Ear Mites?

Old June 29th 04, 09:01 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Ear Mites?

Natasha has never been a cat that's sensitive about her ears. However,
over the last few weeks it's gotten so that any contact with them
causes her to flip them (the "make whatever's touching me go away"
flip). She also started rubbing her ears on the corners of furniture.

She had a checkup last month for her kidney problem (still
successfully fighting a holding action on that one!), but since I
didn't recall seeing TED look at her ears when he checked her heart
and lungs and abdomen, I took her back this morning.

Natasha, an almost exclusively indoor cat (1), has ear mites! How the
heck does an indoor cat who has no contact with other animals get ear
mites???

(1) almost exclusively - in the summer she'll go out on my 2nd floor
balcony with me from time to time, to lie in the sun dappled shade of
an overhanging tree.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com
Old June 29th 04, 09:55 PM
Karen

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
Natasha has never been a cat that's sensitive about her ears. However,
over the last few weeks it's gotten so that any contact with them
causes her to flip them (the "make whatever's touching me go away"
flip). She also started rubbing her ears on the corners of furniture.

She had a checkup last month for her kidney problem (still
successfully fighting a holding action on that one!), but since I
didn't recall seeing TED look at her ears when he checked her heart
and lungs and abdomen, I took her back this morning.

Natasha, an almost exclusively indoor cat (1), has ear mites! How the
heck does an indoor cat who has no contact with other animals get ear
mites???

(1) almost exclusively - in the summer she'll go out on my 2nd floor
balcony with me from time to time, to lie in the sun dappled shade of
an overhanging tree.

That is probably enough to do it. They are incredibly easy to pick up.

Old June 30th 04, 05:25 AM
Marina

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote
Natasha has never been a cat that's sensitive about her ears. However,
over the last few weeks it's gotten so that any contact with them
causes her to flip them (the "make whatever's touching me go away"
flip). She also started rubbing her ears on the corners of furniture.

She had a checkup last month for her kidney problem (still
successfully fighting a holding action on that one!), but since I
didn't recall seeing TED look at her ears when he checked her heart
and lungs and abdomen, I took her back this morning.

Natasha, an almost exclusively indoor cat (1), has ear mites! How the
heck does an indoor cat who has no contact with other animals get ear
mites???

Poor Natasha, purrs that she gets rid of the pests soon.

--
Marina, missing Frank and Nikki

Old June 30th 04, 01:59 PM
jemifur

[...]

When I first brought home my Simba he had very bad ear mites, and
flees, and worms...he was one sick little kitty. Anyway, I forget the
name of it but they make ear mite ear drops. They are like $15.00 a
pair and can be purchased at the vets. You put the ear drops in once,
let them sit and then wipe out the ears. This is repeated a second
time three weeks later. I found this much simpler then using the
regular ear cleaning drops every day for at least three weeks. And I
have yet to see a return of the ear mites - its been a year. You may
also want to treat the tip of her tail and any other cats in the
house.

Old June 30th 04, 09:31 PM
polonca12000

Purrs,