R.I.P. Friesian Mare Gerda (OT)

Old March 17th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default R.I.P. Friesian Mare Gerda (OT)

I got a call from Gloria very early this morning. Gerda
(http://friesianlover.com/gerda.html) died giving birth to her foal, which
was breech and also did not survive. You don't wanna know the gory details.
I could have waited another hour or so to hear them myself....

I am so immensely sad for all concerned, as well as extremely glad that I
did not have to be there as it was happening. According to Gloria, the vet
arrived too late to save her but in time to put her down before she suffered
much.

Old March 17th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:

I got a call from Gloria very early this morning. Gerda
(http://friesianlover.com/gerda.html) died giving birth to her foal, which
was breech and also did not survive. You don't wanna know the gory details.
I could have waited another hour or so to hear them myself....

I am so immensely sad for all concerned, as well as extremely glad that I
did not have to be there as it was happening. According to Gloria, the vet
arrived too late to save her but in time to put her down before she suffered
much.

Purrs for Gloria and yourself, Pat. My boss' daughter shows horses at
jumping competitions. They bought a horse several years ago that
eventually turned into the family pet as well as her competition horse.
Several weeks ago they had to put him down due to intestinal
complications. The entire family was heartbroken. I shall light the
candle I used to guide Newt over the Bridge for Gerda.

Julie

Old March 17th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:18:39 -0600, Pat wrote:

I got a call from Gloria very early this morning. Gerda
(http://friesianlover.com/gerda.html) died giving birth to her foal, which
was breech and also did not survive. You don't wanna know the gory details.
I could have waited another hour or so to hear them myself....

I am so immensely sad for all concerned, as well as extremely glad that I
did not have to be there as it was happening. According to Gloria, the vet
arrived too late to save her but in time to put her down before she suffered
much.

what a sad end to a story. Purrs for those who loved the horse. MLB
Old March 17th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
I got a call from Gloria very early this morning. Gerda
(http://friesianlover.com/gerda.html) died giving birth to her foal,
which was breech and also did not survive. You don't wanna know the
gory details. I could have waited another hour or so to hear them
myself....

I am so immensely sad for all concerned, as well as extremely glad
that I did not have to be there as it was happening. According to
Gloria, the vet arrived too late to save her but in time to put her
down before she suffered much.

I'm sorry to hear that, I will light a candle for Gerda and her foal. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 17th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:18:39 -0600, "Pat"
yodeled:

I got a call from Gloria very early this morning. Gerda
(http://friesianlover.com/gerda.html) died giving birth to her foal, which
was breech and also did not survive. You don't wanna know the gory details.
I could have waited another hour or so to hear them myself....

I am so immensely sad for all concerned, as well as extremely glad that I
did not have to be there as it was happening. According to Gloria, the vet
arrived too late to save her but in time to put her down before she suffered
much.

Oh, I am so sorry. What a great loss. We are all revving our purr
motors.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 17th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" wrote
Purrs for those who loved the horse.

I've been crying all morning. She was an absolutely wonderful mare.

Old March 17th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm so sorry, Pat. So sad.

"mlbriggs" wrote

Old March 17th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, Pat penned:
I got a call from Gloria very early this morning. Gerda
(http://friesianlover.com/gerda.html) died giving birth to her foal,
which was breech and also did not survive. You don't wanna know the
gory details. I could have waited another hour or so to hear them
myself....

I am so immensely sad for all concerned, as well as extremely glad
that I did not have to be there as it was happening. According to
Gloria, the vet arrived too late to save her but in time to put her
down before she suffered much.

I'm so sorry. Maybe mother and foal can keep each other company on
the way to the Bridge ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 17th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ah, poor horsies. I'm sure the RB has a lot of green pastures for both of
them to run around in. Will include them in our candle lighting this
weekend.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan