Visiting the shelter

Old June 13th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Visiting the shelter

I had a sudden urge to visit the local shelter today! This is the
same shelter where I adopted Betty. I took a lot of pictures and some
videos, but right now I have to run to meet someone for dinner and a
movie, so here are just a few:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter2.html

Old June 13th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:13:03 -0400, Takayuki
yodeled:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter2.html

I'm glad you went, Tak. What lovely kitties! That shelter looks
pretty good.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 13th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:13:03 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

I had a sudden urge to visit the local shelter today! This is the
same shelter where I adopted Betty. I took a lot of pictures and some
videos, but right now I have to run to meet someone for dinner and a
movie, so here are just a few:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter2.html

The one with the white mustache is so incredibly cute! The orange one
(Sophie?) looks like a cross between Sammy and Harri. And Katya almost
looks like Ranger's sister.

Old June 13th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:13:03 -0400, Takayuki
yodeled:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter2.html

I'm glad you went, Tak. What lovely kitties! That shelter looks
pretty good.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

I'm just a TAD concerned about the Tuxedo cat with the yellow collar. Could
be just a lot of furr but that collar looked a bit too tight to me.
Shouldn't you be able to easily wiggle a couple of fingers in there?

Jill

Old June 13th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:13:03 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

I had a sudden urge to visit the local shelter today! This is the
same shelter where I adopted Betty. I took a lot of pictures and
some videos, but right now I have to run to meet someone for dinner
and a movie, so here are just a few:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter2.html

The one with the white mustache is so incredibly cute! The orange one
(Sophie?) looks like a cross between Sammy and Harri. And Katya almost
looks like Ranger's sister.

Katya looks like Persia when she acquired me! But I see they have a
PERSIA! Can't see the cat, though unless she's the one under the cat tree.

Jill

Old June 13th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jun 13, 2007, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

The one with the white mustache is so incredibly cute!

Absolutely. That collar, the mustache... what a handsome dude. (Or dudette.)

--
Remember: It is To Laugh

http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old June 13th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

I had a sudden urge to visit the local shelter today! This is the
same shelter where I adopted Betty. I took a lot of pictures and some
videos, but right now I have to run to meet someone for dinner and a
movie, so here are just a few:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter2.html

Wow, I guess the cats get to spend a fair amount of time outside of
their cages? Long enough to go into serious napping mode, anyway.

Nice pictures!

Joyce
Old June 14th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

I had a sudden urge to visit the local shelter today! This is the
same shelter where I adopted Betty. I took a lot of pictures and

some videos, but right now I have to run to meet someone for
dinner and a movie, so here are just a few:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter2.html

Wow, I guess the cats get to spend a fair amount of time outside of
their cages? Long enough to go into serious napping mode, anyway.

Nice pictures!

Joyce

They do that at 'The House of Mews' in Midtown, Memphis, Joyce. In fact,
the only ones in cages are the ones who are questionable about socializing
with other cats (and new arrivals). The kittens are in a separate
glassed-in room with a similar arrangment.

The cats run all over the place; it's really fun to watch. It's an old
store front and they lounge in the windows in the sun, on cat-trees, on
beds, in boxes, etc. They have toys galore. All volunteer staff and some
funds taken in from people like me (when I can afford to).

www.houseofmews.com

It's where I took Spotty when I grabbed his skinny butt. They paid for all
vet services, cleaned him up, a few additional vet services as he got
diarrhea from not eating regular food. But they had him adopted out in a
matter of a week or so.

I sure hope his new family is taking good care of him. They didn't seem too
literate when I communicated with them but then that could have just been a
computer generation gap. The House of Mews screens people pretty closely.

Jill

Old June 14th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

It's an old
store front and they lounge in the windows in the sun, on cat-trees, on
beds, in boxes, etc. They have toys galore. All volunteer staff and some
funds taken in from people like me (when I can afford to).

www.houseofmews.com

It's where I took Spotty when I grabbed his skinny butt. They paid for all
vet services, cleaned him up, a few additional vet services as he got
diarrhea from not eating regular food. But they had him adopted out in a
matter of a week or so.

But, how perfect! All the animal shelters I know of are out on the
edge of town to where it's a special trip. It's the darn pet stores
with their puppy mills and backyard breeders of kittens and puppies
that are in the mall or in storefronts on Main St.

PatM

Old June 14th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 13, 3:13 pm, Takayuki wrote:
I had a sudden urge to visit the local shelter today! This is the
same shelter where I adopted Betty. I took a lot of pictures and some
videos, but right now I have to run to meet someone for dinner and a
movie, so here are just a few:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter2.html

That looks like a very nice shelter! Lots of really nice kitties, too.
Did
any of them really catch your eye more than the others?

Sherry