about bacteria like salmonella.

* Sometimes I think we were better off then. *I used to love eggnog, and so
* did my kids. *I made it the way my mother made it - with raw eggs, no
* cooking involved.

I think we *were* better off. Salmonella in raw eggs (and on raw chicken
skin) wasn't such a big problem when you (Joy) were a child. I don't know
how old you are, Winnie. I grew up in the 1960s, and while I didn't eat
raw eggs (because it seemed gross), I don't remember anyone saying it was
dangerous. Modern factory farming methods have made the problem a lot worse.

I am old enough.
Many of my friends my age have grandkids.
I remember at a high school class reunion, my classmates
talked a lot about their kids. A couple of years ago, we had another
reunion and many were comparing the number of grandkids.
Back on topic, I agree raw eggs are kind of gross. I used to like
eggs sunny side up. But these days I stick with well cooked eggs.
I eat very few raw food.
Joyce

Old April 24th 11, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 23/04/2011 20:48, Bobble wrote:
wrote

Yesterday, Caliban eagerly licked and gnawed the rinds of some
cantaloupe that I'd just eaten.

My previous cat Tuffy couldn't get enough cantaloupe, but unfortunately it
gave him the runs. So he had to settle for a few licks only.

Caliban has shown no such effects, but then, he must have a stomach
lined with steel.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old April 24th 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 24/04/2011 00:39, hopitus wrote:

Cats, like us, have their own individual tastes, I have always
thought. When I was
a kid, I had one who loved eating raw tomatoes.

Caliban loves tomato in any form; raw, cooked, pureed, tinned...

Old April 24th 11, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Winnie" wrote in message

On Apr 23, 5:39 pm, hopitus wrote:
On Apr 23, 1:09 pm, "Joy" wrote:

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message

I couldn't believe it. Last night I grabbed a little container of
watermelon I bought and was eating it while watching TV. Pooh, my
senior
old lady cat, came into the den (which she never does) and hopped up
next
to me to beg. For watermelon?? I gave her a piece and she gobbled it
right up!! She had to have smelled it enough to come into the den to
get
some. Maui and Oscar paid no mind to it.

Watermelon??

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

They can really surprise us sometimes, can't they? My cats have never
shown
any interest in any food I had. However, Monday I attended a Passover
Seder
at a friend's home. Since they know I like it, they gave me some
haroset (a
divine mixture of apples, nuts and wine) to bring home. The first time
put some on my morning mini-bagel, both cats went wild! I don't know
whether it was the apple, the nuts or the wine that attracted them, but
had to fight them off.

Joy- Hide quoted text -

Cats, like us, have their own individual tastes, I have always
thought. When I was
a kid, I had one who loved eating raw tomatoes.

When I was a kid, our cat loved to eat raw egg as a reward.
Back then we didn't know anything about bacteria like salmonella.

-----

We used to give our dog chocolate all of the time when I was a little girl.
I also remember that the dog loved lettuce!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old April 25th 11, 08:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Will in New Haven" wrote in
message

On Apr 23, 11:06 am, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"

wrote:
I couldn't believe it. Last night I grabbed a little
container of
watermelon I bought and was eating it while watching TV.
Pooh, my
senior old lady cat, came into the den (which she never does)
and
hopped up next to me to beg. For watermelon?? I gave her a
piece
and she gobbled it right up!! She had to have smelled it
enough to
come into the den to get some. Maui and Oscar paid no mind to
it.

Watermelon??

My RB dog Snowball loved that and honeydew also, so I called
her my
melon-collie baby. And she put up with it.

That reminds me of a little ditty, to be sung to the tune of
"Frere Jacque":

Life is Butter, Life is Butter,
Melon Cauliflower! Melon Cauliflower!
Life is Butter Melon! Life is Butter Melon!
Cauiliflower. Caulioflower!

--
MatSav