Jellicle Ball Location - Navy Pier, Chicago

Old October 6th 05, 09:26 PM
Ray or Fran

Default Jellicle Ball Location - Navy Pier, Chicago

Ize knowz that Louise would of course like Lake Louise, but in all fairness,
the Jellicle Ball was held there last year. Therez been no other
suggestions other then mine and Punkins, RB about the Navy Pier in Chicago,
so thatz where itz going to be.

Some choices though, and the community needs to pitch in to help decorate,
find caters, musicians etc. Ize knowz weze got resources for all of these
here in the community and many of youze have done a wonderful job in prior
years with just a little prodding from Gretchen Marie. Ize also know that
things miraculously get done in no time at all so perhaps Ize a bit early.
Ize finks Ize trying to distract myself from my mourning for Punkins if
truth be told (wiping tears away).

Anywayz Gretchen Marie, RB isn't here to do that prodding, so for this
moment, consider youzeself prodded and please help take over the reins, so
to speak.

Anywayz, Navy Pier has a 19 acre outside park, Gateway Park, at the entrance
to the pier with a "state of the art" fountain. Therez a 50,000 Childrens
Museum, an IMAX theatre and thousands of feet of restaurants and shops.
What Ize found interesting, is therez a 32,000 square foot botanical park
inside that can be set up for entertainment, receptions etc. Therez also
several Festival Halls that could be at ourz disposal.

So effuryone, youze decide and help decorate and cater and .....

Puddi Cat

(Did Ize do okay Punkins - looking up at the Bridge, Ize sure hope so, Ize
was so nervous - with more tears running down her face)

Old October 6th 05, 10:13 PM
Tabitha Fluffytail

So effuryone, youze decide and help decorate and cater and .....

Puddi Cat

(Did Ize do okay Punkins - looking up at the Bridge, Ize sure hope so, Ize
was so nervous - with more tears running down her face)

FluffyKitz will be glad to handle da catering! We'z will draw up a menu,
but if anykitty wantz anyfing special, let us know.

An I fink youz are doing a eggzelent job. I'm shoor dat Punkins is proud
of yourownselves.

Tabitha
Old October 6th 05, 10:15 PM
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat

So effuryone, youze decide and help decorate and cater and .....

Puddi Cat

(Did Ize do okay Punkins - looking up at the Bridge, Ize sure hope so, Ize
was so nervous - with more tears running down her face)

I second what Tabitha said - you're doing an excellent job.

Who would like to help me arrange facilities? I'll be glad to take the
lead, but need someone to help me make sure I don't forget anything.

Cleo
Old October 6th 05, 10:22 PM
Amelia T Cat

Some choices though, and the community needs to pitch in to help decorate,
find caters, musicians etc. Ize knowz weze got resources for all of these
here in the community and many of youze have done a wonderful job in prior
years with just a little prodding from Gretchen Marie. Ize also know that
things miraculously get done in no time at all so perhaps Ize a bit early.
Ize finks Ize trying to distract myself from my mourning for Punkins if
truth be told (wiping tears away).

There are a lot of us in the Community with musical ability. Who would
like to volunteer to perform? I seem to recall some musical kitties:

Mme. Anais plays piano,
Samuel plays mandolin,
Lilith plays flute,
Tabitha plays keyboards,
Allegra plays cello,
Cleo play harp,
and I sing.

Who else plays an instrument or sings?

Amelia
Old October 7th 05, 02:57 AM
Miss Violette

the porter twinkles softly and out steps Miss Violette*

with a gentle hug... you did fine dear, lets use the botanical garden
because that is like the out only its in the in... If you start I will help
you decorate, I am not creative, but I always enjoyed doing what GM said
needed doing, Miss Violette, with a tear for her friend, and those who
already ahead

Old October 7th 05, 03:00 AM
Miss Violette

perhaps you need to ask Samantha to conduct the band, Miss Violette,
thinking of her uncle
news

Old October 7th 05, 06:40 AM
Rebecca

"Ray or Fran" wrote in message
> [...]
snip
So effuryone, youze decide and help decorate and cater and .....

Puddi Cat

[A 'porter twinkles at Navy Pier and out steps Rebecca. She drags a big
bundle into one of the Festival Halls where banquet tables are set up. She
unpacks the bundle, which contains table linens and dinnerware. The linens
were made by Rebecca herself of sparkling rainbow-colored yarn. The
silverware has a small rainbow engraved on each piece. The plates are plain
white with subtle rainbow-colored glaze. Rebecca lays the tables and stands
back to critique the effect.]

I fingk dat will do furry nicelee.

Old October 7th 05, 04:07 PM
Amelia T Cat

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:00:53 -0500, Miss Violette wrote:

perhaps you need to ask Samantha to conduct the band, Miss Violette,
thinking of her uncle

That's an excellent idea! How about it, Samantha?

Amelia

Old October 7th 05, 07:50 PM
Boogie's Mom

I'ze plays Irish trad mewsick anna chicatgo is fulla ofur Irish kittiez, so
I bet I can get a big clowder togefur fur da party. Mebbe we can getz da
Chieftains, too.

Boogie da HarpurrCat who's waitin to tell da story of how hizown Meowmie
bandoned him to da tender mercies offa hiz Paw fur two WHOLE weeks!