Sick kitty

Old September 29th 12, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Sick kitty

Matthew wrote:
"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
dont think they are going to answer you almost 7 YEARS LATER
wrote in message
irritable bowel syndrome. did u change his diet recently? pls give
him 1mg or half immodium.

On Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:11:19 PM UTC-5, Lisa wrote:
Any ideas what's going on with my cat??? Rescued Tom cat about 1
year ago.
Approximately 5 years old. Now indoor/outdoor cat. Fine until
about 3 weeks
ago. Started with decreased appetite, vomiting undigested food,
behavior changes. Went 5-6 days with little intake. Several
visits to vet over the
past 3 weeks. Blood test revealed positive FIV. ALL other blood
work normal.
No fever, no diaherra. He has periods of feeling well and acting
normal followed by periods or days of feeling and looking ill.
Ultrasound of abdomen revealed enlarged spleen. I have him on
interferon, reglan, pepsid
and carafate. He has not vomited but a couple of time this week
and the ill
episodes way out weight the feel good episodes. His appetite is
good and he
has not lost any weight. He does not have hairballs. I brush him
several
times a day and vomiting has never been a problem until 3 weeks
ago. He is
scheduled for a endoscopy in the morning. Any suggestions??? He
seems to
feel bad after eating. He weights 13 lbs and has maintained his
weight over
the past 3 weeks. His behavior has done a 360 degree change over
the past 3
weeks. I have not changed anything in the diet. I am at wits
end!!! Please
help, it is killing me to watch him suffer so.

Since he is an "outside" cat, he is subject to the dozens (or more)
thinks that outside cats are in danger of. I had on who died last
year from Round-Up weed killer poinoning. Your cat could have been
poisoned by something like that, of perhaps eating snails or slugs
that were poisoned by arsenic or something else like that. I don't
know whether or not the blood tests that your vet gave him would
detect anything like that. In the case of my cat, the vet knew
immediately because he was in liver failure, and his soft tissued,
especially the eyes and mouth were yellow. but your cat could have
gotten into something that is much more subtle and doesn't show uo
so easily. Most anything will show uop in the proper blood test, but
to test for everything is impossible, and probably has financial
limitations long before you would be able to pinpoint anything.
Perhaps you could ask your neighbors if they put out any
plant/animal poisons recently.

BILL read that post was from Jan 2006 the person responded to

I never rread the dates.... I wonder if his cat is still alive and
well......