Betrayed and upset

Old February 16th 05, 12:10 PM
Hemmaholic

Kay,

You have said, yet, what kind of traps this nut case is setting. Are
you sure thary are a "legal type"? (Such as the Have-a-Heart, live
catch traps.)

What kind of a "huinter" uses live catch traps anyway? He (the SIL)
sounds as nuts as the old man!

Since he has chained the trap to a post, sounds to me like he knows
he's doing something he shouldn't be doing. Have you spoken to any of
the Animals Rights groups about this nut? How about one of the animal
rescue organizations, like, say Alley Cats Allies or a local chapter of
that organization.

Animals do have rights here in the states, but we also have a severe
animal over population problem because some people let in tact animals
run free, or, worse yet, treat them like a disposable commodity. They
sinply turn the animal out when they grow tired of them. Pet
abandonment is a crime in most states. Enforcing the laws is the hard
part.

Last fall we had a young man take his anger out on some horse owned by
his neighbor, slashing many and actually killing one. Right before his
trial came up, his Lawyer plea bargined him down to a lesser charge
thus keeping him from going to a jury trial. A jury would have wanted
to hang him, literally! I know I wanted to!

I am wondering if there is anything you can do to the neighbor,
legally, to make his life as rough as he has made yours. Can one take
their neighbor to courst fro harassment and causing undo emotional
stress? Got any lawyer friends who can advise you on the possibilities
of a civil case against this jerk? That is now what the owner of the
horse has to do to get any justice and/or compensation for wrongful
death of their horse.

Rebecca

Old February 16th 05, 06:15 PM
Kay

I identified the traps

http://www.livetrap.com

There is the link, its the single door traps. My advive that I was told,
was that I would have to relocate the coloney. Which is drastic, I would
have to have them kept in a cage for at least a month so they woul dnot
attempt to try and go "home" To have the fixed before then.

My husband woke me up at 3:00am, He caught Momma cat!!!!! He is taking
her to work and setting her up there. I called him later this morning
and the other guys want to help her also. Bless their hearts! I am going
to call my sister in law to see if we can relocate the remaining
one is better for them? The siblings played with toys with me. they
might be able to be adopted.

Thank God some positive news!

Kay
Old February 16th 05, 06:23 PM
Kay

Ohh that is a good idea about the repellent!!!! A scream is a motion
detecter that goes off with an alarm. They do have a small dog though.
He would probably set it off. I have to clearify something, The owner is
a woman in her 60s, the man in question is her boyfriend. He lives in
the house. He does not even like the dog, but she is crazy about the
dog. I love the dog, when my dogs were alive they loved him to.

The woman thinks the cats upset the dog. Reality is that he barks at
everything. Leaves falling anything her barks at. I had to remove a
garden decoration because the dog kept barking at it. He is 7 and has a
liver illiness, so I don't complain about the barking cause I love the
dog. when I talked to them, I said that your dogs health comes first and
if you have a problem with the cats and your dog I will move them
prompty. They said the dog will continue to bark anyway, and that its
not the cats fault. They promised to tell me if there was a problem.

Kay
Old February 16th 05, 06:38 PM
Kay

Kay wrote:
[...]

My husband just called and the cat is not the Mother cat, the mother cat
has half a tail, so he is bringing the shelter back to try again today
and night they are still going to let this cat stay there also

Kay
Old February 17th 05, 03:06 AM
Cat Protector

You didn't state whether or not the neighbor came on your property to
capture the cats. I would be very concerned regardless because you have no
clue what your neighbor is doing to those cats. This neighbor really needs
an education here because if you take feral cats from their environment more
will come in to take over the territory which will not solve the issue at
all. Your neighbor would be fighting a losing battle. Of course this
neighbor sounds like a real stinker and I of course would alert your other
neighbors that if their cats are roaming outdoors this neighbor could be
trapping them and carting them off somewhere.

I would talk to a group that rescues feral cats and see if they would be
willing to talk to your neighbors or at least supply you with info you can
give to them. You can also talk to news media as well and see if they'd be
willing to do a story about this. If your neighbor is in the spotlight it
might embarrass them enough to either work with you or simply do nothing.
One's thing for sure they might not be seen to kindly by the general public
and also be scared off from trapping cats in the future.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Kay" wrote in message
om...
I don't know what to do. I have a big problem and I don't know what to do.

I have been taking care of feral cats that were born in my yard. I bulit
a shelter with heat, and have did the best I could for them.

I talked to my neighbor just two weeks ago, telling them about the cats
and what I plan to do. I asked them if they are bothered, they said they
were not and they could tell which ones were mine because they look well
cared for and act "nicely" they said they have no problem and if they do
have any trouble they would let me know and I would fix it.

this moring I was sitting on my couch and I hear a cat cry out. I rushed
to the window and saw my neighbor trapped Blackie. He ran the cage into
his garage. i calle dout, Is that my cat and what are you doing? He said
it was his property and he was going to catch all of them and slammed the
door. I was calling my husband and was crying, I looke dout the window and
a car pulled up and they openmed the garage and rushed the cage into a
truck and it sped off.

I called the police and they said I had to prove it was my cat. I tried to
explain what feral was and that they were going to be fixed and
realeashed. ut they wouldn't help, the pound said I have to prove with vet
papers. I don't even know where they took him. I ahve been crying all day
and have been tryign to trap the other two I hav eone in a pet taxi and I
don't know what to do. I knew and were friends with my neighors for 10
years without a fight, I am in shock and I am missing Blackie and I don't
know what to do. When I catch them what do I do. I have called every place
and no one can help. My heart hurts so much right now.

Kay

Old February 17th 05, 05:48 AM
Cat Protector

It sounds to me like you have neighbors who care very little for others.
Maybe you can get the whole neighborhood to rally against them in regards to
the cat thing. I'd take feral cats over a barking dog any day.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
m...

Old February 17th 05, 01:53 PM
Hemmaholic

"You can also talk to news media as well and see if they'd be
willing to do a story about this. If your neighbor is in the spotlight
it
might embarrass them enough to either work with you or simply do
nothing.
One's thing for sure they might not be seen to kindly by the general
public
and also be scared off from trapping cats in the future. "

I like this idea, I like it a lot!

Kay, is there a neighborhood weekly newspaper that services your area,
if so, this would be a better venue than the Tribune, where such an
article might not even be seen, let alone widely read. By using a
neighborhood publication, you'll actually get better coverage of the
people you need to target with this type of information. Then, if it
really draws attention to the overall problem of cat (and dog)
overpopulation and the plight of all feral animals, the Tribune might
well pick up the article and run it as a feature.

Rebecca

Old February 17th 05, 02:05 PM
Hemmaholic

Oops! This one is stall a feral cat though, right, and not someones
free-roaming pet? Best to check with other cat owning neighbors to
make sure you didn't accidentally get someone's pet.

Hemmaholic/Rebecca

Old February 17th 05, 09:48 PM
Kay

Hemmaholic wrote:
Oops! This one is stall a feral cat though, right, and not someones
free-roaming pet? Best to check with other cat owning neighbors to
make sure you didn't accidentally get someone's pet.

Hemmaholic/Rebecca

Oh don't worry this on was a feral, Rich knows who he is. I call him
McCloud.

Kay
Old February 17th 05, 09:49 PM
Kay

Hemmaholic wrote:
[...]

Sounds great. Maybe explaining the TNR program with poper links will
also help.

Kay