Update on Ping/Mimi is a butterball

Old November 15th 04, 05:18 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Update on Ping/Mimi is a butterball

Ping seems to be making himself at home more and more every day. He's
getting that kitten-energy back, playing with the occasional mousie and
wailing on the TED doll (yes I have one - it's ancient, dirty (I've washed
it and all that cat-slobber is on it permanently), and I managed to find
another one at a grocery store (the manufacturer's web site says that this
character is 'retired' so finding one is a rare thing - and since when did
cat toys go along the lines of those accursed bean-bag toys, with characters
being 'retired'????) but I'm waiting for this one to fall apart, but it may
be a while as we've had the old one for years and it's only showing a few
snags. Durable little fella, that TED doll.

Anyway, Ping has been seen playing, not just with the cat-toys, but actually
chasing (or being chased by) some of the others, the Threesome or Weeble
(Lizzie, Smokey & Tennessee are too lazy and "mature" for that stuff). He's
even attacked one of my feet while I sit on the sofa a couple of times. He
did let me trim his claws (I did this before I took him for the big snip),
so no major damage. He *LOVES* belly rubs and scratching at the cardboard
scratchers (among other things). And his fur is getting much softer than it
was when he first decided he wanted to live here. I guess he's losing that
scruffy lost-cat look. And he's getting a bit of fat on his belly. He
still looks skinny, but you have to really try to feel his ribs, and his
backbone is not feeling as 'sharp' as it did before.

And Mimi - DH was worried about her because she looks so.... round. Her
belly looks like there's a tennis ball lodged in there. We took her to TED
(same day as Ping's first visit) and he felt around her belly, feeling for
anything unusual (enlarged organs, tumor, blockage) and felt nothing amiss.
He looked her over fairly good, everything short of x-raying her. Asked if
she acted unusual in any way. Aside from twitching and moaning in her sleep
(all cats do that at some time or another), she eats well, litterbox usage
seems normal, and plays (she especially loves twisties, takes them into the
bathtub to play with them where they can't escape her) just like her
siblings. TED's conclusion: Mimi is just a chubby kitty. We are to cut
down on her intake (easier said than done, with *seven* other hungry cats
begging for food), and try to get her to play more (chase the red dot or the
fuzzy-feather-snake) for more exercise. We've been calling her our little
Butterball, and have looked her over for that little thingy that pops out
when the turkey is done (ROFL). She's one turkey that won't need any
stuffing.
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old November 15th 04, 05:58 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:18:47 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

Ping seems to be making himself at home more and more every day. He's
getting that kitten-energy back, playing with the occasional mousie and
wailing on the TED doll (yes I have one - it's ancient, dirty (I've washed
it and all that cat-slobber is on it permanently)

and I managed to find
another one at a grocery store (the manufacturer's web site says that this
character is 'retired' so finding one is a rare thing - and since when did
cat toys go along the lines of those accursed bean-bag toys, with characters
being 'retired'????) but I'm waiting for this one to fall apart, but it may
be a while as we've had the old one for years and it's only showing a few
snags. Durable little fella, that TED doll.

Stinky used to have one-- he disemboweled it *twice*-- the first time
I sewed it back up.

Now he has a "Mother In Law" one. I don't have a MIL right now, but
she does resemble a former boss of mine.

Anyway, Ping has been seen playing, not just with the cat-toys, but actually
chasing (or being chased by) some of the others, the Threesome or Weeble
(Lizzie, Smokey & Tennessee are too lazy and "mature" for that stuff).

Whoa! Way to go Ping!

He's
even attacked one of my feet while I sit on the sofa a couple of times. He
did let me trim his claws (I did this before I took him for the big snip),
so no major damage. He *LOVES* belly rubs and scratching at the cardboard
scratchers (among other things). And his fur is getting much softer than it
was when he first decided he wanted to live here. I guess he's losing that
scruffy lost-cat look.

It happens quickly once they start eating right. I remember the same
with Stinky.

[...]

JPGS!

Theresa

Old November 16th 04, 03:16 AM
Enfilade

And his fur is getting much softer than it
was when he first decided he wanted to live here. I guess he's losing that
scruffy lost-cat look.

It happens quickly once they start eating right. I remember the same
with Stinky.

And Smokey. There's a sleek, soft, shiny, healthy "I'm a kitty with a
home" look....that then bleeds into the "I'm a lazy fatso and this is
my couch so you better gimme some of that sandwich if you wanna sit
here" attitude.

Ping is a happy boy!

--Fil