Laser surgery

Old February 7th 04, 11:41 PM
Kelly

Default Laser surgery

Just wanted to say that if you have the option or availability in your area
to get any surgery done with laser instead of the conventional scalpal, I
*highly* recommend it. I switched to working at a clinic with laser surgery
and I cannot believe the difference in the recovery with the laser surgery.
It cauterizes as it cuts, sealing blood vessels, lymphatic vessels, and
nerve endings. There's no bleeding at all during surgery, and it
significantly reduces post operature swelling, bleeding and obviously pain.
All our laser pets go home the same day because all make such a drastic
recovery with the laser. I think this is the best thing they ever did for
pets and think it should be mandatory for many surgeries.

Has anyone else every had laser surgery done to their pet?

K.

Old February 9th 04, 10:24 PM
.oO rach Oo.

I am not sure if I replied to this or not but... my cat, Delilah had her
spay with laser surgery and it was worth the extra money. The procedure was
a lot less painless and less bloody and her recovery was quite fast and the
scar is barely visible. She also isn't sensitive on her tummy like I've seen
with spays before.

Good luck!

--
rach

"kaeli" wrote in message
In article ,
enlightened us with...

Has anyone else every had laser surgery done to their pet?

Not yet, but from all the good things I'm hearing about it, if I ever
get another pet that needs neutered (or God forbid, any other surgery),
I'm going for it.

~kaeli~
A plateau is a high form of flattery.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart