Purrz fur Onyx...

Old May 15th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Meowmie Carol

Default Purrz fur Onyx...

On May 14, 2:32 am, Cory wrote:
Onyx doesn't know it yet, but he's going to go to TED'z dis week to,
among other things, have some of his blood stolen from him by TED. I
talked to Mom (hiz Grandmeowmie), and she's concerned about Onyx
losing weight. She doesn't think his problem is anything acute or
even that serious (like cancermonsters, fur instance). She thinks
that he might have a thyroid problem. Apparently, he's lost a good
3-4 pounds (which is a considerable amount of weight for Onyx... it's
not that he's a small cat, either. He's just such a stocky boy and
big all the way around [big frame, nice, stable weight until now,
lotsa muscle], that his weight loss has been noticeable. He's still
the same size, in terms of his frame, but he's getting to be skin and
bones nowadays, even though, according to mom, he's eating fine.

Onyx actually "eats like a horse", according to my mom. He's just not
gaining any weight, and in some respects, he's not keeping the weight
he's already got. I've known about the concern for weeks (Mom and Dad
just got back from winter down south), but no one was overly concerned
enough by any abnormalities to want to mess around with finding a TED
down south (in other words, it's never been an emergent problem).

There IS one interesting tidbit about Onyx that I learned during last
night's conversation with my mom... Onyx HATES, HATES, HATES TED. I
don't know when this all started, since he was OK with me when he
first came to live with me back in '94 as a baby kitten, and had to go
to TED to be "tutored", et al, but he won't even let TED steal any of
his blood anymore without TED zonking Onyx out first with
anesthesia!!! That's just an indication for y'all of how hissy he
gets with TED nowadays.

I will let the kitties and Anti's and Unca's know what's in store for
my little brat cat as soon as I know something myself.

--- Unca Cory

We'z purrin... We rememfur Onyx frum when he wuz a kitten. TopHat and
da gang.

Old May 16th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

Default HISSSPIT!!! NO!!! I'Z NOTTID KUMMIN' OWTTA DIS BOKZ!!!!! (WUZ ~ Purrz fur Onyx...)

*sigh*

I debated whether I should give the human version or the kitty version
of Onyx's adventure at TED's... I think I'll go with the human version
for now...

Onyx was SO feisty that he didn't even want to come out of his
carrier. He started hissing and spitting and *growling* when
Grandmeowmie brought him into the examining room (UB ~ at least he
doesn't bite). TED actually had to weigh Onyx IN his carrier. Then
he sedated Onyx, so that TED could steal some of his blood.

Onyx weighs 10.5 lbs right now. When he was 3-5, he weighed 14-16
pounds, easily, if my memory is correct (and I think it is... I just
seem to remember him weighing approx. 16 pounds once upon a time).
Grandmeowmie says he's losing about a pound a year.

TED isn't overly concerned... thinks it's either his thyroid or his
kidneys. I will know more tomorrow, and have a more complete update
for y'all.

--- Unca Cory

Old May 17th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

On May 15, 10:04 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
we willz kontinuta purr, Tiger fur hiz howze

Onyx is fine! Really, truly, seriously. His cholesterol is up about
10 points, and he MAY have a sore "toof" (tooth... he's had a history
of gingivitis, especially around this particular tooth), which MAY be
having an effect on how much he eats, but truth be told, his
Grandmeowmie just isn't feeding him enough.

TED told Onyx that he SHOULD be eating *3* cans of Fancy Feetz a DAY.
ALL my folks' cats should be eating AT LEAST *3* cans of FF a DAY...
also, for all the naysayers out there who hate the prospect of feeding
wet food, vets, it turns out, are actually fine with feeding FF and
other wet foods. The teeth and how the wet food affects them is the
ONLY thing vets worry about, with respect to nutritional intake,
protein, etc., etc., yadda yadda yadda. The teeth ARE a concern, yes,
and they should be, but all that needs to happen is that kitties
SHOULD get SOME dry food in their diet, if for no other reason than
it'll clean their teeth. Otherwise, furkids, go ahead and eat all the
wet food you can stand. Tell your human you have Unca Cory's
blessing! ;-)

Anyway, he's fine... especially for a cat his age. His blood work,
except for the cholesterol jump, came back perfectly clean.

Oh! His electrolytes were also a little out-of-whack (I knew I was
forgetting something), but given how traumatized he gets in going to
TED's and how they have to zonk him out to steal his blood, as you
kitties put it, TED thinks that it may have been a temporary thing
(much like an adrenaline rush, I'd suppose) that resolved itself once
Onyx was back home and in the comfort and safety of his own
surroundings.

Fangu furry much fur yur "catsurn".

--- Unca Cory

Old May 17th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On 16 May 2007 18:19:23 -0700, Cory wrote:

[...]

meow from me! and a purr too. get well sooner than later.
beauty
Old May 17th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

This IS good mewz!!!
P2nya olny will eat a little bit (tablespoon full) of Fancy Feetz or Innova
morning and nite, but 'grazez' on dry food the rest of the time. Since she
gained 1/2 pound in the last year, it woikz furr hurr.

Sylvia

Old May 18th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_2_]

On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:06:43 -0700, Sylvia M's nimble, little paws
typed:

This IS good mewz!!!
P2nya olny will eat a little bit (tablespoon full) of Fancy Feetz or Innova
morning and nite, but 'grazez' on dry food the rest of the time. Since she
gained 1/2 pound in the last year, it woikz furr hurr.

Sylvia

I iz da same way, Pitoonya! Da furless one leafs a full bowl of my
kibble owt awl day, and I munches as da mood strikes myownself! I
hates wet fudz and hooman fudz!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
5/17/2007 8:18:21 PM
Old May 18th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

--
Pitô.ônya
"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:06:43 -0700, Sylvia M's nimble, little paws
typed:

This IS good mewz!!!
P2nya olny will eat a little bit (tablespoon full) of Fancy Feetz or
Innova
morning and nite, but 'grazez' on dry food the rest of the time. Since
she
gained 1/2 pound in the last year, it woikz furr hurr.

Sylvia

I iz da same way, Pitoonya! Da furless one leafs a full bowl of my
kibble owt awl day, and I munches as da mood strikes myownself! I
hates wet fudz and hooman fudz!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
5/17/2007 8:18:21 PM

I haz mine Pawpaw traynt tu gib me nu wet fud in da mornink an efnink.
Sumtymez I eet awl, ur sum, ur non attawl.

Meowmee putz owt dryzeez an nu wadder in da kitshen an baffruum.
I awlwayz eet summa doze dryzeez, buttid hur neffurr seen me drynk
enny wadder frum da wadder bowlz, kuz datz nottid weer I drinkz frum ;-)

Old May 18th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

Dey always way me in tha carrier, an sedate me to steel blood. Dey feer me.

Bear

On May 14, 12:32 am, Cory wrote:
[...]

Onyx: All That Glitters Susan Zeigler Cat anecdotes 5 April 15th 07 07:45 PM
Purrz fur a d*g Tabitha Fluffytail Cat community 14 December 3rd 06 07:35 AM
Onyx yew heer? Shahna Cat community 9 August 17th 06 07:04 AM
Onyx: Up on a Roof Susan Zeigler Cat anecdotes 14 April 14th 05 09:35 AM
Onyx: A Mouse a Day Susan Zeigler Cat anecdotes 12 April 13th 04 05:30 AM