My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

Old June 10th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

On 9 Jun, 18:49, reeper wrote:
On Jun 9, 1:31 pm, "Matthew" wrote:

no comment on why your knees hurt while they are bent ;-)

haha
it's not my knees, its my hamstrings

hopefully bookies advice will work
im having 2 more drinks now

it's over 100 deg out so far, whew

exercising, or whatever it is that you are doing (kindly keep that to
yoursefl though) in such heat is a bit daft, unless you absolutely
have to and are regularly rehydrating yourself with proper drinks.
just water is actually not good enuogh as you lose salts and
electrolytes in your sweat quickly and that is why sports drinks liek
lucozade sport are better as they have sodium etc in them to replace
these lost salts and prevent cramp casued by this loss. they also have
glucose to replace lost energy.

so yes flat coke, preferably with a smidgeon of salt in it woudl
probably be good for cramps.

talk about off topic

Old June 10th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 10 Jun, 01:04, bookie wrote:
On 9 Jun, 18:49, reeper wrote:

On Jun 9, 1:31 pm, "Matthew" wrote:

[...]

Very true indeed...& probably my fault for entertaining the fool.

My apologies. I know better than to allow this off topic creature
luring me into responding, but dropped my guard.(yes...again) If he
wants to think these things about me, or the British, then let him. He
simply is not important enough for me to care what it feels(if it
can?).. I shouldn't have allowed him to poke at me, so blame myself
entirely. I am far too good for him! I know it too; speaking of which,
we are all far too good for him, which is why his ineffectual, self
inflicted chest thumping is one of his sadder pass times.....

It certainly is nothing to do with his cat. apparently he only eats
them. How vulgar can he get.......?!!!

I wonder if the same applies to cats/queens when in mating season?
(needing supplements of glucose & saline solution to reduce body
cramps. I don't know).....

I used to feed my queens on kitten food, & extra lashings of Cimi Cat
to help with milk production & maintain body mass whilst pregnant &
nursing.....
I've never had cause to ponder this before, which is something I
should have done really!!

S;o)

Old June 10th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

sheelagh wrote:
On 9 Jun, 15:55, "reeper" wrote:

what is pmt?

what is pmt?

PRE MESTURAL TENSION,
I think we have different ways of saying the same thing,
you call it PMs, so I assume( rightly or wrongly), that S stands for
Stress?

Nope, it stands for "syndrome."

Rhonda

Old June 10th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 05:11:39 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Bookie,

Most people here are against the war, and many of us shook our heads in
disbelief that it was allowed to happen. I wish to gawd that England
wouldn't have agreed whole-heartedly with it. Maybe without another
major country's support (like yours,) Bush would have had a much tougher
time going through with it.

Personally, I am not going to vote for someone for president who voted
to have this war. It's easy to see what a mistake it is now and jump on
that bandwagon, but I want to know if they saw how ridiculous it was at
the beginning.

Rhonda

You're pretty glum, Rhonda. I admit, I was against the war at first,
but I have come to realize that it is not going to end any time soon,
so I might as well learn to like it. Go Dubya! Let's kill some more
terrorists!

It's all about positive thinking.

You could be right. Maybe the sun really will come out tomorrow.

Rhonda

PS -- Dubya met the Pope today. I'm sure the Pontiff was shocked and awed.

Old June 10th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
reeper[_2_]

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 9 Jun, 18:49, reeper wrote:
On Jun 9, 1:31 pm, "Matthew" wrote:

so yes flat coke, preferably with a smidgeon of salt in it woudl
probably be good for cramps.

talk about off topic

I do have to work to feed the cats, so in a way.. I think it's ok

yeah, mo gatorade is in order
glucose, electrolytes, etc.. yeah

it was only 100 deg in the shade.

Old June 10th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 10 Jun, 02:05, Rhonda wrote:
sheelagh wrote:
On 9 Jun, 15:55, "reeper" wrote:

what is pmt?

what is pmt?

PRE MESTURAL TENSION,
I think we have different ways of saying the same thing,
you call it PMs, so I assume( rightly or wrongly), that S stands for
Stress?

Nope, it stands for "syndrome."

Rhonda

Thank you for clearing that up Rhonda
I still find it strange that we all speak the same language, yet there
are so many different nuances in between us....
S;o)

Old June 10th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
reeper[_2_]

"sheelagh" wrote in message
Thank you for clearing that up Rhonda
I still find it strange that we all speak the same language, yet there
are so many different nuances in between us....

don't you mean nuisances?

Old June 10th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 10 Jun, 02:27, "reeper" wrote:
"sheelagh" wrote in message
Thank you for clearing that up Rhonda
I still find it strange that we all speak the same language, yet there
are so many different nuances in between us....

don't you mean nuisances?

No...I don't.
If I meant that, I would have said that.
S.

Old June 10th 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 01:11:30 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

PS -- Dubya met the Pope today. I'm sure the Pontiff was shocked and awed.

White House insiders say it was a "good meeting." Bush gave the pope
a walking stick made by a homeless man. The pope regaled Bush with
nostalgic tales from his childhood as a swastika-waving Hitler
Youth... "the world seemed simpler then... but easy certainties
evaporated beneath an onslaught of Russian steel... at last I found
solace in religion."

"Me too," said Bush. "For me it was DTs that did it."

"Ach! But it has served us well, no?"

The only awkward moment occurred when Bush addressed the pope as "sir"
rather than "your holiness." But overall, the chemistry was superb.

Charlie

sick with worry about my older cat ms. tonya Cat health & behaviour 3 March 4th 06 03:36 AM
Argh - litterbox accident again Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 24 December 5th 05 03:51 PM
Our cat had a little accident. :( Advice please! John Krystek Cat health & behaviour 82 November 10th 05 07:27 AM
almost-bad accident Pat Cat anecdotes 9 July 25th 05 04:46 AM
GW [OT] Ghostly accident Yowie Cat anecdotes 3 September 22nd 04 02:23 AM