Jean Hobbs in Hospital

Old June 10th 05, 06:11 AM
Yowie

Default Jean Hobbs in Hospital

I just got a call from Jean's son, who said Jean is in hospital because of
heart problems.

She's had an angiogram (she said it was horrible). 3 arteries are blocked;
one is 100% blocked, one is 90% blocked, and one is 50% blocked. She has to
have bypass surgery - either a double or triple (she may have a stent for
the 50% blocked one) on Wednesday next week. She'll be in hospital for a
while, and Wilson, her owner, will have to be boarded in the mean time.

The mailing address for cards and things would be:

Jean Hobbs
Bed 2
Coronary Care
Level 3
Dickinson Building
Prince of Wales Hospital
Barker Street
Randwick NSW 2031
AUSTRALIA

She's in good spirits and not particularly worried, as its a fairly routine
operation these days. She's still laughing and giggling, cracking jokes and
being concerned for everyone else except herself, which is so typical of
Jean.

I'll keep people posted as I get more news.

Yowie

Old June 10th 05, 06:34 AM
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Oh dear. (sigh) We are all getting older. Purrs for Jean and her family
and for Wilson; I'll see if I can drum up a card to send to her. (I also
have to remember next weekened is Father's Day in the U.S. and my dad will
disinhereit me if I don't send him one.)

Please relay if you can, my LLL (that's long lost love) had quintuple bypass
surgery in January, 2004 and he's doing okay

Jill

Old June 10th 05, 07:02 AM
Yoj

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for letting us know, Yowie. I'll definitely have to send her a card.
I can just picture her cracking jokes in the hospital.

Joy

Old June 10th 05, 07:22 AM
Marina

Yowie wrote:

I just got a call from Jean's son, who said Jean is in hospital because of
heart problems.

So sorry to read this. Many purrs are winging their way to the other
side of the globe for Jean to be back on her feet soon. I've had an
angiogram, though not for my heart but for my legs, and I agree. They
are *not nice*.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 10th 05, 08:01 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:11:13 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

I just got a call from Jean's son, who said Jean is in hospital because of
heart problems.

thatnks for letting us know - the gang here will be sending healing
heart purrs non-stop until we hear she's home with Wilson where they
both belong
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old June 10th 05, 08:55 AM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Oh dear. Purrs for Jean and her family. I'll look for a card today.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 10th 05, 12:28 PM
Gabey8

Mega-prayers and mega-purrs are on the way at once, for her treatment to be
successful and her recuperation to be quick.

Captain and Stanley even send some virtual cat fuzz for good luck /////

Donna, Captain,and Stanley

Old June 10th 05, 02:17 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Oh dear... Many purrs and purrayers that everything goes well. I
would love to send her a card.

Hey, let's see if we can make *her* nursing staff believe she's famous
too, huh?

Smokie Darling (Annie) - what is the cost of sending a card to
Australia? I could look it up, I know, but I'm feeling particularly
stupid these days.

Old June 10th 05, 02:58 PM
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
I just got a call from Jean's son, who said Jean is in hospital because of
heart problems.

She's had an angiogram (she said it was horrible). 3 arteries are blocked;
one is 100% blocked, one is 90% blocked, and one is 50% blocked. She has
have bypass surgery - either a double or triple (she may have a stent for
the 50% blocked one) on Wednesday next week. She'll be in hospital for a
while, and Wilson, her owner, will have to be boarded in the mean time.

I am very sorry to hear this. Lots of healing purrs heading down under,
both for Jean and her family, and, of course, for Wilson.

The mailing address for cards and things would be:

Jean Hobbs
Bed 2
Coronary Care
Level 3
Dickinson Building
Prince of Wales Hospital
Barker Street
Randwick NSW 2031
AUSTRALIA

I shall certainly venture out tomorrow and send her a get-well message and
card.

She's in good spirits and not particularly worried, as its a fairly
routine
operation these days. She's still laughing and giggling, cracking jokes
and
being concerned for everyone else except herself, which is so typical of
Jean.

Yes, Jean is a lovely person. She sent me a private mail when I was so
upset about my stupidity being the cause of the death by fox of my beloved
old goose, Honk, and a get well card in the post too. I don't forget
kindnesses shown to me.

I'll keep people posted as I get more news.

Yowie

Yes, please, Yowie, and to echo what Smokie Darling (Annie) said, let's go
all out to make the nursing staff think she's famous, like they did me.
While I laid there feeling miserable and in pain, the daily mail round never
failed to cheer me up as you rpca-ers never let me down. There were some
every day, and also when I was at Auntie's and also when I got home. I've
fastened them all on the slates above my inglenook fireplace here in my
living room, and the flowers are only just now starting to fade.
I'm sure knowing that you are thought about like this must have an impact on
recovery.

Tweed

Willowdale Animal Hospital -- opinions please purrfectgrrl Cat health & behaviour 2 May 7th 05 05:15 AM
Jean is AFK Yowie Cat anecdotes 4 February 10th 05 02:37 PM
Mingy's Second Trip to the Hospital Jean B. Cat health & behaviour 26 February 4th 05 02:47 AM
Pete the hospital cat Mischief Cat anecdotes 45 June 14th 04 02:25 AM
Tiffany is in hospital. Flippy Cat anecdotes 34 November 21st 03 03:36 AM