Pippin's checkup

Old April 23rd 05, 03:25 AM
Caroline S.

Default Pippin's checkup

Pippin is now 7 years old, and officially "senior" (not to be confused
with "geriatric"). He accompanied me to his annual check-up, moaning
and groaning, and occasionally howling. He tolerated the usual pokes and
prods: teeth, eyes, ears look good. He got two booster shots for rabies
and FeLV. And TED recommended bloodwork and urinalysis to check on his
seniorness, and establish a baseline. Liver, thyroid, and all bloodwork
looks good. He has a little bit of protein in his urine, TED says to
have it checked again in 3-4 months, but not to worry about it now.

So he's back to being his grumpy old self, when he's not being lovey
after coming in from the rain. I am the Human Towel, but I cherish the
time he lets me scritch him.

Cheers
Caroline S.
Old April 23rd 05, 04:00 AM
Marina

Caroline S. wrote:

So he's back to being his grumpy old self, when he's not being lovey
after coming in from the rain. I am the Human Towel, but I cherish the
time he lets me scritch him.

LOL, Nikki uses me as her towel, too. Glad to hear Pippin is doing so
well, but then he's just a youngster compared with my senior citizens.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 23rd 05, 05:57 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:25:28 -0400, Caroline S. wrote:

Pippin is now 7 years old, and officially "senior" (not to be confused
with "geriatric"). He accompanied me to his annual check-up, moaning and
groaning, and occasionally howling. He tolerated the usual pokes and
prods: teeth, eyes, ears look good. He got two booster shots for rabies
and FeLV. And TED recommended bloodwork and urinalysis to check on his
seniorness, and establish a baseline. Liver, thyroid, and all bloodwork
looks good. He has a little bit of protein in his urine, TED says to have
it checked again in 3-4 months, but not to worry about it now.

So he's back to being his grumpy old self, when he's not being lovey after
coming in from the rain. I am the Human Towel, but I cherish the time he
lets me scritch him.

Cheers
Caroline S.

TuTu had her annual checkup and shots as well as another set of softpaws
yesterday. Was she good? NO! She was so mad and so mean and she used
all the swear words known to catdom -- plus she invented a few new ones.
She got away from them once and she had to be sedated so Ted and her
assistant could finish the job

ted said her (Vet's) ego was crushed by her bad reaction.

TuTu was caged and slept it off for three hours. Ted is a visiting Vet,
so TuTu was home the whole time. When I let her out of the carrier, she
skulked around the house looking for the evil duo. When they could not be
found, she gradually returned to normal. Today she is her sweet old self.
I was mentally exhausted. MLB

Old April 24th 05, 10:25 AM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear Pippin is doing so well.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek