Supporting Sammy the post office cat

Old January 12th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Supporting Sammy the post office cat

People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy the
cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post Office is a
federal building and Sammy does not pay taxes. Therefore, the writer said,
Sammy should not be allowed inside. Sammy was banned from the building
because of that letter. The video shows a small crowd gathered outside the
Post Office to support Sammy, and one woman even bought a box in Sammy's
name so he would have a legal right to enter.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...National_.html
(Video)

http://www.kare11.com/news/whatsup/w...5254&catid=333
http://www.ketknbc.com/news/cat-evic...t-paying-taxes

MaryL

Old January 12th 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:10:35 -0600, MaryL wrote:

People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy
the cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post Office is a
federal building and Sammy does not pay taxes. Therefore, the writer
said, Sammy should not be allowed inside.

Then neither should anyone who doesn't pay federal taxes: dependents, the
very poor, foreigners, service animals, and even some of the very rich.
And mice - of course, to keep the mice out, you need a cat inside.

--
T.E.D. )

Old January 12th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

MaryL wrote:
People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy
the cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post Office is
a federal building and Sammy does not pay taxes. Therefore, the writer
said, Sammy should not be allowed inside. Sammy was banned from the
building because of that letter. The video shows a small crowd gathered
outside the Post Office to support Sammy, and one woman even bought a
box in Sammy's name so he would have a legal right to enter.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...National_.html
(Video)

http://www.kare11.com/news/whatsup/w...5254&catid=333

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/cat-evic...t-paying-taxes

MaryL

Pets don't vote. That's why crap like this happens. Go, Sammy, go!
Old January 12th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy the
cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post Office is a
federal building and Sammy does not pay taxes. Therefore, the writer said,
Sammy should not be allowed inside. Sammy was banned from the building
because of that letter.

Is this a joke? I've never heard anything more stupid!

Don't have time to read the stories at the moment, but I'm saving the
links for later.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 12th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kreisleriana[_3_]

. ..
People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy
the cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post Office is a
federal building and Sammy does not pay taxes.=

How asinine. Why would they even pay attention to such an obviously
frivolous complaint?

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old January 12th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote:

People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy
the
cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post Office is a
federal building and Sammy does not pay taxes. Therefore, the writer
said,
Sammy should not be allowed inside. Sammy was banned from the building
because of that letter.

Is this a joke? I've never heard anything more stupid!

Don't have time to read the stories at the moment, but I'm saving the
links for later.

--
Joyce ^..^

No, not a joke. The stories are very short--about 30 seconds to read.

MaryL

Old January 12th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Linda Boucher

who ever wrote that letter should be ban from the post office for life....i
never heard of anything so stupid before...i would
say the cat as more right to be inside that post office than that person
does

Old January 12th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmcquown[_2_]

. ..
People in a small town in Tennessee

Alabama

Old January 13th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Let's send Sammy Letters (WAS: Supporting Sammy the post office cat)

"Linda Boucher" wrote in message
who ever wrote that letter should be ban from the post office for
life....i never heard of anything so stupid before...i would
say the cat as more right to be inside that post office than that person
does

People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy
the cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post

I say we should all write Sammy a letter to his new P.O. Box 173 in
Notasulga, Alabama, Postal Code 36866-0173 If you can, send catnip!
send Kitty toys! I say we support Sammy! He's a gorgeous and obviously
(from the video) very friendly and well loved orange tabby who doesn't
deserve to be turned away from his post office because one spiteful woman
doesn't like cats.

Jill

Old January 13th 09, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Linda Boucher" wrote in message
who ever wrote that letter should be ban from the post office for
life....i never heard of anything so stupid before...i would
say the cat as more right to be inside that post office than that person
does

People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy
the cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post

I say we should all write Sammy a letter to his new P.O. Box 173 in
Notasulga, Alabama, Postal Code 36866-0173 If you can, send catnip!
send Kitty toys! I say we support Sammy! He's a gorgeous and obviously
(from the video) very friendly and well loved orange tabby who doesn't
deserve to be turned away from his post office because one spiteful woman
doesn't like cats.

Jill

I'm there. Was it a woman? I don't remember it being specific.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Supporting Sammy the post office cat MaryL Cat health & behaviour 43 January 17th 09 01:48 AM
Post Office cats update Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 6 July 5th 08 10:11 PM
Sammy? ChildFree23 Cat community 1 October 4th 06 02:12 PM
Sammy? ChildFree23 Cat community 18 April 8th 04 10:28 PM