Barn kittens see TED (update 7)

Old June 11th 04, 03:49 AM
Annie Wxill

Default Barn kittens see TED (update 7)

The barn kittens had their first visit to TED this afternoon after Christine
got off work. They were little angels during the exam. Got wormed and
first shots. Very healthy, no earmites, no fleas, no URIs, good weight,
about 7 weeks old. Four boys and two girls. Four short hair and two medium
hair.
The vet was so impressed with the kittens that he offered to spay the mother
cat for free once she is caught. The vet tech wants one of the kittens, so
Christine may have more takers than kittens. (We should all be so lucky.)
A co-worker brought a trap to work today, so Christine will bait it and set
it tonight for mother cat. (Mega purrs, please.)
Tomorrow will be a big day for the kittens. Christine will take them to work
to distribute to their new slaves. She decided to do this now because next
week her sister is competing in an out-of-town event, and Christine will go
with her to help out. They will be gone several days.
Even though the kittens really are too young to go to new homes, Christine
thought that it would be better for them to be in their new homes where they
could continue to be socialized than boarding them or leaving them and
having someone come to her home to check on them while she is gone.
The new slaves are school teachers, and next week is the first week of
summer vacation, so they should have lots of time for the new kitties.
I think the mother cat also deserves a lot of credit for taking such good
care of six babies. I hope all goes well for her trapping and spay.
Annie

Old June 11th 04, 04:07 AM
badwilson

Hey, that's great news! The vet and vet tech sound awesome :-) That's so
cool that all kittens are spoken for and I think 7 weeks is ok for them to
go to their new homes. We got Vino at 7 weeks. There was no point in
waiting any longer because the mom cat had rejected all the kittens and they
had been "hoomin-raised" all their lives anyway. We always handled Vino a
lot when he was really young and now he totally trusts us and I can clip his
claws, brush his teeth and pick at his chin acne with no problems. Oh yeah,
I did cure that acne, it took a few months but it's now gone :-)
Many purrs for the trapping and spaying of the mom cat!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old June 11th 04, 04:10 AM
Annie Wxill

I forgot to say that the person who is taking the little gray girl has
already named her Gracie.
Annie

Old June 11th 04, 04:10 AM
Annie Wxill

Old June 11th 04, 04:10 AM
Annie Wxill

Old June 11th 04, 04:19 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Annie Wxill"
artfully composed this message within
on 10 Jun 2004:

A co-worker brought a trap to work today, so Christine will bait
it and set it tonight for mother cat. (Mega purrs, please.)

Mega purrs! It is so great that they are all going to new homes and
new slaves. Another miracle happens with these babies and their mama.

--
Cheryl