REMINDER: Purr for Betty

Old November 17th 05, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default REMINDER: Purr for Betty

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 06:41:44 -0800, Lesley wrote:

CatNipped wrote:
Tak's Betty started her treatment about 25 minutes ago. Please remember
to send extra purrs that *this* treatment works.

The Furballs are purring madly!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Sent heavenward purrs for Betty. MLB & TuTu
Old November 17th 05, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sending purrs across the pond.

Marcia

Old November 17th 05, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Sending purrs across the pond.

Marcia

Purrs from the great Canadian north...

--Fil

Old November 17th 05, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm really overwhelmed by all the attention that just one little
tuxedo girl's cancer treatment has been getting! I know that I'm very
much in love with Betty because she owns me, but I didn't realize that
she could infect so many people. I still don't know how that could
have happened.

Betty did get her new chemotherapy today. I got up this morning as
usual, and Betty was doing her usual routine of holding on to my
shoulder to try to convince me to stay in bed. She's more nocturnal
than I am these days, so tends to wander away from bed during the
night, and by sunrise is quite sleepy, and will be in a state of
luxurious sleep in my arms, under the covers.

I held her like a teddy bear and gave her plenty of kisses. I got up,
but Betty elected to stay as a bedlump. She took over the warm
human-shaped depression that I had left.

After my morning ablutions, I brought the carrier over to the bed,
making sure she clearly heard its distinctive clinking of metal. In
anything unpleasant I have to do, I make sure that Betty has some
warning, so that she can be assured that the rest of time, if things
seem fine, they really are. It's part of a strategy to make the her
world feel safe and predictable. Most of the time.

I turned over the covers. Betty looked sad, and gave a little cry. I
picked her up and lowered her into the carrier. She didn't struggle
at all. She almost never does.

I dropped her off at the oncology center, and went back in the early
evening to pick her up. Betty gave one "meow" of protest in the
lobby. Everyone laughed and repeated, "Meow!" Betty can turn people
into mimics! I put her in the car, and started the drive home. Betty
started up with her periodic "Ow" cries. I slipped my fingers through
the front grate of her carrier, and she purred and headbutted. When I
took my hand away, she started crying again.

I said, "I'm so sorry my love. I've never given you a choice about
anything. You eat what I give you without complaining, go where I
take you, live where I live. I don't own you. You have your own
life, and it may be very short now. Do what you want to do. Make
your own choice for once about where you want to be, and what you want
to see."

So I unlatched the top of Betty's carrier. Betty popped up to look
around. She went to every single car window. She meowed at the world
going by. She came to my lap. She meowed at other cars. Then she
decided that she liked her carrier best after all, and went back in,
hunkering down.

Right now, she's purring up a storm on my lap. She looks funny with a
little shaved wrist, and is covered with the scent of perfume. I
think the techs were fond of her today.

Old November 17th 05, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

and you wonder why we, who'v never met her, love her too! purrs continueing
for betty.

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old November 18th 05, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
[...]

Dear Tak, How could we not be in love with your sweet Betty? Please
rest assured that she knows that you are doing your best for her, even
if it sometimes isn't the most pleasant thing she's experienced. I
think it's harder for us than for them. I'm not fully convinced that
they "do" guilt in the same way we tend to. We second guess ourselves
all the time, though. We've all seen what the Power of Purr can do, and
we're all hoping that this time it helps give some extra oomph to the
new chemo. One thing that does concern me, though, is that you know
that you are part of this family, too. We care about you both, not just
Betty and...um...you know...that guy. ;-) So if you ever need to talk
to someone there's bound to be someone awake and around in this
international family room/lounge we have here. {{{Tak and Betty}}}

- Denise Brennasmeowmy (at work suffering from MMS for some strange
reason grin)

Old November 18th 05, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu 17 Nov 2005 06:45:25p, Takayuki wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I'm really overwhelmed by all the attention that just one little
tuxedo girl's cancer treatment has been getting! I know that
I'm very much in love with Betty because she owns me, but I
didn't realize that she could infect so many people. I still
don't know how that could have happened.

Amazing isn't it? Your stories make us love Betty as much as you
do. As much as everyone loved Shadow. And Grant. And Nikki. And
Jazz. And The Dust, and everyotherlittlecreature who's passed
through our lives.

gentle snip

Right now, she's purring up a storm on my lap. She looks funny
with a little shaved wrist, and is covered with the scent of
perfume. I think the techs were fond of her today.

I'm glad she's home and where she belongs. We're still sending good
thoughts and purrs that this is going to give her more time, and
you more time with her. You'll know. *hugs*

--
Cheryl
Old November 18th 05, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-17 17:45:25 -0600, Takayuki said:

[...]

I'm sure they were. She seems in pretty good pluck having had such a
long treatment. I sure hope you see improvement. What a little
sweetheart. We fell in love with her through your eyes, you know.

Old November 18th 05, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I feel fond of all the cats I read about on the group. There are a few I
feel that I love, and Betty is one of them. Please, please, let her be
healed with this new treatment. I shall be absolutely devastated if she
isn't, so it just has to work. I've been chanting and praying all day for
her. Silently when at work, but out loud now I'm home.
I feel quite distressed and tearful that is nothing else I can do.

Tweed

Old November 18th 05, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Tak and Betty}}}}}}}}}}

Tak, we love Betty because we know she has to be a very special, extremely
intelligent cat to have chosen you as her slave!

Hugs,

CatNipped