Blind cat adoption tips?

Old December 21st 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default Blind cat adoption tips?

IBen Getiner wrote:
-L. wrote:
Phil P. wrote:

Then you'll just "love" Snowy's story...

http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/...tory-print.htm

Ya know, I have seen some ****ed-up repugnant **** during my lifetime.
I was once the first on the scene of a double-fatality vehicle crash.
But nothing makes me as sick in the soul as something like this.

-L.

Then you're one sick *******. The suffering of an animal cannot even
begin to be compared to that of a human being.

You obviously cannot in context.

That's the problem with
you and other warped mental-cases like yourself... You got your
priorities all ****ed up. Animals don't have FAMILIES, azzhole. They
don't have kids in school or mortage payments or a FUTURE, etc., etc.
You people...... you're about as spaced out and ****ing wacko as a
person can possibly get (and all by your own choice, I might add).
Besides... we don't know if someone 'poured' it of the dog. It was
probably and accident. Just the sort of thing we need the animal cops
investigating, so they use all their undeserved power to crucify some
otherwise-loving and caring pet owner.
Get a life, you dickless prick. See a shrink (if you kan find one that
doesn't think like you). You're damaged goods, whoever you are, if you
continue to make comparisons like the one you made above. Emotionally
crippled touchie-feely scew-ball....

"Now, Now Benny...Go sit in yout time-out chair. I will come and get
you in four minutes if you have settled down."

-L.

Old December 21st 06, 09:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Phil P. wrote:
These are the things that make tremble during adoptions- that's why I don't
handle very many. If you work in animal rescue or animal care, your faith
in human nature will go straight down the tubes- quickly- if not sooner.

You get steeled in some respects. I know that since I have been out of
the direct line of fire for awhile, I can't stomach things that used to
not phase me.

-L.

Old December 21st 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

bookie wrote:
I am assuming that normally you would not be allowed to use a computer
without an adult present but there is noone in the house right now to
supervise you and you have been let loose, so a few points to bear in
mind...

Just ignore him. He's insane.

1) i would hope that -L is dickless as she is a woman

I have bigger balls than most men, though, LOL...

2) this is a news groups about animals to which mainly animal lovers
and those who care about their welfare post to. These people choose to
spend their spare time rescuing abused animals before they spend their
time helping out 'needy' humans

Not necessarily. I do what I can, where I can, regardless of species.
We are all part of the whole.

therefore it is highly likely that the
people who post here will hold the sorts of views that -L and myself
have expressed, so if you do not like to read these views or disagree
with them so vehemently i suggest you do not join the group or
contribute.

He missed my point completely. Not surprising, in that he's touched in
the head.

3) everyone is entitled to their own opinion without unqualified
inidviduals like yourself making comments such as 'see a shrink'. Are
you a qualified psychologist? i doubt it somehow.

He can comment all he wants. Just consider the source, LOL...

4) I for one agree with -L as to me creatures such as the puppy inthe
court case in fulton county, the cat with ringworm who was allowed to
continue without veterinary care, adn this case of snowy which i have
no yet brought myself to read yet because I know it will upset me are
usually completely unable to prevent the abuse which we humans inflict
on them. think about it; is the cat with ringworm able to make itself
an appointment with the vet? was the puppy who was put into an oven and
baked to death by 2 psychotic (and I use that term inthe proper sense
here, meaning that they have no regard for the feelings of others and
possibly little awareness) teenagers abel to do much about that before
it slowly cooked? it was a trusting little soul who thought that all
humans were there to look after it, to play with and provide love and
affection and it was horribly let down.

That's what bothers me the most about these cases. The animals are so
helpless and trusting and will walk willingly into the situations of
abuse.

as I have said before we huamns owe a duty of care to the animals we
take on and have domesticated and if it is in our power to stop their
suffering from disease or abuse then we should be doing so as most
animals can rarely do this for themselves. YOu said that animals do not
have families etc, you are very wrong? if a mother dog is killed who is
going to nurse her unweaned pups? what about the companion animals left
behind, we have all seen animals mourn the loss of a friend, you
obviously have not. and what about the human families left behind to
whom the animal has given years of companionship and support, they will
suffer too.

just think about what you say and who you are saying it to before you
start typing next time and you may not end up lookign like such a
complete cretin in future

Not likely. He is what he is and sadly, history repeats itself with
him.

