GW (But only if you're hoomin)

Old June 3rd 10, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default GW (But only if you're hoomin)

I left the front door in a hurry this a.m. and went flying down the
porch step without really looking where I was going.

What I did not see was a huge rat that had been obviously left for my
approval.

I stepped square on it. No, I didn't just step on it. I SLID on it.

I felt a crunch, then a pop, and I'll just shut up there. And I wasn't
even
wearing real shoes, just flip-flops.

It was Frank and Boots, undoubtedly. It had certain parts missing, and
that's
the signature to their work.

So I am in the yard squealing and dancing like a six-year-old girl,
which totally
terrified F&B such that they immediately scurried off. I felt kinda
bad about that.
I mean, they went to all that trouble, and that's not the kind of
praise they were looking for.

So my plans tomorrow are to find a male to scoop up the remains and
dispose of them. At this house, that falls under "man job"
descriptions.I am such a wussy.

But as of tomorrow I am a wussy who watches where she is planting her
feet.
I know how stupid ths sounds. But it was *traumatic* to slide on a
dead rat. I bet I even dream about this.

Sherry

Sherry
Old June 3rd 10, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Sherry wrote:
But as of tomorrow I am a wussy who watches where she is planting her
feet.

I know how stupid ths sounds. But it was *traumatic* to slide on a
dead rat. I bet I even dream about this.

OMG - that's like slipping on a banana peel, except less vegetarian!
Old June 3rd 10, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

It would traumatize me, too. In all the years I had indoor-outdoor cats,
some of which were hunters, I never was unlucky enough to step on a corpse.

Joy

Old June 3rd 10, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like a real nightmare! shudder I do not envy you that experience,
Sherry.

One thing Persia will never be is a mouser (or a ratter). She's afraid of
mice! One morning in my apartment in TN I got up and went to the kitchen.
Persia *refused* to go in there. She always followed me (often led me) into
the kitchen because that's where her food was stashed. What's wrong, girl?
I turned on the light. Oh! There was a dead mouse on the kitchen floor.
She wouldn't go anywhere near the kitchen until I disposed of the corpse.
Fortunately I didn't slip and slide on it. Ugh.

Jill

Old June 3rd 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gracecat

On Jun 2, 11:48*pm, Sherry wrote:
[...]

I did this exact same thing several weeks ago.

Lunatic is an indoor outdoor cat. I've tried many times to bring her
in on a permanent basis. The silver darts every time the door opens
and intense catterwauling eventually drives us all wild.

Every morning she appears with another mole or rat on the back door
mat. We use the backdoor exclusively. I go barefoot at home most of
the time. Her signature is to neatly sever the stomach sac from the
rest of the body. The only evidence I find some mornings is a neatly
dissected green pouch. Mole stomaches are tiny and they fit between
toes very, very well.

She's my husband's cat and I warned them both the next time it
happens, I'm going to hang her gorgeous hide on my wall.

Gracie
Old June 3rd 10, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 3 June, 14:38, Gracecat wrote:

Her signature is to neatly sever the stomach sac from the
rest of the body. The only evidence I find some mornings is a neatly
dissected green pouch.

That's probably not the stomach but the gall bladder apparently it's
quite common for cats to leave that bit apparently it doesn't taste
nice (I'll take the experts word for it)

Regards

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 3rd 10, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gracecat

On Jun 3, 8:51*am, Lesley wrote:
On 3 June, 14:38, Gracecat wrote:

*Her signature is to neatly sever the stomach sac from the

rest of the body. The only evidence I find some mornings is a neatly
dissected green pouch.

That's probably not the stomach but the gall bladder apparently it's
quite common for cats to leave that bit apparently it doesn't taste
nice (I'll take the experts word for it)

Regards

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I can't imagine a gall bladder that big on even a rat? It's the size
of about a medium sized coin. A US quarter sometimes, no smaller than
a US nickel.

Grace
Old June 3rd 10, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Yesterday, Jake brought a very live lizard into the house. It wasn't
moving, and Charlie insisted it was dead. He thought it was really
funny when it 'recovered' and ran across my bare foot. Or he thought
it was very funny when I screamed.

Note I'm the one that had to catch it and get rid of it. He was
thoroughly amused, but not about to do anything about it himself. In
all fairness, he is none to steady on his feet.

But if I'd been a bit less jittery, I'd have dropped it on him
accidently so he could see just how 'dead' it was.

Jo

Old June 3rd 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

Sounds like a real nightmare! shudder I do not envy you that
experience, Sherry.

One thing Persia will never be is a mouser (or a ratter). She's afraid
of mice! One morning in my apartment in TN I got up and went to the
kitchen. Persia *refused* to go in there. She always followed me (often
led me) into the kitchen because that's where her food was stashed.
What's wrong, girl? I turned on the light. Oh! There was a dead mouse
on the kitchen floor. She wouldn't go anywhere near the kitchen until I
disposed of the corpse. Fortunately I didn't slip and slide on it. Ugh.

Jill

Ummmm.... If Persia didn't produce it, how did it get there? (Dead mice
don't usually appear spontaneously, without feline assistance.)
Old June 3rd 10, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
On 3 June, 14:38, Gracecat wrote:

Her signature is to neatly sever the stomach sac from the
rest of the body. The only evidence I find some mornings is a neatly
dissected green pouch.

That's probably not the stomach but the gall bladder apparently it's
quite common for cats to leave that bit apparently it doesn't taste
nice (I'll take the experts word for it)

Hence the expression: "bitter as gall"?