Speaking of lost posts

Old December 18th 03, 11:49 PM
JP Hobbs

Default Speaking of lost posts

HI all,Speaking of lost posts! can anyone explain to me,
why there are posts on here from weeks back, and yet mine
often disappear the next day? Icant work it out, amI doing
something wrong?.On the 17th I wrote asking for Purrs for
Daniella, my 6yr old Grand-Daughter could finish up in hospital
for Xmas because of a dreadful case of excema, she was with
me during the afternoon and Isaw some answers with Purrs and
Iread some out to her, I think there were about 6 or 7 but I
couldn't answer them straight away as I also had her 2yr old
brother, who is a real live wire but a georgeous one,so last night
Isat down to thank the senders as I was out Xmas shopping all
day,and believe it or not [ Ripley's eh] I could not find Anything
at all, no request no answers, after going through the2868posts 3 times
I gave it away, must be too tired I thought, now this morning I
been through them again several times still cant find them, even tried
going through APCin case I;d made a mistake, no nothing on
there either, so I give up, and may I say a big thank you to each
of you that replied as I cannot remember your Individual names,
but I'm still left wondering how this can happen, when most posts
areleft on for weeks.I hope you all get to read my thanks before
THEY disappear Purrs and Hugs toall and their fur Babies
for Xmas and the New Year Jean P. and Wilson.

Old December 19th 03, 02:35 AM
Tish S

Hi Jean,

Tish here. I saw all the posts on google (www.google.com.au - click
on the "groups" tab and type in the group name). If you still can't
find it, let me know and I'll email them to you. Last I looked, there
were 16 replies.

Hope things are going well for your granddaughter and that she will
have Christmas at home in comfort.

Cheers,
Tish

Old December 19th 03, 07:04 AM
JP Hobbs

Hello Tish thanks I'm afraid I dont even know if
I clicked on the right thing, I clicked on where it says
google but nothing happened, it really does seem
strange, I only saw 6 or 7 replies,Icant work it out
why it does this to me, I think it hates me[thecomputer]
I didn't want people to think I ask for Purrs and then
dont bother to say thank you I'd be very grateful if
you could email them to me.

A friend in need is a friend indeed Jean P.

om...

Old December 19th 03, 07:20 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:49:01 GMT, "JP Hobbs"
wrote:

[...]

It shows up Dec. 16 at 11:09AM on this ng. There are several answers. MLB

Old December 19th 03, 10:44 AM
polonca12000

Is it possible (if you are using Outlook Express) that the View menu for
Current View is set on Hide Read Messages? If that is so, it would help if
you chose Show All Messages.
Hope that helps,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"JP Hobbs" wrote in message
HI all,Speaking of lost posts! can anyone explain to me,
why there are posts on here from weeks back, and yet mine
often disappear the next day? snip

Old December 19th 03, 11:53 AM
JP Hobbs

Thanks MLB Idont even know how they get on other groups I
thought they only went to the group you posted them to,
I must confess I'm a bit of a dill about computers
cheers Jean P.

Old December 22nd 03, 01:51 AM
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:53:33 GMT, "JP Hobbs"
wrote:

Thanks MLB Idont even know how they get on other groups I
thought they only went to the group you posted them to,
I must confess I'm a bit of a dill about computers
cheers Jean P.

When you post a new message, you can specify what groups you want the
message to appear in. If you don't specify a group, then the message
will default to appearing in the group that you are currently reading.
If you reply to an existing message, your message will appear in the
same group or list of groups as the message you are replying to,
unless you edit the list of groups before sending your response.

Lost Posts? Gizela Cat anecdotes 25 December 19th 03 04:07 PM
Speaking of snow experiances... LOOOOOOOOOOOONg & rambling Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 3 November 14th 03 05:17 AM
"lost" kitten purrs please? Jette Goldie Cat anecdotes 29 November 5th 03 04:28 AM
Another lost cat purr request Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 12 August 31st 03 07:09 AM
OK, I lost it John Biltz Cat anecdotes 1 August 14th 03 01:24 AM