-L.

Old December 21st 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

-L. wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but remember that humans were put into ovens
too, in Auswitch.

My point is that being cruel to animals often goes hand in hand with being
cruel to humans. Almost all serial killers started out their "careers" by
torturing animals. If a person is sick enough to want to cause pain to
*ANY* sensate creature, that person is a danger to society and should be
permanently removed from society.

It's a moot point to me which is worse - both are unacceptable.

Of course - but that's not the point I made. The point I made was I
have seen some awful things in my lifetime but purposeful cruelty is
something I still cannot stomach. I don't care if it is to a dog, cat
or human baby - it's all horrible.

-L.

Agreed. But that isn't what you SAID.

You SAID....

"Ya know, I have seen some ****ed-up repugnant **** during my lifetime.

I was once the first on the scene of a double-fatality vehicle crash.
But nothing makes me as sick in the soul as something like this. "

THAT is what you said. And the point you make is just that: You've seen
human suffering of the worst kind, but THIS touches you more. An
animal's suffering. THIS.
You're only changing your tune now because I called you on it. If that
wasn't what you really meant, then you need to be more specific.
Although I highly doubt your new story, especially since your friend
backs me up concerning your mental state of spiraling affixia-rooted
sociopathic desegregation....
Oh... and in the future, don't try to LIE your way out of the hot seat
by trying to twist the record. I can cut and paste with the best of
them...

IBen Getiner

Old December 21st 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

http://maxshouse.com/bitsys_page.htm

The cats of this world need more people like you!

Best of luck & congratulations!

Phil

Hear Hear!!!
All the best to you Bookie,I really hope that all goes well for you.

I now understand Phil's cinicism-I have NEVER Been so shocked by such a
disturbing photograph as I was when I saw the photo of the cat with
Ringworm of the face,ever in my life.
It is disgusting,inhumane & downright wicked thing to do to a poor
defencless cat.I truely hope that the person who did this is
caught,brought forward & incarcerated for life.I was shocked and
disgusted to think that any human being could do such a terrible thing
to a cat.This has got to be one of the worst cases of neglect that I
have ever seen before.It leaves me with a lasting impression of "What
can I do to ensure that this never happens again"?
I may not be able to do it personally,but I would do anything that I
could do to make sure that this stops Right now!!
I too ,feel ashamed to be associated with humans If that is what they
do...I can understand your disechantment utterly & because I feel it as
well!!
S.

Old December 21st 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Yes, I know that, you know that - only Iben Getiner has missed the point so
badly that it didn't even mess up his hair as it flew by.

I was replying to Bookie who was talking about the teens who put a puppy in
the oven and slowly baked him to death, and pointing out that humans didn't
confine their sick imaginations to thinking of horrible ways to torture
animals - we've also done some pretty horrible things to each other as well.

And you're right, for me too accidental human death does not have the same
impact on my soul as deliberate infliction of pain on a sensate creature.
Anyone sick enough to do that needs to be swiftly and permanently removed
from our gene pool.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 21st 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

CatNipped wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

i agree,; willful cruelty to any creature is not the same as an
accident, that was what i was comparing, not cruelty to humans compared
to cruelty to puppies, although sometiimes for me (and me personally
and I am entitled to my opinion here and shoutign at me will not change
it) doing things like withholding medical help from an animal when that
animal can obviously not take itself to the vet is the worst, just
simply refusing to help a creature who is not in a position to help
itself or inflicting pain and suffering on a creature who cannot defend
itself. i am talking about deliberate harm here

Old December 21st 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

That's what bothers me the most about these cases. The animals are so
helpless and trusting and will walk willingly into the situations of
abuse.

yes that is EXACTLY what i mean, they are so trusting, they think all
humans are goign to provide love, hugs, games and protection and
unfortunately that is not always the case, that is what upsets me most.

Old December 21st 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

"sheelagh" wrote in
ups.com:

[...]

We are such a strange lot, humanity. Capable of so much good or so much
evil.