Jellicle Ball Location - Navy Pier, Chicago

Old October 7th 05, 09:02 PM
Amelia T Cat

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:50:00 -0400, Boogie's Mom wrote:

I'ze plays Irish trad mewsick anna chicatgo is fulla ofur Irish kittiez, so
I bet I can get a big clowder togefur fur da party. Mebbe we can getz da
Chieftains, too.

That's great! And it would be great if we could get the Chieftains.

Amelia

Old October 7th 05, 10:11 PM
Beverly Orel

Mye gudness, is it reely tyme fur Jellicel Ball awlredyy? Da Navy Pier in
Chicago sownds fyne. We haff neffur bin dare.

I f yew wud lyke, we cud du sum uv duh mewsick. I haff Unca Siggy's
arranjmentz & piano skors, an duh four uv us haff bin singin tugeddur in
harmony --uh kwartette, I gess yew myte say.
Ryte now we jes cawls owrselfs "Duh Famblee Singerz" but if yew haff enny
idearments, jst let me kno.
Smantha fur duh cuzzins--Finney, Lucey & Jeannie

"Ray or Fran" wrote in message
Ize knowz that Louise would of course like Lake Louise, but in all
fairness, the Jellicle Ball was held there last year. Therez been no
other suggestions other then mine and Punkins, RB about the Navy Pier in
Chicago, so thatz where itz going to be.

Some choices though, and the community needs to pitch in to help decorate,
find caters, musicians etc. Ize knowz weze got resources for all of these
here in the community and many of youze have done a wonderful job in prior
years with just a little prodding from Gretchen Marie. Ize also know
that things miraculously get done in no time at all so perhaps Ize a bit
early. Ize finks Ize trying to distract myself from my mourning for
Punkins if truth be told (wiping tears away).

Anywayz Gretchen Marie, RB isn't here to do that prodding, so for this
moment, consider youzeself prodded and please help take over the reins, so
to speak.

Anywayz, Navy Pier has a 19 acre outside park, Gateway Park, at the
entrance to the pier with a "state of the art" fountain. Therez a 50,000
Childrens Museum, an IMAX theatre and thousands of feet of restaurants and
shops. What Ize found interesting, is therez a 32,000 square foot
botanical park inside that can be set up for entertainment, receptions
etc. Therez also several Festival Halls that could be at ourz disposal.

So effuryone, youze decide and help decorate and cater and .....

Puddi Cat

(Did Ize do okay Punkins - looking up at the Bridge, Ize sure hope so, Ize
was so nervous - with more tears running down her face)

Old October 7th 05, 10:12 PM
Beverly Orel

I wud be happy tu conduct duh band, Miss Violette.
Fangu.

Samantha
"Miss Violette" wrote in message
perhaps you need to ask Samantha to conduct the band, Miss Violette,
thinking of her uncle
Amelia T Cat wrote in message
news
Some choices though, and the community needs to pitch in to help

decorate,
find caters, musicians etc. Ize knowz weze got resources for all of

these
here in the community and many of youze have done a wonderful job in

prior
years with just a little prodding from Gretchen Marie. Ize also know

that
things miraculously get done in no time at all so perhaps Ize a bit

early.
Ize finks Ize trying to distract myself from my mourning for Punkins if
truth be told (wiping tears away).

There are a lot of us in the Community with musical ability. Who would
like to volunteer to perform? I seem to recall some musical kitties:

Mme. Anais plays piano,
Samuel plays mandolin,
Lilith plays flute,
Tabitha plays keyboards,
Allegra plays cello,
Cleo play harp,
and I sing.

Who else plays an instrument or sings?

Amelia

Old October 7th 05, 10:15 PM
Beverly Orel

Mye Meowmie Gwen knos lotsa Celtic Singers. She jus organized a concert
wiff duh Tannahil Weavers (a Scottish group) as a benefit fur Katrina
victims.

Anti Gwen plays duh Irish harp & alla us plays duh fiddle an we sing
effurryfing. I fink I bedder get a call owt fur mewsichuna.

Samantha
"Boogie's Mom" wrote in message
I'ze plays Irish trad mewsick anna chicatgo is fulla ofur Irish kittiez,
so
I bet I can get a big clowder togefur fur da party. Mebbe we can getz da
Chieftains, too.

Boogie da HarpurrCat who's waitin to tell da story of how hizown Meowmie
bandoned him to da tender mercies offa hiz Paw fur two WHOLE weeks!

Old October 7th 05, 10:42 PM
Boogie's Mom

Gee! Mebbe mine meowmie cud get togefur wif Anti Gwen. She cud play
herzown harp anna meowmie cud play da tinwhistle anna floot!

Meowmie also likes da Tannahil Weavers! She says deys a gudgud groop! She
also likes Altan anna Cherish da Ladies.

Boogie, who likes da floot but runrunruns frum da tinwhistle

Old October 7th 05, 11:43 PM
The Clowder

"Ray or Fran" wrote:

[snipt]

Anywayz, Navy Pier has a 19 acre outside park, Gateway Park, at the entrance
to the pier with a "state of the art" fountain. Therez a 50,000 Childrens
Museum, an IMAX theatre and thousands of feet of restaurants and shops.
What Ize found interesting, is therez a 32,000 square foot botanical park
inside that can be set up for entertainment, receptions etc. Therez also
several Festival Halls that could be at ourz disposal.

So effuryone, youze decide and help decorate and cater and .....

Puddi Cat

(Did Ize do okay Punkins - looking up at the Bridge, Ize sure hope so, Ize
was so nervous - with more tears running down her face)

Unner da sircumstansis...BRILLINTLY dun, Puddi Cat!

Dis sownds like a purrrrfekt plays. I will haff to poke mine
clowdermayts to help.

Mietze
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old October 7th 05, 11:43 PM
The Clowder

"Beverly Orel" wrote:

Mye gudness, is it reely tyme fur Jellicel Ball awlredyy? Da Navy Pier in
Chicago sownds fyne. We haff neffur bin dare.

I f yew wud lyke, we cud du sum uv duh mewsick. I haff Unca Siggy's
arranjmentz & piano skors, an duh four uv us haff bin singin tugeddur in
harmony --uh kwartette, I gess yew myte say.
Ryte now we jes cawls owrselfs "Duh Famblee Singerz" but if yew haff enny
idearments, jst let me kno.
Smantha fur duh cuzzins--Finney, Lucey & Jeannie

It's comin soon, da 17ft.

Mietze
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old October 8th 05, 07:13 PM
Beverly Orel

We lykes doze groops, tuu. How bowt John Doyle and Karen Casey?
Samantha & cuzzins
[...]

news Some choices though, and the community needs to pitch in to help

Old October 9th 05, 11:03 AM
Miss Violette

Miss Violette, comes in and...that is beautiful, then a quiet snif... GM
would have loved it...
Rebecca wrote in message
om...
"Ray or Fran" wrote in message
> [...]
snip
So effuryone, youze decide and help decorate and cater and .....

Puddi Cat

[A 'porter twinkles at Navy Pier and out steps Rebecca. She drags a big
bundle into one of the Festival Halls where banquet tables are set up.

She
unpacks the bundle, which contains table linens and dinnerware. The

linens
were made by Rebecca herself of sparkling rainbow-colored yarn. The
silverware has a small rainbow engraved on each piece. The plates are

plain
white with subtle rainbow-colored glaze. Rebecca lays the tables and

stands
back to critique the effect.]

I fingk dat will do furry nicelee.

Old October 9th 05, 11:05 AM
Miss Violette

I love that music, but getting abandoned isn't good at all, something would
need to be shredded, Miss Violette, ruling with an iron claw