Updates on stuff [partly OT]

Old November 17th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default Updates on stuff [partly OT]

The Bed

I finally talked to Bob yesterday. Kevin, The Fix-It Guy from Hell,
decided HE wanted the abandoned bed. Bob has gone through this before
with him, and just does NOT want to get in the middle of it,
understandably. Bob didn't have my phone number to call me back, so I
made sure to give it to him yesterday. He was going to try to call my
ex-landlord to see if he knew anyone else who could help. So far,
nothing. Now DH is saying HE does not want to get in the middle of this
(Fix-It-Guy-from-Hell lives down the street from us, and two doors down
from the apartment in question), and wants me to just go buy a new
waterbed mattress. With what money, I ask? Put it on the credit card.
Sigh. Just like everything else lately. I am over my head in debt
right now, and I don't want to put a waterbed mattress on the card. And
I need a decent waterbed mattress, preferably with one of those
pillowtop things, so that it is very unlikely for the cats to ruin
another one (although the last one went at the seams, too, which is
probably what really killed it). And that's way too expensive. And I
am feeling like curling up in the ball again, because I just can't deal
with it right now. Later, I'll have some hot tea, clean up the
apartment a bit more, smoke some cigarettes (no, I haven't quit), and
maybe I can pull myself up enough to make some decision. I have to; the
sinking airbed seems to be complicating my broken bone and arthritis
pain, and it is getting BAD. Maybe just get another air mattress for
now? And hope Katie realizes she has been banned from the bedroom
because of her contribution to this problem? And promises not to ever
do it again? Yeah, right ;-)

The Neighbor

I really hate this situation, and the last thing I need is another
person who hates me. I swear I could just stand there in the middle of
town, looking sweet, with angel wings, and I would somehow p*ss someone
off -- lol. But he threatened to harm a cat, and I was NOT about to
ignore that. I prefer peaceful relations, but sometimes, that is
impossible.

He is an abusive, controlling, prejudicial drunk. He has his poor
live-in lady so cowed that she has to ask his permission to leave her
home. Or to call a friend. She needs me. And she is a nice lady. So
I am at a loss. I don't have anything to say to this jerk, but Karen
needs me. He has pretty much cut her off from all her other friends.
If he would ever go to work (he's a cab driver, and hasn't been to work
in I have no idea how long. He is living off her disability check, so
far as I can tell), we could talk, but I'm betting he will not allow her
over her anymore.

This morning, he sent me an e-mail. If it wasn't such a sad situation
for Karen, and an angry situation for me, it would almost have been funny.

It was basically a "good-bye" letter (seriously!). He claimed he is a
Christian and since Karen told him I am a Witch (which didn't bother
her), he no longer wants to have anything to do with me (although the
way he wrote it, I swear it sounded like some juvenile "I don't wanna be
friends with you anymore, 'cos my mommy told me you were *bad*!") lol!
He then went on to say that it was too bad, because I could have
learned *so much* from him.

I was floored. OMG! What in the world would I *want* to learn from an
abusive jerk? I suppose he meant computer stuff. He has no clue that I
have been on computers longer than he has. And he's hardly an expert
(and neither am I).

I really wanted so badly to write him back: "Dear Maynard, I think you
need to go back to church. From what I recall, Christianity is based on
love and tolerance, and that is what Jesus taught. You are abusive and
controlling; that is not Christian. You lie, cheat and steal; that is
not Christian. You profess violence against God's creatures; that is
not Christian. Heck, I'm more of a Christian than you are! Love,
Ginger-lyn."

But I won't. It would only make someone like him worse. So all I can
do is ignore it, and hope that I can talk to Karen when she gets back
from a weekend stay with her sister (something wonderful that will do
her a lot of good; he rarely permits it).

Pinky

Still no home found. Sigh. I have received several calls/e-mails from
my post the Pet FBI site, but none are Pinky. I left the post very
vague, in hopes of avoiding creeps, but I guess it was *too* vague. So
I did add his color, at least. I spent a bit of time yesterday calling
all the neighborhood vet clinics to see if anyone has asked, or if
anyone might remember him (he had to have been neutered etc. not that
long ago). Several had e-mails, so I was able to e-mail his photo. It
was Friday afternoon, so I'm hoping on Monday, something will click for
someone.

He is quite a little hoolikitten. Since I let him mingle with the other
cats, he decided immediately that he was the boss of them (hiding smile
behind hand and giggling). He has chased them all to exhaustion, and
(not a good thing) tends to pounce on them and bite. That's Jack's
thing, so he is, of course, utterly confused -- lol. Pinky also thinks
tails are great playthings, much to the dismay of the other cats. He
thinks *everything* is a toy, of course, so I'm picking up things
knocked off of tables and such and saying "NOT a toy" to no avail. But
at night, he cuddles up with me in the Sinking Bed, and wants petted,
and is just the most adorable little guy you could imagine. I hope his
social skills improve -- lol.

Sorry to go on so long. Didn't intend to, but I guess I *am* a bit of a
babbler ;-)

Ginger-lyn
--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old November 17th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2007-11-17, Ginger-lyn penned:
And I am feeling like curling up in the ball again, because I just
can't deal with it right now.

I know the feeling. Soothing purrs incoming.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 22nd 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

snip
Ginger-lyn