GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

Old November 18th 05, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

"Prozack" wrote in message
oups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
Let me state unequivocally it is NOT kili or her husbands
fault

wtf?!?

that goes without saying you self righteous moron!

We live in a really bad neighborhood. It wasn't always this way, but it's
become so. We frequently call the police on neighbors 2 doors down because
it's like a drive thru with crackheads. The police say they know about it,
they're working on it, but they never come.

We don't have the money to leave the neighborhood and our mortgage is
cheaper than anything we could rent, so we stay.

There are so many stray cats in this neighborhood. Soooooooo many. I think
it's because the neighborhood *has* gone downhill and the current folks
around, just don't care. We've taken in three strays, but we can't take
them all. We're in a tiny 800 square foot house. It was extremely full
with 2 cats and now we have three.

We don't want to see a cat suffer; we don't. But the cops don't come when
you call them, so what else are we supposed to do?

kili

Old November 18th 05, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

kilikini wrote:
We have a next-door neighbor of whom we're really unsure of. His wife

was
"missing" for almost a year, she came back and there's so much traffic

at
their house now. One car leaves, another comes over - only when her

husband
is gone, mind you. We can only assume

You take the cat, and turn it in to a Humane Society as a stray. No
way are the idiots going to fork over big bucks to rescue a cat they
don't care about. If you are worried that they might, take it out of
the area to a different Humane Society.

-L.

Aha! That's the best idea I've heard yet! What if Chester just
disappeared? He'd get adopted out; he's a beautiful cat with a really nice
disposition, but very shy. Black and white with clear green eyes. My hubby
doesn't work tomorrow. If I see him and talk to him before then I'll see if
he can take him! GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!

kili

Old November 18th 05, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My husband and I are sick. We are absolutely sick. Yet, what can we do
other than report him? We can't take on another cat, but when the cat comes
to our door, whining to be fed, of course we feed him. We had to confront
the neighbor on that issue, too. The cat was coming to our door for food
and water. WTF?????????

Ideally, you would call animal welfare, who would respond when you
agreed to act as witness to the torment and to the fact that the cat
relies on you for food.

Should that not work...if the cat's wandering around outside, if it's
off the neighbours' property, it's "stray". And strays...get re-homed

As for what the neighbours do inside their own house, whether it be
prostitution or drugs, I honestly don't care as long as it stays in the
house. I'd be more bothered by the husband hanging around in the yard
being a disturbance to the peace than what was going on inside.
Besides, you would need evidence, to call the cops, yes?

I lived in a lousy neighbourhood a few years back, but we got on okay
because everyone on drugs kept 'em inside their own apartments, and we
never had to deal with drugged-up guys or weapons on our way into our
own place. We heard a lot of fights and smelled a lot of weed though.

Best of luck and purrs for kitty.

--Fil

Old November 18th 05, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:

I lived in a lousy neighbourhood a few years back, but we got on okay
because everyone on drugs kept 'em inside their own apartments, and we
never had to deal with drugged-up guys or weapons on our way into our
own place. We heard a lot of fights and smelled a lot of weed though.

Best of luck and purrs for kitty.

--Fil

yes; people on crack hide inside, they get paranoid

Old November 18th 05, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
kili

It's a bad situation. The husband is taking out anger on the cat who

didn't
do anything. Claims he's teaching the cat a lesson when in fact he'd

like
to strangle his wife.

Oh, my. That's another good reason just to keep quiet and take the cat.
Like Lyn said, if the cat is roaming (esp. if there are leash laws
there), Kili is within the law to take it anyway.
If she stirs up a stink with animal control/police, and the guy finds
out she's the one who called, he could go crazy-mad on *her*. I have
*no doubt* he is capable of hurting a human.
Or if animal control comes, stirs him up and does nothing, he'll either
take it out on the cat, or the wife.
Kili, be very careful. You just don't know what people are capable of
anymore.

