My cats have never been out

Old June 21st 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default My cats have never been out

bookie wrote:
On 21 Jun, 01:37, "barb" wrote:

Ryan Robbins wrote:

Yeah -- don't let them out. Cats don't enjoy being maimed or killed. Nor do
the owners who supposedly love them.

Either buy a harness and leash and walk with the cats, or build a solid
outdoor enclosure for them.

Right on, Ryan. That's about what I said about 100 posts ago!

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

yeah and stay indoors yourselves too cos you never know whether you
may get hit by a car crossing the road or squashed by a falling bit of
plane fusilage, or perhaps attacked and chopped to death by a gang of
crazed knifemen, or blown up by a bunch of arabian terrorists, or set
fire to a bunch of arsonists on a day out from the local prison, or
killed in a sudden earthquake where large cracks appear inthe ground
and you fall down one and don't stop falling until you reach the
centre of the earth and can never be rescued, or you are hit by
lightening, or you are pecked to death by a flock of killer pigeons on
the loose, or you get carried off by a freak tornado which has
appeared from nowhere and you are never seen again!!!!

jesus christ almighty! get a bloody grip ladies, what could happen to
your cat could happen to you and amusing though this yank paranoia is
about all the death and destruction and danger there is in the world
outside your front door it does get really very silly indeed and it is
a real shame that you are trying to pass your own pathetic fears on to
other people in other parts of the world who live in environments
which are nothing like your own. Even more of a shame that your fears
prevent your cats enjoying the great outdoors in the way they should,
I really pity your cats, I really do
bookie

Bookie,

Are you saying people in the US should let their cats out? That we don't
because of "yank paranoia?"

I thought we weren't supposed to comment on letting cats in or out
unless we live in the country in question.

Rhonda

Old June 21st 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:33:05 -0700, bookie wrote:

you have no idea what the situation is here in the UK do you? you really
are not in a position to advise the OP whether she should allow her cats
outside as you have no idea what it is like in this country at all do
you? so don't comment, simple bookie

All I know is what I read in the news, sugar-pie.

Brits play football with live turkeys...
http://tinyurl.com/2le8aj

Brits torture a kitten...
http://tinyurl.com/2spq8h

Animal cruelty surges in East Anglia...
http://tinyurl.com/2p3h9z

Three strangled cats found in Leeds...
http://tinyurl.com/2qtb33

Norwich woman boils cat alive...
http://tinyurl.com/2o2au6

Drunken Brits kick puppy to death...
http://tinyurl.com/2kg4gg

You know what they say about denial, don't you? It's de longest river in
the world... and you are swimming in it.

Charlie

Old June 21st 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 21 Jun, 07:23, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:33:05 -0700, bookie wrote:

you have no idea what the situation is here in the UK do you? you really
are not in a position to advise the OP whether she should allow her cats
outside as you have no idea what it is like in this country at all do
you? so don't comment, simple bookie

All I know is what I read in the news, sugar-pie.

Brits play football with live turkeys...http://tinyurl.com/2le8aj

Brits torture a kitten...http://tinyurl.com/2spq8h

Animal cruelty surges in East Anglia...http://tinyurl.com/2p3h9z

Three strangled cats found in Leeds...http://tinyurl.com/2qtb33

Norwich woman boils cat alive...http://tinyurl.com/2o2au6

Drunken Brits kick puppy to death...http://tinyurl.com/2kg4gg

You know what they say about denial, don't you? It's de longest river in
the world... and you are swimming in it.

Charlie

i did not say it was non-existent, just not as prevalent as you like
to make out and no reason to keep your animals held captive inyour
homes when it is more natural for them to be allowed outside.

thankfully most 'brits' are not in a stranglehold of paranoia as you
yanks seem tobe about the dangers lurking touside their homes and so
happily allow their animals outside.

Old June 21st 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 21 Jun, 06:13, Rhonda wrote:
bookie wrote:
On 21 Jun, 01:37, "barb" wrote:

Ryan Robbins wrote:

[...]

Rhonda- Hide quoted text -

see charlie wilkes' post above and you will understand what i mean, if
that isn;t yank paranoia i don't know what is

Old June 21st 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

From Bookie:

yeah and stay indoors yourselves too cos you never know whether you
may get hit by a car crossing the road or squashed by a falling bit of
plane fusilage, or perhaps attacked and chopped to death by a gang of
crazed knifemen, or blown up by a bunch of arabian terrorists, or set
fire to a bunch of arsonists on a day out from the local prison, or
killed in a sudden earthquake where large cracks appear inthe ground
and you fall down one and don't stop falling until you reach the
centre of the earth and can never be rescued, or you are hit by
lightening, or you are pecked to death by a flock of killer pigeons on
the loose, or you get carried off by a freak tornado which has
appeared from nowhere and you are never seen again!!!!

Not in my neighborhood- no terrorists, no earthquakes, no crazed knifemen,
arsonists- I do walk around with my eyes open and was not allowed to cross a
street by myself until I was 9 years old. (We do have cars, and who knows,
maybe some sickos, too.) You live in the UK? I was there for a week years
ago and from what I remember they did have traffic.

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Old June 21st 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"barb" wrote in message
From Bookie:

[...]

I'm just wondering, do you think Bookie taught English before she was on the
dole?

lol

Old June 21st 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lis

On Jun 19, 7:07 pm, wrote:
Lynne wrote:

on Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:37:19 GMT, Patty wrote:

Oh, and we've never seen a case of
the plague either.

The plague is no long contained in California, FYI.

What do you mean? That the disease is in the population, uncontrolled?
I haven't heard of this, and I live in California. What part of CA, by
the way?

JOyce

Plague is endemic in the rodent population in California and a good
part of the American west. Every year there are a few human cases; in
a really bad year, there are a dozen or so, and one or two deaths.
Cats that hunt rodents in the plague-endemic areas are at risk
themselves, and at risk for bringing it into human populations.

Bubonic plague is usually not a big deal if it's identified quickly,
because it responds well to a whole range of antibiotics. If one of
these little local outbreaks of bubonic plague converts to pneumonic
plague, though, we'll have a bigger prolem because it will spread much
faster.

Lis

Old June 21st 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"cybercat" wrote in message

"barb" wrote in message
From Bookie:

[...]

I have wondered just what it is that she "teaches."

MaryL

Old June 21st 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:56:42 -0700, bookie wrote:

see charlie wilkes' post above and you will understand what i mean, if
that isn;t yank paranoia i don't know what is

Nonsense. "Paranoia" is a mental condition. But the post to which you
are referring consists of news items, i.e., factual reporting of real
events. I have a view of this subject that is based on information and
experience. You have a view that is based on wishful thinking and
willful blindness. How you take care of your own cats is your business,
but I will continue to object as long as you make a policy of advising
other cat owners that it's OK to let their beloved pets roam the
countryside.

Charlie
Old June 21st 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:51:52 GMT, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-
LITTER wrote:

I have wondered just what it is that she "teaches."

All I can say is thank goodness she's no longer got access to the
impressionable minds of children. The woman appears to need medication.

--
Lynne