Fluffy again

Old December 16th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Fluffy again

Dunno whether its related to the presvious incident or not, but now she
seems to have a sore right from leg. She won't take any weight on it unless
she has to, and if she has to, she yelps.

Unlike on the weekend, where it seemed her back was the problem, she seems
to be able to sit and lie down
with ease - its the getting up that bothers her. Ditto with steps -
seemingly not an issue going up, has a real hard time going down.

Shes gone from a healthy happy 'ageless' dog into a geriatric old lady over
4 days. This is 'second day I will remember', and I fear the third one is
way too close for comfort.

She'll be making another trip to the vet this afternoon to see whats going
on.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old December 16th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for Fluffy, and for you!

--
Joy

Peace on earth; good will to all!

Old December 16th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
Dunno whether its related to the presvious incident or not, but now she
seems to have a sore right from leg. She won't take any weight on it
unless she has to, and if she has to, she yelps.

Unlike on the weekend, where it seemed her back was the problem, she seems
to be able to sit and lie down
with ease - its the getting up that bothers her. Ditto with steps -
seemingly not an issue going up, has a real hard time going down.

Shes gone from a healthy happy 'ageless' dog into a geriatric old lady
over 4 days. This is 'second day I will remember', and I fear the third
one is way too close for comfort.

She'll be making another trip to the vet this afternoon to see whats going
on.

Yowie

It seems to happen this way-- it's not exactly the gradual decline you
expect. It seems so quick. Stinky was a "young" cat for so long, that his
aging process seemed very quick to me. Purring that her troubles are
fixable and you have plenty more time together.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old December 16th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs on the way. It may actually be from the same incident - sometimes
aches and pains can come on days after the exercise (especially for us older
folks).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 16th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
Dunno whether its related to the presvious incident or not, but now she
seems to have a sore right from leg. She won't take any weight on it
unless she has to, and if she has to, she yelps.

Unlike on the weekend, where it seemed her back was the problem, she seems
to be able to sit and lie down
with ease - its the getting up that bothers her. Ditto with steps -
seemingly not an issue going up, has a real hard time going down.

Shes gone from a healthy happy 'ageless' dog into a geriatric old lady
over 4 days. This is 'second day I will remember', and I fear the third
one is way too close for comfort.

She'll be making another trip to the vet this afternoon to see whats going
on.

Yowie
--

Honey, is it possible Fluffy simply has arthritis? It may be something as
simple as this. Or she could have jumped up on something and strained a

Jill

Old December 16th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

It sounds to me like she may have strained a muscle and have on-going
discomfort from her hose-related injury. The vet should be able to
give her an injection of an anti-inflammatory and maybe some pills
which will have her feeling better in no time. Fox strained his neck
when we were washing him a few months ago and it put his whole back
out (referred pain) - an anti-inflammatory injection and a few days of
pills later and he has been fine ever since.
Of course, Fluffy is probably like Fox and is not above milking a
situation for all that it's worth!

Tish

Old December 16th 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 07:02:11 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

Dunno whether its related to the presvious incident or not, but now she
seems to have a sore right from leg. She won't take any weight on it unless
she has to, and if she has to, she yelps.

Unlike on the weekend, where it seemed her back was the problem, she seems
to be able to sit and lie down
with ease - its the getting up that bothers her. Ditto with steps -
seemingly not an issue going up, has a real hard time going down.

Shes gone from a healthy happy 'ageless' dog into a geriatric old lady over
4 days. This is 'second day I will remember', and I fear the third one is
way too close for comfort.

She'll be making another trip to the vet this afternoon to see whats going
on.

Yowie

Purrs on the way that she recovers quickly
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 16th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
Dunno whether its related to the presvious incident or not, but now she
seems to have a sore right from leg. She won't take any weight on it
unless she has to, and if she has to, she yelps.

Unlike on the weekend, where it seemed her back was the problem, she seems
to be able to sit and lie down
with ease - its the getting up that bothers her. Ditto with steps -
seemingly not an issue going up, has a real hard time going down.

Shes gone from a healthy happy 'ageless' dog into a geriatric old lady
over 4 days. This is 'second day I will remember', and I fear the third
one is way too close for comfort.

She'll be making another trip to the vet this afternoon to see whats going
on.

I wouldn't panic just yet. You might have thoroughly over-exercised her
with the hosepipe play. You have to remember she's an elderly lady now and
be sensible on her behalf. She certainly won't be ;-)
Dr Websell prescribes a week of rest with a little walk twice a day to
stretch her aching muscles. She should be much better after that. Old dogs
who feel well often do far too much than is wise for them. It's up to us to
remember that.

Tweed

Old December 17th 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

We are still purring and praying for Fluffy.

Lily & her mama

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Fluffy says hi BuZZard Cat health & behaviour 1 December 1st 05 06:15 PM
Pilling Fluffy SP Bev Cat anecdotes 8 November 29th 05 06:32 PM
Fluffy SP is unwell Bev Cat anecdotes 14 November 28th 05 07:00 AM
Help! Da TED said we're too fluffy! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 9 August 3rd 05 11:44 AM
Fluffy? Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 5 January 15th 04 04:20 AM