Pet Ownership is Killing through Kindness

Old August 6th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets,alt.usenet.kooks
John \C\

Default K-Bitch "pokes" fun at Pinky

"Pinku-Sensei" wrote in message

Sometimes kooks just arrive here in AUK as if by magic carpet. It saves

us
(tinu) the trouble of finding them and bringing them back here.

Dr. Chrome-Dome (Pinky) you got a "Special" reception here in AUK because
you are a "Super Ko0k"

K-Bitch enjoyed "poking" you as the photo shows:

http://www.girlincontrol.com/hun-27-...G_9120_JPG.jpg

Bring back fond memories?

Your Pal,
HJ

Old August 6th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets,alt.usenet.kooks
Daedalus

Default Pet Ownership is Killing through Kindness

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 03:52:40 -0000, Anonymous
wrote:

(AP Newswire Story #29837461 7/31/07)
wrote in message;

Recent research has shown that the average lifespan of domesticated animals
are up to 6 years less than those of their feral counterparts. The findings
of this research highlight the hypocrisy and selfishness and ego of pet
owners - that these so-called animal lovers brutally and callously cut short
the lives of their four-legged companions. Keep them in cages, in their own
urine and poop, on a diet of shameless poor quality pet food that consists
almost entirely on corn.

Adequacy.org spoke to the scientist behind the research and asked, what can
be done to rectify this widespread and socially acceptable form of
barbarism?

The findings of this research, published in the June issue of the Journal of
the American Association of Veterinary Science and Associated Professions,
are an unequivocal condemnation of pet owners, where Ego is fed by complete
control and subsurbavance of a small helpless animal. The facts, presented
below, make chilling reading. For example, the average lifespan of a
domesticated dog is four years less than that of a similar dog living in
the wild.

Species Domesticated Lifespan (years) Feral Lifespan (years)
Cat 9 19
Dog 6 16
Fish 2 6
Hamster 1 2
Horse 21 29
Rabbit 4 12

Comparative Lifespans of Domesticated and Feral Animals

Dr. Victor O'Neill, the author of this work and a veterinary surgeon for
over 25 years, explained that several factors are responsible for
foreshortening the lives of domesticated animals.

"Firstly, animals reared in a domestic environment are not exposed to the
same pathogens during infancy as wild animals. Therefore, the immune
systems of domesticated animals do not develop properly, which leads to a
reduced resistance to disease in adulthood."

"However, the main reason for these disturbing findings is that animals do
not adapt to domestic life. Animals are simply unhappy when sharing a
habitat with humans. Humans attempt to impose their value system upon
animals and then punish the animals should they transgress this arbitrary
set of rules of which they have no comprehension. These animals, enslaved
by human tyrants, eventually lose the will to live, which results in their
premature deaths."

Following the publication of his research, O'Neill has formed a pressure
group to lobby for a change in the law, outlawing pet ownership. In the
short term, O'Neill believes that a change in people's attitudes is
necessary.

"Currently, pet ownership is seen as a harmless hobby and people are
dependant on their companion animals. However, this research has shown that
pet ownership is anything but harmless. Animals are traumatized as they are
not in their natural setting, and caged up. People need to realize that it
is a cruel institution that must be stopped." "Also animals, pets, crap all
over the place and pollute our streams, our water, our front lawn, they poop
inside our houses on the rugs, they are unsanitary spreader of diseases and
germs."

"There are many parallels between pet ownership and the practice of black
slavery that was widespread in the United States of America during the early
part of the last century. Nowadays, the ownership of slaves is socially
unacceptable and is rightly acknowledged as a barbaric practice. Pet
ownership is exactly the same. Pets are fed a mixture of corn, ash, and
waste products. I hope that people will come to realize that keeping
domesticated animals is morally indefensible and that society will
ostracize pet owners."

However, O'Neill's viewpoint has been controversial and unpopular in some
areas of the USA.

"I have received innumerable death threats from pet owners. On one occasion
my eight year-old daughter was kidnapped and physically assaulted by an
enraged pet owner. Animal lovers are notorious for their emotional
instability and they rely on their pet animals as a substitute for normal
human relationships. My proposals to remove their emotional safety net are
anathema to them and it is hardly surprising to see such an irrational
reaction."

It is truly inspiring to meet a man such as O'Neill who is willing to risk
his personal safety in the fight for a righteous cause. It is indisputable
that pet ownership is a vile practice. Humanity will only ever be able to
consider itself an advanced civilization when it outlaws this cruel
institution and treats the lesser species with proper respect.

Each Dog and Cat eats more food per day than the average person in
Bangladesh or India. People are starving to death because rich owners have
to have their Ego stabilized by total control and use of poor animals.
Shameful.

Dr. D. Danube

Great article! Thanx! I'm going to go home and let my dog go free.

Jade
Old August 6th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets,alt.usenet.kooks
[email protected]

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Daedalus wrote:

Great article! Thanx! I'm going to go home and let my dog go free.

Jade

LOL!!! That's the best response yet!

Joyce
Old August 6th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets,alt.usenet.kooks
zaax

wrote in message;

[...]

you've swopped your figures around. My cat lived until 20, my dog 18,
fish 6 and still going, hamster 5, next doors rabbit 10 and still going
as well.

--
zaax
Old August 6th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets,alt.usenet.kooks
Kathy[_3_]

Species Domesticated Lifespan (years) Feral Lifespan (years)
Cat 9 19
Dog 6 16
Fish 2 6
Hamster 1 2
Horse 21 29
Rabbit 4 12

I found this odd from the start - I've so far had a 6 year old goldfish, a
two or three year old hamster and a 12 year old (+ or -) rabbit. I'm betting
our cat will come out ahead of these statistics, too.....

Old August 6th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets,alt.usenet.kooks
Outsider

Daedalus wrote in
:

wrote in message;

[...]

I always enjoy a bit of subsurbavance myself.

Andy

Old August 7th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets,alt.usenet.kooks
[email protected]

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

(Wild animals
confined to zoos may not do as well as in the wild, but the
reasons for that are complex, and have no relation to living
conditions of companion animals.)

Something that the animal rights people don't seem to understand is
that a domesticated animal has been altered genetically and no longer
has all the same instincts as its wild ancestors. Of course, it has
*some* of those instincts, but the process of domestication, which occurs
over many, many generations, has changed their basic nature so that
they are dependent on humans. (And to some extent, vice versa - we
co-evolved with them.) So of course a wild animal doesn't do as well
in captivity - they are still wild. You can't apply that logic to a
domesticated species.

Of course, the PETA wackos disapprove of domestication to begin with,
but talk about tilting at windmills. It already happened, dude. Get a
time machine and go yell at the people who lived 12,000 years ago.

Joyce