PING: anyone in JAPAN

Old May 27th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default PING: anyone in JAPAN

I've just come across one of the funniest things I've ever read, which to
properly appreciate one must enjoy eating natto (one of my very favorite
foods). Put down your cup, swallow whatever's in your mouth, and proceed to:

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000169.php

Old May 27th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default anyone in JAPAN

And I just noticed the one about the Korean silkworm "snacks" (haven't tried
this one), last entry on the page at
http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives...ont_eat_it.php

Yummy!

Old May 29th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hey, natto is supposed to be good for you! My daughter loves it (but
then she grew up here). I will eat it if served to me but usually
avoid it. You're supposed to mix it with raw egg, soy sauce and
chopped raw green onions.

This is my 25th year in Japan, and this is one of the two things I
don't like. The other is "uni", which is sea urchin.

Cantate

Old May 29th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cantate" wrote

Hey, natto is supposed to be good for you! My daughter loves it (but
then she grew up here). I will eat it if served to me but usually
avoid it. You're supposed to mix it with raw egg, soy sauce and
chopped raw green onions.

This is my 25th year in Japan, and this is one of the two things I
don't like. The other is "uni", which is sea urchin.

Natto is indeed very good for you. I've loved it since the very first bite,
back in 1977 when I had a Japanese boyfriend. (He also introduced me to the
wonders of plum wine and saké mixed half-and-half.)

My second most favorite Japanese food is unagi no kabayaki. (For you
non-Japanese, that is broiled river eel.)

Old May 29th 06, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-29, Pat penned:

My second most favorite Japanese food is unagi no kabayaki. (For you
non-Japanese, that is broiled river eel.)

Mmm unagi. I'm not Japanese, but DH is a sushi fiend and quickly made
me into an eel addict.

I'm still not a fan of the more adventurous forms of sushi. Actually
even the fairly tame ones. Mostly I like the sushi that has limited
amounts of raw fish. I love cooked salmon, but the raw stuff is so
slimy it makes me gag. I have a real thing about texture.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 29th 06, 10:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Your list of disliked Japanese foods is exactly the same as mine!
Must be something about the Western palate. DH tried natto at a
little Japanese restaurant, but decided that whilst it was a
worthwhile experience, he would not chose to repeat it!

Tish

Old May 29th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

I've just come across one of the funniest things I've ever read, which to
properly appreciate one must enjoy eating natto (one of my very favorite
foods). Put down your cup, swallow whatever's in your mouth, and proceed to:

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000169.php

Just "EWWWW" on *SO* many levels! and the diseased sweetcorn.... double
"EWWWW"!!

Helen M, squicked beyond belief. ;o)

Old May 29th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote
"Pat" wrote

I've just come across one of the funniest things I've ever read, which to
properly appreciate one must enjoy eating natto (one of my very favorite
foods). Put down your cup, swallow whatever's in your mouth, and proceed
to:

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000169.php

Just "EWWWW" on *SO* many levels! and the diseased sweetcorn.... double
"EWWWW"!!

Hey, Helen, that happens to all corn, not just sweet corn! And it *is*
delicious!

Old May 29th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-29, Helen Miles penned:
"Pat" wrote in message

I've just come across one of the funniest things I've ever read,
which to properly appreciate one must enjoy eating natto (one of my
very favorite foods). Put down your cup, swallow whatever's in your
mouth, and proceed to:

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000169.php

Just "EWWWW" on *SO* many levels! and the diseased sweetcorn....
double "EWWWW"!!

Helen M, squicked beyond belief. ;o)

Yeah, but nothing compared to the pupae in another post ... *gag*

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 29th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:55cd7db114035a139018d20cb990bca9.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Pat" wrote in message

I've just come across one of the funniest things I've ever read, which

properly appreciate one must enjoy eating natto (one of my very favorite
foods). Put down your cup, swallow whatever's in your mouth, and proceed

to:

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000169.php

Just "EWWWW" on *SO* many levels! and the diseased sweetcorn.... double
"EWWWW"!!

Helen M, squicked beyond belief. ;o)

That kept me entertained for ages, and should help me lose weight. I've
bookmarked the page, and next time I feel irresistibly hungry, I'm gonna
check it out again.

Jeanette