Pics of the Orphan Babies

Old June 26th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Pics of the Orphan Babies

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
These babies are definitely not photogenic. ;-) They look like little
aliens no matter what I do with a camera.

They are 16 days old now! I'm pretty encouraged about their chances
of survival, much more so than I was a few days ago. Thanks to
*everyone* who kept the poor little things in their thoughts. They are
starting to toddle around and actually learned to purr. It's the
cutest thing.

http://community.webshots.com/album/559629986TAFCHO

Sherry

Oh they are too photogenic - they're adorable, and *WHERE* was that kitten
fever warning!!!? ;

Good on ya' gal for mothering these two little darlings!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 26th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:47:46 -0700, Sherry yodeled:

These babies are definitely not photogenic. ;-) They look like little
aliens no matter what I do with a camera.

They are 16 days old now! I'm pretty encouraged about their chances
of survival, much more so than I was a few days ago. Thanks to
*everyone* who kept the poor little things in their thoughts. They are
starting to toddle around and actually learned to purr. It's the
cutest thing.

http://community.webshots.com/album/559629986TAFCHO

Sherry

Oooo, I've been waiting for this! There's only one pic-- is that
right?

Oh come on, those are CUTE little aliens! I can just see them
wobbling around.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 26th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
These babies are definitely not photogenic. ;-) They look like little
aliens no matter what I do with a camera.

Awwww, I think they're cute!

Jill

Old June 26th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
These babies are definitely not photogenic. ;-) They look like little
aliens no matter what I do with a camera.

They are 16 days old now! I'm pretty encouraged about their chances
of survival, much more so than I was a few days ago. Thanks to
*everyone* who kept the poor little things in their thoughts. They are
starting to toddle around and actually learned to purr. It's the
cutest thing.

http://community.webshots.com/album/559629986TAFCHO

Awww. They're lovely! I admire you for committing yourself to rearing them
having done hand rearing tinies myself, oh, the exhaustion of it (sleep,
what's that?) but it is SO worth it when it's over;-)
And having also read what happened over the dropped kitten, I understand why
you had to take them on yourself. Do you think you would be able to
approach the shelter again for help with orphans you might get?

I hope you will not mind me saying so, but I thought you were harsh over
that. I can understand your anger about the life lost, but if it had been
myself that had accidentally dropped the baby I would have been beating
myself up already, probably for the rest of my life. The last thing I would
have needed was to be marched in to see the euthanasia that was "my fault."
Like it was some sort of awful punishment for what was obviously an accident
with tragic consequences. That was very unfair.
There seems to be no empathy about how the person felt themselves after
dropping the kitten, which led to its death. Did anyone even ask if they
were breaking their heart about it?

Tweed

Old June 26th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 26, 11:57 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

No, I'm not offended because what you're saying is true. I *was*
harsh. I am reminded
of this now, and remembering how wiggly 2-week old kittens really are.
You must hold
them firmly, and she might have been afraid it was too fragile to hold
firmly. I am now
of the opinion that the fault lies with the staff, the more
experienced volunteers, or me, for that matter-
for not instructing her better. I also expect
people to automatically know all the stuff we do about handling cats,
which is not fair.
I mentioned this to the shelter manager about four days ago, as a
matter of fact.
The specific volunteer (well, not really a volunteer -- remember it
was a girl serving
a community service sentence), she isn't there anymore. She got caught
red-handed
stealing raffle ticket money from the jar on the counter. Bah.
Anyway, I haven't been back since then. I finally realized I am too
burned out and hot-headed
to deal with personnel or the public anymore.

Sherry

Old June 26th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Sherry -- these guys can advertise for themselves!

What cute little things. I swear you could put a pic like that up at a
vet office and put a big heading like "We lost our mom and we need a
home in a few weeks when we're bigger" or something like that.

They really are sweet little things.

Rhonda

Old June 26th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:47:46 -0700, Sherry wrote:

These babies are definitely not photogenic. ;-) They look like little
aliens no matter what I do with a camera.

They are 16 days old now! I'm pretty encouraged about their chances of
survival, much more so than I was a few days ago. Thanks to *everyone* who
kept the poor little things in their thoughts. They are starting to toddle
around and actually learned to purr. It's the cutest thing.

http://community.webshots.com/album/559629986TAFCHO

Sherry

Sending purrs for the little motherless babes. MLB

Old June 26th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-06-26 08:47:46 -0500, Sherry said:

These babies are definitely not photogenic. ;-) They look like little
aliens no matter what I do with a camera.

They are 16 days old now! I'm pretty encouraged about their chances
of survival, much more so than I was a few days ago. Thanks to
*everyone* who kept the poor little things in their thoughts. They are
starting to toddle around and actually learned to purr. It's the
cutest thing.

http://community.webshots.com/album/559629986TAFCHO

Sherry

Awwww. They do look a little alien like at that stage. Man, still cute
though. They look pretty good!

Old June 26th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

ups.com...
wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

I also expect that, but most people do "not" know what comes so
automatically to us.

I mentioned this to the shelter manager about four days ago, as a
matter of fact.
The specific volunteer (well, not really a volunteer -- remember it
was a girl serving
a community service sentence), she isn't there anymore. She got caught
red-handed
stealing raffle ticket money from the jar on the counter. Bah.

Oh dear. Perhaps she had a "habit" to be funded somehow.

Anyway, I haven't been back since then. I finally realized I am too
burned out and hot-headed
to deal with personnel or the public anymore.

Sometimes we have had enough.

I'm beginning to be burnt out with my job too. Today a 3 y o child with a
broken leg not presented at hospital for treatment for *9* days of
immobility and no satisfactory explanation as to why. That's serious.
Roll on retirement in 2013.

Tweed

Old June 26th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

They are 16 days old now! I'm pretty encouraged about their chances
of survival, much more so than I was a few days ago.

Kumani looked weird until she was about 4-5 weeks old....Tyche looked
like an alien freak kitten for several months.

(Tyche IS an alien freak kitten...she likes liquor and coffee...)

They are darling! Many purrs for their welfare!

Will you keep them? You are their mom now.

--Fil