Purr Request Update and Thank You :)

Old August 28th 03, 06:13 PM
bewtifulfreak

Default Purr Request Update and Thank You :)

Well, MIL is finally sorted out and back to her energetic, cheery self! As
I said, they thought she had shingles in her ear, and so didn't give her
anything for it, since shingles is a virus and they expected it to go on
it's own. Well, after many tests and a second trip to the hospital, they
found out she hadn't burst a blood vessel, and that it wasn't shingles in
her ear, but an infection, and its having being left untreated is what put
her in so much pain and made her feel so badly - that was also a big part of
what made her nauseous. Plus, they found out she had also gotten a bout of
gastroenteritis, which made her feel very sick as well. Her blood pressure
was elevated, and her sugar more out of whack than it had ever been (she's
diabetic). So now that they've sorted all that out and got her on
antibiotics and watching her diet better, she's feeling back to normal
already, and needless to say, we're all very much relieved.

Thank you all so much for the warm wishes, purrs, prayers, candles, good
thoughts, meatloaf meditations and all the other positive stuff....it
obviously did the trick.

Hugs,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 28th 03, 10:22 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:13:57 +0100, "bewtifulfreak"
wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear that they've finally diagnosed the problem, and that
she's getting the correct treatment. Purrs for a complete recovery
Old August 29th 03, 12:08 AM
Shirley

I'm glad to hear your MIL is better, I've had 2 nasty ear infections
where I ended up in hospital and the pain was so bad I would have let
them amputate my head if it would have cured it.

--
Shirley
see my cats at

Old August 29th 03, 07:08 AM
LOL

[...]

WooHoo! I am glad to hear she was doing so well - hisspits to those
who mis-diagnosed her. Ear infections are *no fun* and having one
longer than necessary would be awful.

We are sending full-recovery purrs, and hope she continues to feel
better.

------
Krista
Old August 29th 03, 12:21 PM
polonca12000

Thanks for the update, Ann.
Continued purrs and best wishes for your MIL and hugs to the rest of the
family,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
Well, MIL is finally sorted out and back to her energetic, cheery self!

snip