Well I might as well

Old June 3rd 04, 03:36 AM
Gracecat

Default Well I might as well

I've waited a while to see if things worked out before mentioning it to
anyone but...

Several days ago, we became slaves... Yesterday we became slaves again.

And Jody is ensnared. Abi's completely besotted and Sassafras purrs her
bloody little head off no matter how the 6 year old drags her through the
yard. They're inseperable, completely bonded.

We were at my sister's and this cute little maybe three months at best
calico kitten waltzed by, skinny and starved. We weren't looking because
after the last time, I just didn't want to commit. I tried, it didn't work
out and we were afraid it wouldn't again. But... when Abi came walking
through with Sassy swinging from under her front legs, and I was able to
hear her purring a half block away... It was just... It happened Jody
said we could't leave her, so he popped her in the truck and we headed home.
The next morning Jody came by me with a gallon of milk. Bless his heart, I
decided to hope for the best and not say anything about lactose intolerant
felines. But.... where is my husband, what has happened to him and when did
the mothership install superduper mind erasing for cat dislikers?

She's been in the new house keeping the construction crews company,
thoroughly inspecting each tile placed and each light hung. After a while
she'll doze for as long as they're continuing to do the exact same thing she
inspected but if they move to a different part of the house she'll trot
over, hop on a ladder and meow her instructions.

Btw, I'm told it's difficult to lay tile with a cat in the way.

Willow, is a small manx female that came up to the office a few weeks ago.
She's been there ever since but with the summer coming up, and our facility
bordering a military training area/airfield she came home, here. And been
with us for a few days so far.

Willow seems to be more grown up, she's not kittenish but instead a
dignified love slut. She'll bump my hand but she won't show off too much.
She's the epitome of refinement. Sassy is, I'm ashamed to report, a
niphead. Since we've had her, she hasn't bitten, clawed or pounced. She'll
chase a leaf, but she isn't... or wasn't... aggressive until I placed down
some catnip that I had grown. She turned into a homicidal tiger .

I've got to get photos off my memory chip tonight from the house and then I
can take some of the owners. I want to show off Miss Sass-ass. Her tail is
orange, her back legs and hips are white with a strange anatomically placed
black spot... right smack in the middle of her *ahem* derriere.

Grace
unexpectedly owned

Old June 3rd 04, 04:20 AM
Sherry

Her tail is
orange, her back legs and hips are white with a strange anatomically placed
black spot... right smack in the middle of her *ahem* derriere.

Grace
unexpectedly owned

Congratulations, Grace. The unexpected ones always turn out to be the best!

Sherry

Old June 3rd 04, 04:24 AM
Gracecat

Thanks Sherry. To be honest, I'm still nervous. The last time we tried this,
I had to take her back to her original owner. I still see Miss Kitty often
and after my friend's husband was seperated from her for a while, they went
ahead and brought her in with the other three. So it turned out best. She
was very much missed.

But.. I'm nervous all the same. Looks like it's actually turned out really
great though!

Grace

Old June 3rd 04, 04:30 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:36:00 -0500, "Gracecat"
wrote:

[...]

Happy Dancing ;-) yet another cat found a happy home and a new batch
of slaves to master. Can't wait for the pix ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: