Misty and the mother-in-law

Old April 25th 04, 11:36 AM

Default Misty and the mother-in-law

O J wrote:

Eliana had a thing about cats and didn't want one to touch her in
any way. Naturally, Misty took advantage of this by coming down the
stairs and going to rub up Ellie's leg. It's hard to put a finger on
what it was about small furry animals that gave Eliana the creeps, but
she got them whenever a dog or cat was within arms reach.

It's probably similar to the way many of us feel about large spiders,
snakes, rats, moths, etc. It's hard for me to imagine, but not everyone
understands my phobias, either.

Joyce - being touched by a cat this very minute

Old April 25th 04, 02:18 PM
JP Hobbs

Great story O J what a sneaky cat,but so cute Jean.P.
O J wrote in message
news
Hi All,

My beloved Misty (RB) used to play in a ball game all of her own.
One of the things she loved to do was torment my mother-in-law,
Eliana. At one time, we lived in a lovely apartment with a loft
bedroom that overlooked the living room. There was a three and a half
foot high wall that stretched across the bedroom on the open side. It
was about four inches wide, just the thing for an acrobatic cat.

One day when the in-laws were visiting, Misty jumped up on the
wall and began pacing back and forth. She waited till there was a
lull in the conversation and eyes turned to her. Then, much to
Eliana's distress, she began simulating losing her balance, feigning
this with slips of first her rear and then her front paws. You'd be
surprised to see how well a cat can balance on three paws.

This had the desired effect and Mama began crying out in alarm,
"Oh my god Lynda, the cat will fall!" Despite assurances that the cat
was perfectly fine, she insisted that we go up and bring the cat down.
We didn't and Misty finally gave up on this method of tormenting her
hoomins and started in on another.

Eliana had a thing about cats and didn't want one to touch her in
any way. Naturally, Misty took advantage of this by coming down the
stairs and going to rub up Ellie's leg. It's hard to put a finger on
what it was about small furry animals that gave Eliana the creeps, but
she got them whenever a dog or cat was within arms reach.

The real master stroke though, came one time when we were
visiting Los Vegas. We were staying is trailers at our membership
campground, and if you've seen the interior of one, you know that the
typical interior includes booth seating in the dining area. You can't
just stand up, you have to slide out first.

Carefully, Misty stalked her prey. She wandered into the dining
area as ninja-cat till she arrived unnoticed at Eliana's feet. Then
with a leap, she was in Ellie's lap. Ellie let out a shriek and calls
for assistance. By the time anyone could reach under the table to
grab the offending feline, she was gone as quickly as she had come.

Lynda and I were careful not to laugh out loud. Misty had struck
again.

Regards and Purrs,
O J Gritmon

Old April 25th 04, 04:13 PM
jmcquown

That's funny!

A few years back my parents drove up for a visit. My parents never had
pets; we were only allowed birds and fish when we were kids. Anyway, we
went out to my brother Paul's house; at that time he had three cats. One of
them jumped up and curled up in my mother's lap. She looked at me and said,
"What do I do now?" I had to laugh... DUH! pet her! You should have seen
my mother, reluctantly petting a cat. Then she got into it... hey, she's
purring! G

Now, they have pictures of Persia and my lovebird Peaches hanging on their
refrigerator, like grandkids! Go figure

Jill

Old April 25th 04, 07:49 PM
Annie Wxill

"O J" wrote in message
news
Hi All,

My beloved Misty (RB) used to play in a ball game all of her own.
One of the things she loved to do was torment my mother-in-law,
Eliana. ...
Regards and Purrs,
O J Gritmon

That was great. I'll be chuckling about that one all day. It's amazing how
diabolical cats can be. He he he.
Annie