Cat Reality

Old September 11th 12, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Cat Reality

---MIKE--- wrote:

What worked with Tiger was to crush the pill and mix the powder with
some water from a human tuna can. He would "polish" the bowl!

I give Roxy l-lysine every day, and it has often been a struggle. I've
been mixing it with a little bit of Wellness gushy food, preferably a
flavor that has a lot of oily meat juice in the can. After thoroughly
mixing the powder with the food, I'd also add some kitty treats, and
then make sure it was all stacked together on the plate in an appealing
mound. But she didn't always want it. Or she'd eat all the treats and
there'd still be gushy food on the plate, which I'd have to mix more
treats into to get her to eat the rest. Some days, nothing got her to
eat it.

Well, that's all behind us now. About a month ago, I got the idea to
try some Fancy Feast as bait, since so many cats seem to love it. So I
mixed the lysine powder into about a teaspoon of FF and put that down.
She loves it, and scarfs it right down. No crunchy treats necessary.
And since I give her so little FF at a time, one of those little cans
will last 4 days. Once she's cleaned that up, I give her half a can of
Wellness.

Meanwhile, Licky is chomping away on the other half of the Wellness
food, shut in my bedroom with the door tightly closed until Roxy is
done. It used to take at least 15 minutes before I could finally open
the door to let him out. Now it's more like 3 or 4 minutes. Vastly
simplified!

--
Joyce

The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr