This is now officially the WORSE week of my life

Old March 26th 10, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default This is now officially the WORSE week of my life

"Lesley" wrote in message

Dave's dad passed away at 6.15 this morning

This is so unfair. Purrs to Dave, his Mum, yourself, and all those who loved
Dave's Dad.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old March 27th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Lesley wrote:
Dave's dad passed away at 6.15 this morning

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm so sorry. I bet he was a wonderful guy. I'd like to have known him.

Pam S.
Old March 27th 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:
Dave's dad passed away at 6.15 this morning

I'm so sorry. (And I'm sorry I was called away from FB chat yesterday.)

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 27th 10, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

Dave's dad passed away at 6.15 this morning

I'm sorry, Lesley. Purrs for you both.

Joyce

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
Old March 27th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 26, 8:43*pm, Marina wrote:
.. (And I'm sorry I was called away from FB chat yesterday.)

No problem- I had a friend coming round (he fitted a 1GB RAM to this
PC now it runs like a dream!) so I had to do things before he came
round (he wasn't going to come under the circumstances but he had to
collect his ticket for the concert we were supposed to be going to
last night- didn't make it obviously)

Old March 27th 10, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 26, 11:05*am, Phoenix
wrote:

Is everyone trying to leave at once, or what???

Looks like it- when I told a friend of mine about Kelly (this was before Dave's dad died) she said a friend of her mothers died Tuesday and that night (Thursday) she was going to a wake for a friend;s son who had been killed in Afghanistan. Yesterday on the way back after Dave told me dad had died I needed to get a few bits (Bereavements don;t mean you don't have to clean the litter tray and we were out) and the guy in the shop asked me why I was so early and when I told him he told me another regular customer only 29 had a little girl last Friday and died suddenly on Sunday....

I'm getting so I don't want to talk to people just in case

Old March 27th 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene

"Lesley" wrote in message
Dave's dad passed away at 6.15 this morning

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

May his soul rest in eternal peace.

Old March 29th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am so very sorry, Lee

Old March 30th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

Thanks for the purrs and prayers- Dave can't get on trains and I can't
afford the train and a hotel so I did plan to get the sleeper train
there and back (Adam, Dave's brother, could pick me up at Edinburgh-
in fact he's nearly begging me to go!) but the funeral is Saturday and
the sleeper service doesn't run Saturday night so I can't go.

Adam's being a saint-Dave;s mum doesn't see why she should pay a penny
of the funeral costs so he's paying it, She upset her grand-daughter
(Not for the first time by a long shot) when she asked if she wanted
to go and see grandad at the funeral home and she said she didn't want
to (I'm not sure about seeing people after they've died- I did with my
dad and years afterwards whenever I thought of him the only image of
his face I could recall was when he was dead) so she laid into her
then got on the phone to her friend about how her grand-daughter was
being a "problem" to her...she decided Sunday she wanted to be alone
for a couple of hours, which is fair enough but even through it's a 3-
bedroom house she quite literally kicked Adam, his wife and their 2
kids out of the house (He didn't argue too much even through the
weather was dire and there's sod all to do in Leven on a Sunday
afternoon)

then yesterday evening as he was driving home a driver rammed his car,
thankfully apart from bruises and shock no-one was hurt and the driver
was arrested (drunk as a skunk- strange expression- never seen a drunk
skunk- one of the witnesses was an off duty policewoman driving home
who clocked the other driver doing 100+ moments before the incident- I
won;t call it an "accident" if you get into a car drunk there's
nothing accidental about it) but his car is a write off so he's got to
hire a car to go back Friday

I've told him the next time he's in London, a huge slap up meal and
all the stiff drinks he wants are on me!

I'm waiting for my turn to be slagged off.....I did the flowers this
morning...and the guy asked what to write on the card so I said "RIP,
Dad -Dave and Lesley". It was only an hour or so later I recalled she
never calls him "Dave" so I'll get it for not putting "David" and I'm
the one who tries to be tolerant and nice to her even through I know
all her faults..

Old March 30th 10, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

So I see that not having an official marriage license didn't get you
off the hook for being responsible for his side of the family.

My young and foolish daughter thought she could avoid that when she
got married. All she got was a lot of flack from everyone when he
didn't do a great job of writing and sending the thank you notes for
wedding gifts to his side of the family.

Same daughter thought I was kind of hard on her Grandma. She wasn't
my Grandma, she was my MIL and a particularly trying one. Now
daughter has a really impossible one of her own and now she gets it.

I went through forty some years of having to remember just what my
husbands name is when sending out Christmas or Birthday cards.
Charles for his family, Chuck for most friends, Charlie to me and my
family and friends of mine.

Prayers and purrs and good wishes for you and Dave and the furry
ones.

Jo