5 Year Old Lover Boy Cat needs home in Sacramento

Old April 23rd 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Theo

Default 5 Year Old Lover Boy Cat needs home in Sacramento

I have five year old male mixed breed tabby, with recent (4/2007) Vet
exam, updated vaccinations, micro-chipped and of course neutered. I am
having to relocate out of state and will be unable to take hime with
me. I will be leaving June 1st.
It breaks my heart to leave him behind, but I would be more
heartbroken if he had to go to the SPCA.
He has lived with other cats and dogs, is of course litter box
trained, and is a purring gentle lap cat. I am heart broken as I
write that he can not come with me, but I am moving into a home where
there are severe cat allergies.
Please if you have room, or think you will have room in the next 6
weeks for a adult male cat I would surely be appreciative.
Please let me know so I can put my mind to rest
Thank you
Ann Jackson
916-429-7543

Old July 26th 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Cat Protector

I know this is probably late but hopefully this will knock some sense into
someone who's thinking about following the OP's lousy example of animal
parenting.

To the OP....

If it breaks your heart so much for leaving your cat behind then why are you
doing it? I always find it amazing how someone can make such a weak excuse
for not brining their cat with them. Moving is one of the top excuses next
to allergies that people often use for getting rid of an animal. Before
using the old "I didn't have a choice" excuse, everyone in fact does. You
could've not moved to a place where someone was allergic to cat dander.

I hope that people like yourself never get another cat because by this
scenario alone you've proven that you can't handle the responsibility. It's
funny how some people don't actually think how the cat feels about being
displaced. I'm sure they're probably wondering what they did wrong. No cat
should be punished because their human is irresponsible. I'd rather see a
cat go to a shelter and have the chance to be adopted into a good and loving
home than to someone who is a perfect stranger as that person you're giving
the cat to could possibly be an animal abuser.

To sum it up, adopting a cat, or any animal for that matter is a lifelong
responsibility not a part-time one where they are to be dumped on someone
else or in the city streets later. A person who really loves their cat
wouldn't even think about getting rid of them. They'd find a way to keep
holding on to them.

ups.com...