Sherry

I know, that's why I think the suggestion of just taking the cat to a humane
society (as long as it's no-kill) out of the area is the best suggestion. I
*really* don't trust my neighbors and I don't want to create any further
anxiety in this neighborhood. I've never trusted this neighbor anyway. He
just looks mean. I've always thought of him as some sort of wife-beater,
but never had proof. This was the first bit of proof I've had that he's
mean. I didn't like it and neither did my husband. Allan's been quite
ready to go off on the guy before just for putting that poor cat outside
anyway. Chester is the shy, meek type, about 2 years old, always indoors
and now he gets shoved outdoors. He doesn't know outside! Within 2 weeks
he was hit by a car. What do they do? They shove him back out again! I'm
sorry, it takes about 10 minutes a day to clean a damn litterbox. What's
the big deal?

kili

Old November 18th 05, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My husband and I are sick. We are absolutely sick. Yet, what can
we do other than report him? We can't take on another cat, but when
the cat comes to our door, whining to be fed, of course we feed him.
We had to confront the neighbor on that issue, too. The cat was
coming to our door for food and water. WTF?????????

You CAN take on another cat, if only temporarily. Get that cat away
from there and keep him away. You know this group. If it's a matter
of money, just give me an address. I'll help. Call whoever you need
to call and get that poor cat away from that monster.

Jane
Old November 18th 05, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
oups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Well I sure hope you can snag the little guy soon. I'd just have everything
ready to bundle him out of town.

Old November 18th 05, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
oups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I'll be gone for the majority of the weekend, working, but I'll see if Allan
can do anything. I know he wants to. I just have to put the bug in his
ear. I'll leave a note because I won't be seeing him until tomorrow night.

kili

Old November 18th 05, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-18, kilikini penned:
We have a next-door neighbor of whom we're really unsure of. His
wife was "missing" for almost a year, she came back and there's so
much traffic at their house now. One car leaves, another comes over
- only when her husband is gone, mind you. We can only assume

Don't assume. You're probably wrong, and even if you aren't, it's
none of your business. Anyway, the woman who might be cheating isn't
the one abusing the cat; the man is. And if he does that, imagine
what he might be doing to her, and why she might want to get comfort
from other places.

You're absolutely right to be concerned about issues of abuse, and do
what you can to intervene. I hope you can find a way to rescue this
cat. Is it really impossible to take on another cat? You're already
feeding him ... that being said, I know that yes, sometimes it really
is impossible.

Anyway, tonight my husband and I witnessed the absolute most
intolerable thing. I'm so mortified that I can't even type to tell
you all.

Our married neighbour has "gentleman callers". They usually show up
after her husband leaves, but tonight, her caller didn't. Her
husband was subsequently kicked out and apparantly took it out on
one of his cats

My husband and I heard this cat screaming and we immediately jumped
to attention. We saw our neighbor, stretching the cat from head to
tail. Allan, my husband, ran out saying, "Hey, neighbor, what are
you doing?" The neighbor said, "Oh, just hanging with the cat."
The cat stopped screaming once Allan confronted the neighbor.
Shoots, people. It was like he wanted to pull the cat apart!

This is the same neighbor who no longer wanted his cat to be indoors
because he didn't want the "burden" of changing a litter box and his
cat was almost immediately hit by a car. Thousands of dollars went
into this cat, but yet, the cat is again out doors. I mean,
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I are sick. We are absolutely sick. Yet, what can
we do other than report him? We can't take on another cat, but when
the cat comes to our door, whining to be fed, of course we feed him.
We had to confront the neighbor on that issue, too. The cat was
coming to our door for food and water. WTF?????????

Sorry, had to vent.

kili

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 18th 05, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:

Aha! That's the best idea I've heard yet! What if Chester just
disappeared? He'd get adopted out; he's a beautiful cat with a really nice
disposition, but very shy. Black and white with clear green eyes. My hubby
doesn't work tomorrow. If I see him and talk to him before then I'll see if
he can take him! GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!

kili

Thanks. It's legal and a simple way to get the cat out of the abusive
situation. I do it when I can't rehome the cat myself.
-L.