Saying goodbye to Rascal

Old June 30th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene

Default Saying goodbye to Rascal

wrote in message
The vet suspected kidney failure, which was confirmed by blood tests.
She said he only had hours to live, so we reluctantly helped him go.

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry you lost your cat. It appears he
had a long happy life with you.
--
The Parrish *~, American-American-American.
* * * * * *

Old June 30th 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote:
Rascal died today. There was no warning. We had had him for eleven
years. We adopted him as a young adult, so don't know his real age.
The vet said she would guess more like 15.

He was a short-haired tuxedo cat with a coat as sleek as seal skin.

Anyway, as I said, there was no warning. Never sick a day in his life,
then this morning he started staggering and crying. He never cried
before, though he did occasionally make a slight mewing noise when he
was doing some trick he was especially proud of, like capturing a wild
rubber band or pipe cleaner and carrying it around like a trophy.

He earned the name Rascal because it fit him. He was always into
things: cupboards, drawers, any high place he could find. He could
climb straight up a French door and sit on the top edge of the door.
Perhaps his proudest moment is captured he

http://tinyurl.com/2uamshv

He loved attention and would follow you around until you noticed him.
If he saw that you were about to pass a table or a counter, he would
run ahead, jump on the surface, and crane his neck, extending his head
to be petted. If you tried to pass without paying the required toll,
he would reach out and grab you. Hard. Attention must be paid.

The vet suspected kidney failure, which was confirmed by blood tests.
She said he only had hours to live, so we reluctantly helped him go.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Pam S.
Old June 30th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:46:28 -0400, tanadashoes
wrote:

[...]

So very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

Old June 30th 10, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

Several more at
http://tinyurl.com/r77l8

I clicked this link and it asked me to sign in to Yahoo. OK, I did
that, and then it brought me to a flickr page that said:

Organize your photos?

But, umm... you haven't uploaded anything yet!

No pics...

JOyce

--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
Old June 30th 10, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 30 Jun 2010 04:18:20 GMT, wrote:

wrote:

Several more at
http://tinyurl.com/r77l8

I clicked this link and it asked me to sign in to Yahoo. OK, I did
that, and then it brought me to a flickr page that said:

Organize your photos?

But, umm... you haven't uploaded anything yet!

I did, and the link works for me. Did the first link work for you?

Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/26ec6hj

Old June 30th 10, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I am so sorry! I know it must have been a terrible shock! Once the first
intensity of pain has subsided, you will be able to take comfort in the fact
that he didn't suffer for long.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old June 30th 10, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

On 30 Jun 2010 04:18:20 GMT,

Several more at
http://tinyurl.com/r77l8

I clicked this link and it asked me to sign in to Yahoo. OK, I did
that, and then it brought me to a flickr page that said:

Organize your photos?

But, umm... you haven't uploaded anything yet!

I did, and the link works for me. Did the first link work for you?

The first one (of Rascal on top of two doors) worked fine.

Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/26ec6hj

Yep, it worked, thanks! Awww for "Rascal on door_07". Also for Rascal
on the computer. Love his asymmetrical white nose fur.

Joyce

--
The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old June 30th 10, 10:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:39:55 -0400, wrote:

[...]

I'm so very sorry for you terrible loss.

From your description, at least it sounds like he suffered very little.

And, unlike most kidney failure cats, he didn't have the long illness
and decline, which is something to be grateful about.

Rascal sounds like a real character; tuxedo cats seem to be 'people
cats'; my Lucky (RB) certainly was.

Rascal will have many RPCA friends at the Bridge while he waits for you.

Sending purrs to help with your grief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100629-1, 06/29/2010
Tested on: 6/30/2010 4:17:58 AM

Old June 30th 10, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On 30 Jun 2010 07:01:27 GMT, wrote:

wrote:

On 30 Jun 2010 04:18:20 GMT,

Several more at
http://tinyurl.com/r77l8

I clicked this link and it asked me to sign in to Yahoo. OK, I did
that, and then it brought me to a flickr page that said:

Organize your photos?

But, umm... you haven't uploaded anything yet!

I did, and the link works for me. Did the first link work for you?

The first one (of Rascal on top of two doors) worked fine.

Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/26ec6hj

Yep, it worked, thanks! Awww for "Rascal on door_07". Also for Rascal
on the computer. Love his asymmetrical white nose fur.

Joyce

I couldn't see the pic either; thanks for posting this link.

What a handsome fellow! I just love cats with white booties, and of
course I have a special weakness for all tuxedo cats.

I have saved his pics to my hard drive, so I can enjoy his memory
another day. Thank you

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100630-0, 06/30/2010
Tested on: 6/30/2010 4:26:30 AM

We had to say goodbye to Boo cybercat Cat health & behaviour 30 May 7th 09 06:56 PM
Rascal 1988-2003 Tanada Cat anecdotes 26 November 6th 03 09:22 PM
My Tribyewt tu Rascal, House of Ruwe Adam Cat community 12 October 29th 03 03:26 AM
Rascal 1990-2003 JSmith4973 Cat community 28 October 18th 03 07:43 AM
I'm Terminally ILL: MIssy & Rascal Need a Loving Home onlyThreeCats Cat community 5 September 4th 03 11:02 AM