MY BELOVED BON BON

Old August 23rd 04, 01:15 AM
Renee D.

Default MY BELOVED BON BON

I have been known to avoid this very special group because of the number
of sad stories posted here. Nevertheless, when something important
happens in my cat family, I find that I must share it with you -- as I
have for over three yers now.

My Bonnie was my Special Cat among a large cat family for over 12 years.
She was "special" to me for quite a few reasons, not the least of which
was her beautiful short-furred tortoise shell appearance. But beyond
that was the bond that existed between us.

Bonnie was the cat I could talk to -- and yes, she listened and
understood what I said. She was very intelligent and she was able to
respond, to share with me something of what she was feeling. (Only
confirmed cat people will be able to understand that last sentence!)

Bonnie went through a lot of llife changes with me -- we moved out to
the desert (Joshua Tree) while our house was being sold. Then we moved
again to a smaller house and settled into our "retirement home." Less
than a year after that I was widowed. Then I was diagnosed with cancer
and went through surgery. Always, she was the cat I held and talked to
during the dark hours.

TC and Bonnie were not friends. He used to chase her until she ran
behind the TV -- or until she ran to me. She knew that I would always
protect her. We had a long talk one day. She had a glorious lion-like
roar. I told her to use it on TC, whenever he chased her. It didn't
always stop him, but I have seen other cats come to a skidding halt when
they heard that jungle roar!

She was never a cheerful cat. In fact, she was often cranky and
short-tempered. She just didn't want to be bothered. She was not,
therefore, delighted when Creampuff sent the new kittens to us. She
could handle Jazzi, but Zorro adopted her as his mom, much to her
dismay. I told her that he was a baby, but still she didn't have to
put up with too much foolishness from him. I remnded her that a good
swat could come in handy. She never hurt him, but she sure taught him
some manners!

Bonnie developed arthritis in her jaw, which made it difficult for her
to eat. Dr, M gave her shots which were supposed to help, but they
really didn't do the job and she continued to lose weight. All of her
tests came back negative, but Dr. M said she showed all the signs of
cancer. I could not and would not let her suffer pain.

It was a very hard decision to make. I told her when we took her in
that in a very few minues she would be running and playing like a
kitten. I told her that T'Chan and Creampuff were waiting for her, as
was her daddy.

I know she is happy now. I know that she is in far better hands than
mine, but it hurt me then and it hurts now. I think of her at night
-- and I cry.

Renee

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." Colette "I've traveled a long
way -- and some of the roads weren't paved." Will Rogers "I'm too
blessed to be stressed." Anon "No Heaven will not ever Heaven be,
unless my cats are there to welcome me." Anon

Old August 23rd 04, 01:54 AM

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:15:25 -0700, (Renee D.)
wrote:

[...]

I am so sorry to hear about Bonnie.
My condolences.
She is in a better place and will always be with you.

Old August 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
Christina Websell

"Renee D." wrote in message

[...]

Healing purrs for your heart from England. It's never an easy decision and
I can't bear it either.
You did the right thing, and she knows it. Please try and comfort yourself
knowing that.

Tweed