I captured the Tomcat

Old June 3rd 05, 07:32 PM
Rhonda

Okay, how's this -- "They seem to take it personally and humanize it.
MOST female women don't do the same when they have female cats spayed."

Actually, you are the first woman I've heard of that took it personally
and humanized it, if that's what you are saying. I didn't mean that
woman aren't nervous about the idea of an operation on their cats, but
that they don't relate it to themselves like "oh no, she will never know
the feeling of having children" kind of thing.

Rhonda

On 2005-05-27, Rhonda penned:

Hello John,

Human guys have a tough time having a male cat neutered, I've
noticed. They seem to take it personally and humanize it. Female
women don't do the same when they have female cats spayed.

Speak for yerself. I had deep misgivings about getting Oscar spayed,
but I decided that her discomfort and yes, pain, was a lesser evil
than even the slightest chance of having more unwanted kittens around.

That doesn't mean that I felt great about having someone dig around in
her belly to remove her ovaries and uterus.

Old June 3rd 05, 08:33 PM
Mary

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Okay, how's this -- "They seem to take it personally and humanize it.
MOST female women don't do the same when they have female cats spayed."

Actually, you are the first woman I've heard of that took it personally
and humanized it, if that's what you are saying. I didn't mean that
woman aren't nervous about the idea of an operation on their cats, but
that they don't relate it to themselves like "oh no, she will never know
the feeling of having children" kind of thing.

Rhonda, what you are saying (and you are right) is that woman
are not the same about their ovaries and uteri as men are about
their dicks. We can elaborate if need be, but if I do it people
will get upset. It is the way I put things.

Old June 3rd 05, 11:34 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-06-03, Rhonda penned:
Okay, how's this -- "They seem to take it personally and humanize
it. MOST female women don't do the same when they have female cats
spayed."

Actually, you are the first woman I've heard of that took it
personally and humanized it, if that's what you are saying. I didn't
mean that woman aren't nervous about the idea of an operation on
their cats, but that they don't relate it to themselves like "oh no,
she will never know the feeling of having children" kind of thing.

Maybe you're right. I don't think of it in terms of "Oh no, she'll
never have kittens" (maybe because I don't want kids, so I don't see
that as a loss?), but I do think of it in terms of an invasive surgery
that changes her hormone levels and her insides.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 4th 05, 08:26 AM
Rhonda

I know, I always hate thinking about surgery for them -- it's a wasted
day for me until I know they're okay.

You probably saw Mary's response, that's what I was trying to say. I
have told my sig other many times -- I will just never understand
testosterone. He can't explain it to me either.

Rhonda