How NOT to take a cat for a walk

Old November 20th 05, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default How NOT to take a cat for a walk

What a moron, I can't believe anyone would think that their cat was a
dog! No wonder the cat wasn't having any of it.

Old November 20th 05, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-19 17:51:15 -0600, said:

What a moron, I can't believe anyone would think that their cat was a
dog! No wonder the cat wasn't having any of it.

Actually, many cats like walking on leashes. It's fairly common anymore.

Old November 20th 05, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message

When I jingled the harness at him, he would come and stand to attention in
front of me so I could put the harness on him more easily. It was quite
amazing, because he would lean this way and that to facilitate the
'dressing' procedure. My little gentleman.

Frank & I have great fun with his bondage equipment

Smug purrs, Waffles

Old November 21st 05, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote:

When I jingled the harness at him, he would come and stand to
attention in front of me so I could put the harness on him more
easily. It was quite amazing, because he would lean this way
and that to facilitate the 'dressing' procedure. My little gentleman.

Wow, he certainly was! Smudge was never like that. She hated having
her harness put on. I eventually just left it on her, because she got
used to wearing it, and that was less stressful for her than struggling
with me over it every day. What she hated was having something put on
over her head. I eventually found another kind of harness, one that
had a clip for the head *and* the body sections, so I wouldn't have to
put her head through anything. But she still reacted the same way when
she saw me holding the harness - she'd run under the coffee table.
Eventually I'd catch her and put the harness on her, and she'd see that
it wasn't all that traumatic an experience. Unfortunately, she continued
to associate the sight of the harness with that horrible over-the-head
sensation, and never quite got over that.

Recently I had a dog-walking job, and this person had an over-the-head
harness that I had to put on the dog every day before going out. She
warned me that the dog might give me a little trouble because he wasn't
crazy about that sensation, either. Ha! After dealing with Smudge, I
found harnessing this dog a total cakewalk.

Joyce