REMINDER: Purr for Betty

Old November 18th 05, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default REMINDER: Purr for Betty

"meee" wrote:
and you wonder why we, who'v never met her, love her too! purrs continueing
for betty.

I do wonder. I don't say all that much about her, but then we all
love cats here on RPCA.

Old November 18th 05, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Denise VanDyke wrote:
Dear Tak, How could we not be in love with your sweet Betty? Please
rest assured that she knows that you are doing your best for her, even
if it sometimes isn't the most pleasant thing she's experienced. I
think it's harder for us than for them. I'm not fully convinced that
they "do" guilt in the same way we tend to. We second guess ourselves
all the time, though. We've all seen what the Power of Purr can do, and
we're all hoping that this time it helps give some extra oomph to the
new chemo. One thing that does concern me, though, is that you know
that you are part of this family, too. We care about you both, not just
Betty and...um...you know...that guy. ;-) So if you ever need to talk
to someone there's bound to be someone awake and around in this
international family room/lounge we have here. {{{Tak and Betty}}}

- Denise Brennasmeowmy (at work suffering from MMS for some strange
reason grin)

Awww, I'm touched. Betty is too. She just said so by doing her one
handed curtsey - she got up on her hind legs, stretched her left
foreleg against my arm, bowed her head, and said "rrau".

Old November 18th 05, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:
Amazing isn't it? Your stories make us love Betty as much as you
do. As much as everyone loved Shadow. And Grant. And Nikki. And
Jazz. And The Dust, and everyotherlittlecreature who's passed
through our lives.

There are so many kitties that we love, including all of the above.
It's true.

Old November 18th 05, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
I'm sure they were. She seems in pretty good pluck having had such a
long treatment. I sure hope you see improvement. What a little
sweetheart. We fell in love with her through your eyes, you know.

She's always had a lot more pluck during all this than you might
expect. Probably being in a cage all day made Betty more spunky once
she was let out, not less. If this chemotherapy is like the previous
one though, her tummy will be a little upset for a week or so. Oddly,
this made her eat even more last time, since she had to make up for
whatever she threw up.

Old November 18th 05, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"SuzQ" wrote:
I sooooooooooooo hope she has more quality time with you. Purring up a
storm in W for Betty in B.
Suz&Spicey

I think I can hear her from the other side of the town line, Suz.

Old November 18th 05, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message
news
"meee" wrote:
and you wonder why we, who'v never met her, love her too! purrs

continueing
for betty.

I do wonder. I don't say all that much about her, but then we all
love cats here on RPCA.

you're right, we do all love cats here. I like other cats I see, but you
have to get to know a cat to love it, and those little notes you write let
us have the wonderful priveledge of knowing and loving betty. She is a very
special cat.

Old November 18th 05, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote:
I feel fond of all the cats I read about on the group. There are a few I
feel that I love, and Betty is one of them. Please, please, let her be
healed with this new treatment. I shall be absolutely devastated if she
isn't, so it just has to work. I've been chanting and praying all day for
her. Silently when at work, but out loud now I'm home.
I feel quite distressed and tearful that is nothing else I can do.

Thank you Tweed. And thank you for reminding me that there is a
possibility. I keep forgetting that these days.

Old November 18th 05, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote:
{{{{{{{{{{Tak and Betty}}}}}}}}}}

Tak, we love Betty because we know she has to be a very special, extremely
intelligent cat to have chosen you as her slave!

Betty seems to me to be average in intelligence among cats, but cats
are usually pretty smart anyway, and Betty is not an exception. My
side of the story is that I chose her though.

When I was writing that, Betty grabbed my hand and pulled it tight
against her chest. She's saying, "No, *I* chose *you*!"

When she did that, I got a clear look at her shaved wrist. It's very
velvety where they shaved it all around, and it makes her foreleg look
like a rabbit's foot on a stick. I noticed they shaved off those
funny elbow whiskers that cats have - oh well, they'll grow back.

Old November 18th 05, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote:
{{{{{{{{{{Tak and Betty}}}}}}}}}}

Tak, we love Betty because we know she has to be a very special,

extremely
intelligent cat to have chosen you as her slave!

Betty seems to me to be average in intelligence among cats, but cats
are usually pretty smart anyway, and Betty is not an exception. My
side of the story is that I chose her though.

When I was writing that, Betty grabbed my hand and pulled it tight
against her chest. She's saying, "No, *I* chose *you*!"

Of course she did.

When she did that, I got a clear look at her shaved wrist. It's very
velvety where they shaved it all around, and it makes her foreleg look
like a rabbit's foot on a stick. I noticed they shaved off those
funny elbow whiskers that cats have - oh well, they'll grow back.

I know, you don't realize how delicate their little legs look until you see
them like that.

They shaved off her teleportation whiskers!!!?? AWWWWWWWW, poor baby!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 18th 05, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

White light surrounding, you, Betty. I hope for good results, this
time!

Courage, Takayuki. We all feel for you, and for Betty. I hope this will
help her.

Melissa