I'm having new neighbour problems OT

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 21st 12, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

Default English was I'm having new neighbour problems OT

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
there are going to be many synonyms just coming from that.

We have many immigrants in this country, who add a lot to Am English. But
Britain has plenty of immigrants, too.

But I certainly know that Tweed's original
statement, that Am.E hasn't moved on, is *way* off.

Sorry to be so long-winded. We now resume our regular cat
programming...

Too late! Language threads are generally long-lived on this ng. We love
to geek on about it.

I did not make myself clear. What I meant was that English in the
motherland, so to speak, has moved on in a different way from "American"
which was once English and now is a derivative, very similar but not the
same any more as your language has moved on as well.
This is not meant to be insulting as some think, it's just a fact. You
spell things differently, like humor, color and have things called faucets
;-)
Tweed

No insult perceived or taken by me. I was in England more than once (I love
London!) , and I noticed that you DO have faucets. At least they had them in
my hotel room :-).

If you don't call them faucets, what are they?

Jay