Good Tuna newz.

Old August 20th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default Good Tuna newz.

HiHi Kitties,
Sum tyme ago we said dat Fred wuz going ta be busy wif da new tuna
makin projekt. Well, he has kleared do biggestest hurdle and da
project is coming together bedder than he hoped. He iz soooo luky dat
he may soon be a producer uv a won our drama fur TV an da kreator of da
show.
It met effurry kriteeria of da broadkast netwerk which is a nessessary
thing pluss he's got a starr for added power wif da nagotiashuns. Fred
says hez neffer seen a project come togeffer so eazili an so fast.
Effurryfing fel into place just as he needed it. It's a deal of beauty
and wif such a good beginning he duznnt see how it can fail,... (famous
last werds). but da big herdel iz kleared and he finks it can only
fail ifn he messez up an he duznnt intend tu du that!

Cinnamon Ryan & Diana.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old August 20th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Wonnerful, nowz we kin say wez knows someone who iz famouz, well, he willz
be soon. Effer now and den we knowz someonez dremz komes true and it is
wonnerfulz. Piglet dancing around from the excitement of things going right
for her Frenz hooman.

Old August 21st 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
mlbriggs

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:16:58 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

HiHi Kitties,
Sum tyme ago we said dat Fred wuz going ta be busy wif da new tuna
makin projekt. Well, he has kleared do biggestest hurdle and da project
is coming together bedder than he hoped. He iz soooo luky dat he may soon
be a producer uv a won our drama fur TV an da kreator of da show.
It met effurry kriteeria of da broadkast netwerk which is a
nessessary
thing pluss he's got a starr for added power wif da nagotiashuns. Fred
says hez neffer seen a project come togeffer so eazili an so fast.
Effurryfing fel into place just as he needed it. It's a deal of beauty
and wif such a good beginning he duznnt see how it can fail,... (famous
last werds). but da big herdel iz kleared and he finks it can only fail
ifn he messez up an he duznnt intend tu du that!

Cinnamon Ryan & Diana.

Purrs and head butts for outstanding success Tell more. MLB

Old August 21st 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Datz gudgud mewz, Unka Fred.
Whutz da pikshur beowt?
Iz da pikshur beowt kitteez?

Maybee yu kant tewll...Gudgud luk ennyheow!
--
Pitô.ônya

Old August 21st 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

When uzens read da gud newz, wez figgured he kouldn't tell usens yet. You
knowz dem famoz peoplez, dey godda keepz dat stuffz topz sekret until da big
dayz.

Old August 21st 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Monday 20 August 2007 19:50, mlbriggs wrote:

[...]

Thank-you. I shouldn't tell much more, cuz it's too soon to release
the details to the public. I'm so sorry and I really wish I could.
All I can say is that it's a one hour family drama and we're looking at
13 episodes per season. The show revolves around a sport, which must
remain unnamed or it would give too much away, and I have a world
champion in that sport, and quite a celebrity already, who wants to
play the lead, which really boosts the value of the show to the
networks.
When I was ready to pitch a show I had a pitching session with a top
executive for a major network here in Canada, we'll call him Jim, (not
his real name), and he liked the show but said it didn't fit the
audience demographic they were courting. He told me what they wanted
and said I should re-draft the proposal. He gave me the name of the
local executive producer for show development because he was in Toronto
and I live in Ottawa.
I worked the show around but re-jigged like that I didn't see it
working. So I pulled out another idea that had been relegated to the
back shelf of my mind and saw that it fit. I drew up a short proposal,
(they only want one page for these first proposals because they get so
many), and sent it to the contact I was given here in Ottawa. She had
gone on vacation that same day (4 weeks lost). I re-edited the
proposal & made it better. I re-submitted it with a note that it
replace the previous one, which they did. There was some slowness in
getting back to me and when I decided I had waited long enough I called
and left a message on the woman's answering machine. We had never met,
just exchanged emails. I included the line, When you don't call me I
get crazy ideas, like you don't love me anymore... We can talk this
through! We can make this work! I had an email within a few hours and
an appointment the next day. Networks love inventive and creative
people. The pitch was accepted and "kicked upstairs." That's the
hardest part to get through, (the biggest hurdle). Only about one show
in a hundred gets past the pitch. One ofthe good things is that the
person she kicked it upstairs to is Jim. Jim already knows me and we
hit it off well. He knows I have passion for my projects and good
instincts. Also the local exec. prod. is a big fan of the sport and
the world champion is a household name here in Canada. Moreover she
listed 6 or 7 criteria that the network was looking for in a new show
for the time slot in question and my show hit every one of those right
on. It's exactly what they are looking for.
So that's why I say the only way this can fail is if I mess it up, even
then, the show is so good it may carry me though, but I won't depend on
that. There is at least one more big plus, because this certain
network has just renewed it's licence to broadcast this sport for
another four years with the sport's national governing body and the
synergy between the sports broadcasts and the drama will boost rating
for both shows. You've heard about win-win situations. This is a
win-win-win-win-win situation! I have never been at the centre of a
project that has come together so perfectly. It's like magic. One
thing now feeds off another. The project was kicked upstairs largely
because I had the star, I suspect. Then the star's interest is boosted
because the project was kicked upstairs. I hardly have to do any work.
I keep waiting for something to go wrong, but even when I look at it
from the network's point of view, I don't see how they can pass this
up. It just seems unstoppable.

(Posted with Diana's permission by her human, Fred)

--
Regards,
Fred

Old August 21st 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Nexdt yearz hedlinez

O. T. grabz grambys kurling ironz and runz toda middle of da floorz. Diz O/
T. Mahoney an I iz reporting ta yourownselves from da Red karpet for dhiz
awardz showz.

Tonightz awardz for bestis nu Dramma seriez goes to da communities ownz
Unkle Fred. Himself iz wearin a neu suitz wih free colors of butiful cat
furr on itself. Diz mustis be hiz supporting crewz Cinnamom, Ryan and Diana;

Da hole kommunity PURREEDD for his succez. He talkz likez it waz easy, and
luk but we all knowz howz hardz himselfz worked on itsownself. Kreative
peoplez r specialz peoplez, dey workz hardz and deserfes der succkez. Wez
allz wisches yourownself grate succez isalldat you du in da future.