Yesterday with Lennie

Old September 27th 15, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Yesterday with Lennie

well we had a three or 4 mile walk and he was glad to get into his bed back
home. His mummy said to me "i will be forever in your debt" I said "don't
be so ridiculous, don't say that." She said that had she known that would
become so disabled she would never had had him. But she did and she has.

I told her that I love to take him out as I miss my own dogs. She says
no-one looks after him like I do. I prepare his tablets in a dossit box. I
comb his ears so he looks nice to go out. I spray his feet with bitter
apple so his doesn't nibble them. I give him his tablets. Luckily he
realises I am not the vet. He dances around when he sees me. We soon get
the medical stuff gone and out for a walk. Durng the week, we only do
streets, about half an hour walk, but Saturdays we do the big walk in the
country park. we try to do three miles or a little more.

I would quite like to do the same on Sunday but I feel it's time for Rita's
tamily to kick in then.
After 9th Oct one of them has to do Thursdays.
I will be doing Tues, wed, fri, Sat. Monday her cleaner will take him round
the block to empty himself as he won't do anything in his garden.
Why not, I don't know.. He just won't. Like Boyfie won't use a litter box -
no-one knows why. It's just so.

Old October 10th 15, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

Sorting out Lennie's health (because his mummie cannot) has now become my
life's work.
It's not what I expected when I volunteered to walk him last year when his
usual dog walker couldn't.
I thought it was just walking him. It became clear to me that this was one
sick poodle. His bowels were explosive. His toes were raw. We are working
towards a solution.
but no matter that I've changed his diet (which should have worked) he has
still very loose bowels. Might be from the ham he has for his lunch.
Or because he still gets his fat dog diet added. which has oats in. he is
allergic to oats.

I'm just going to phone the vet tomorrow to remind myself what his allergies
are. it cost 300 quid to find out.

Old October 13th 15, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:45:44 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:
. His toes were raw. We are working
towards a solution.
but no matter that I've changed his diet (which should have worked) he has
still very loose bowels.

But what is he being fed when he's not with you?

Bonnie has a tendency to be a tad loose in that department although after what you said about sugar in Felix I've switched to Whiskas-with occasional Whiskas dry (She never used to eat it but these days with the eating machine that is Spirit she'll eat anything the Pesky Kitten leaves behind)and she's much better

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 13th 15, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/13/2015 4:29 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:45:44 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:
. His toes were raw. We are working
towards a solution.
but no matter that I've changed his diet (which should have worked) he has
still very loose bowels.

But what is he being fed when he's not with you?

Methinks she may as well adopt Lennie.

Jill

Old October 14th 15, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 10/13/2015 4:29 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:45:44 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:
. His toes were raw. We are working
towards a solution.
but no matter that I've changed his diet (which should have worked) he has
still very loose bowels.

But what is he being fed when he's not with you?

Methinks she may as well adopt Lennie.

Jill

I'm not sure Boyfie would approve of that.

--
Joyce

The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old October 14th 15, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:45:44 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:
. His toes were raw. We are working
towards a solution.
but no matter that I've changed his diet (which should have worked) he has
still very loose bowels.

But what is he being fed when he's not with you?

Bonnie has a tendency to be a tad loose in that department although after
what you said about sugar in Felix I've switched to Whiskas-with occasional
Whiskas dry (She never used to eat it but these days with the eating machine
that is Spirit she'll eat anything the Pesky Kitten leaves behind)and she's
much better

Lesley

____

Lennie's mummy stuffs him with treats that upset his tummy. She denies it,
but I see those treats just waiting for him when I am gone. It's really
difficult because I am trying so hard to get him right. Most of his
allergies have been identified. cost 300 quid to find out. Dust mites big
time. Oats, potatoes, rice. almost everything.
it's a challenge.
It's my life's work to get Lennie a solid poo. I need three bags when I
take him out. so I might change his diet again.

It's pretty pointless though. His mummy just says she will follow the diet
and doesn't. It's really frustrating.

Old October 15th 15, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/14/2015 5:24 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

On 10/13/2015 4:29 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:45:44 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:
. His toes were raw. We are working
towards a solution.
but no matter that I've changed his diet (which should have worked) he has
still very loose bowels.

But what is he being fed when he's not with you?

Methinks she may as well adopt Lennie.

Jill

I'm not sure Boyfie would approve of that.

True enough, but Tweed has basically assumed care for Lennie right down
to communicating with his vet. The owner seems a bit clueless.

Jill
Old October 15th 15, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Lennie's mummy stuffs him with treats that upset his tummy. She denies it,
but I see those treats just waiting for him when I am gone. It's really
difficult because I am trying so hard to get him right. Most of his
allergies have been identified. cost 300 quid to find out. Dust mites big
time. Oats, potatoes, rice. almost everything.
it's a challenge.

It's my life's work to get Lennie a solid poo. I need three bags when I
take him out. so I might change his diet again.

It's pretty pointless though. His mummy just says she will follow the diet
and doesn't. It's really frustrating.

Does she claim that she's giving him the treats to make him happy? From
how it sounds, she's only doing it for her own pleasure. She might not think
of it that way, but she's making him miserable with treats that give him
poor digestion and other problems. I don't know if there's a way to convince
her that the enjoyment of giving her dog some treats would be greatly
outweighed by the joy of having a healthy, happy pet - without insulting or
guilt-tripping her, that is! (OK, maybe a bit of guilt-tripping. )

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old October 15th 15, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 10/13/2015 4:29 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:45:44 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:
. His toes were raw. We are working
towards a solution.
but no matter that I've changed his diet (which should have worked) he has
still very loose bowels.

But what is he being fed when he's not with you?

Methinks she may as well adopt Lennie.

Jill

I'm not sure Boyfie would approve of that.

True enough, but Tweed has basically assumed care for Lennie right down
to communicating with his vet. The owner seems a bit clueless.

I know. I was just thinking of it from Boyfie's POV. He'd probably put
his foot down hard.

Old October 15th 15, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/15/2015 3:59 PM, Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I've never encountered a situation like Tweed's with Lennie. We all
would love to give our pets treats and pamper them constantly. We also
seem to know it's not really an intelligent thing to do.

As I said previously, I don't think Lennie's owner is very bright. I
also think she's quite willing to allow Tweed to take over so she
doesn't really have to. Sorry, but that's exactly what it comes across
as when I read the Lennie posts.

Jill

Lennie Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 0 April 23rd 15 08:07 PM
It's Lennie's birthday! Robert A Moeser Cat anecdotes 8 July 9th 11 12:31 AM
Lennie, end of an era ram Cat anecdotes 11 February 17th 10 05:21 PM
yesterday, go like a hat Horrible Heavy Pimp Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 12:30 PM
Ten years with Lennie ram Cat anecdotes 9 February 16th 05 01:38 AM