Food Question

Old February 2nd 04, 06:48 AM
GAUBSTER2

From: "Steve Crane"

What is rational about anything you say???? Whenever you lose an

argument, you
try to change the subject. I posted some suggested foods to the OP and

you
immediately condemned those foods, without knowing anything about them, or
proving what you said with some data.

And subsequently available information was posted about the food(s) you
recommended. Gaubster was right about the possibility of problems with your
suggested foods. Analyzing a food based on ingredients is like third grade
math. Some people prefer to stay stuck at that level of understanding simply
because it requires no further work and allows them to keep and hold
emotionally developed decisions about various foods. Some people fear taking
the next step and analyzing foods based upon nutrients, for fear it would
illustrate to themselves the errors they made originally.

Speaking of losing an argument and then rapidly changing the argument - you
really don't have much to work with here. You lost the argument on the carb,
calcium and phosphorus levels in the wellness food under discussion and to
this day haven't found sufficient the integrity to admit your error.

Better be careful, Steve; or she'll call you a "bully" again! I'm still
waiting for her to admit that she lied about me on the issue of declawing.
Unfortunately, she's only showing herself to be a person of low character and
absolutely no credibility. Oh well. shrug

Old February 2nd 04, 06:48 AM
GAUBSTER2

Old February 3rd 04, 03:19 AM
Steve Crane

"Yngver" wrote in message
"Steve Crane" wrote:

And subsequently available information was posted about the food(s) you
recommended. Gaubster was right about the possibility of problems with

your
suggested foods.

That was not what I was pointing out, however. Whether or not there are
"possible problems" with the foods recommended (and by pointing out

possible
problems, that apparently does not constitute a condemnation, in

Gaubster's
mind), the context in which they were recommended was in comparison to

Special
Kitty. The issue ought to be whether or not there are more "possible

problems"
with the recommended foods than with Special Kitty, but the crux of the

matter
here was ignored.

It's not quite that simple. A suggestion was made for "better" foods based
upon Laurens thinking of what consitutues a better food. In her case that is
always very elementary ingredient examination. Subsequently it was
discovered that at least two of the four foods (the other two are unwilling
to share nutrients levels) were excessive for calcium and phosphorus. Such
excesses are innappropriate according to the Diplomates of the Americna
College of Veterinary Nutrition who members established Key Nutitional
Factors for gorthw, adult and senior cats. Lauren objected that someone
would "dis" her food suggestions based upon nutrient values.

Subsequently a specific food was offered on another thread. Lauren and Jon C
both accused me of lying about the carb levels in that food. Both were
proven wrong and the 800 number to that food company was offerred for anyone
on the NG to prove the reported values correct. I suspect, although I cannot
prove, that Lauren fully knew she was in error, but instead of admiting the
erro she chose to launch on a campaign of name calling suggesting I should
"eat ****". As I commented at the time it was hardly a mature reaction to
discovering she was in error.

Analyzing a food based on ingredients is like third grade
math. Some people prefer to stay stuck at that level of understanding

simply
because it requires no further work and allows them to keep and hold
emotionally developed decisions about various foods. Some people fear

taking
the next step and analyzing foods based upon nutrients, for fear it would
illustrate to themselves the errors they made originally.

So in essence what you and Gaubster are complaining about here is that you
think Lauren should have recommended other foods than the ones she did,

when
the OP asked about feeding something better than Special Kitty?

I am not "complaining" in any way about what foods she recommends. That is
certainly her right to recommend any food she chooses. What is in clear
error and illustrative of her immaturity is that when she is faced with hard
facts a) excess calcium and phosphorus and b) carb levels which were
actually higher than the food she often denigrates, she chose to ignore the
facts began a name calling campaign. It would be my opinion that sharing
factual information has some value. Instead of admitting she was wrong about
the calcium and phosphorus levels and the carb levels of the third food in
question she responds by suggesting others are "liars" and that I should
"eat ****". I have no objection to any recommendation and by the same token
she should be adult enough to take criticism of her recommendations when
other disagree with recommendations. Instead she reverts to name calling and
obfuscation to the nth degree. The NG's are open for anyone. If you make
suggestions or posts notes and someone disagrees you should be expecting
counterpoint to your suggestions and an adult will take this as open and
honest debate. Unfortunately when challenged with facts she cannot refute
she appears unable to accept such criticism in an adult fashion.