A memorial service for Uncle Serge

Old May 11th 12, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Default A full moon during Serge's memorial service

Something Serge said got me through. When we had an argument with someone
on here a couple of years ago and I was worried it might split the group
and he said, "we are like family, families fight, family's disagree but
when there is the need we circle the wagons, as you Midwesterners would
say."

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

"Gramby" wrote in message
And, I Gramby, want to thank each of you for your meaningful tributes. I
couldn't cry when I was told w had lost Serge, just couldn't believe it.
While reading the posts you all sent, I cried myself completely out.
Thank you all for your friendship and, as Dan said, you are all a part of
my family.

"Dan M" wrote in message ...

And I, as human secretary to a number of kitties, want to personally
thank each and every one of you for your participation in this Community.
The RPCC kitties, humans, and others have become a very important part of
my life. You are all important members of my family.

Dan

I come here for a sanity break. You all have become very dear to
me.
I wasn't sure that I could continue when Serge passed to the
Bridge,
but through our posting and the ceremonies, I was able to work
through
my deep sense of loss. Hugs to all, both hoomin and kitty.
Sylvia

Old May 11th 12, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kyla W =^..^=

"Gramby"
[...]

I too come here for a sanity break, and I was so concerned when when all the
bad things happened to beloved friends/family/cats here..
The final blow, was losing Serge.
But I also remember all the adventures the kitties have gone on, the
winkings, in the 3 0r 4 years I have
been here, and I just want you all to know what your love and friendship
mean to me. Your love and support have meant so much to me and ,
yes you are family to me too.
I think it is a hoot that us 'grown ups' sit behind their computers,
speaking as cats and dogs..it's great
And there are wonderful writers here too..
I love you ALL and wish you well.
Hugs to all the humans, kitties and dogs
Kyla

Old May 11th 12, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M[_2_]

I think it is a hoot that us 'grown ups' sit behind their computers,
speaking as cats and dogs..it's great And there are wonderful writers
here too.. I love you ALL and wish you well.
Hugs to all the humans, kitties and dogs Kyla

I was thinking a few days ago about how one would explain RPCC to an
outsider. I write up a document that sort of touched on what Usenet is,
and what RPCC is, and what Meowchat is, but I didn't even try to touch on
the "why" of RPCC. I'm not sure I could address that. I'm not sure I
understand it myself, just that once one gets started here, the rest of
the denizens of RPCC become close friends and family members.

Dan
with permission from Amelia
Old May 11th 12, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

Did you include how caring and creative and what a good sense of
humor we all have ;-))
Sylvia AKA p2nya

Old May 11th 12, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M[_2_]

On Fri, 11 May 2012 09:15:51 -0700, Sylvia M wrote:

Did you include how caring and creative and what a good sense of humor
we all have ;-))
Sylvia AKA p2nya

Sort of, but I really could expand on that a bit more.
Old May 11th 12, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

trudi smiles smugly and makes a note in her now found skort buk... da soft
has temprarilee qwit kleanin so thingz didunt get mofed arownd today, trudi
"Rebecca" wrote in message
Whew, Ize furry gladglad to heer dat, deer Hercule!

Rebecca

"Community Kitties" wrote in message
And we will miss awlla of you~

Hercule: Don't worry, we aren't going away. Now that Serge has given us
life we will continue to be a part of the Catmunity, even if we are
perhaps a little less eloquent. As part of Serge's legacy we will
continue to participate here, just speaking through a different keyboard.

Old May 11th 12, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

as i tried to explain to my mom, it works to make me feel better and is far,
far, cheaper than a shrink, soft

Old May 11th 12, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

dear unca dan, I splained to soft dat itsa pwaze wiffa majik dat haz moztlee
goned furm da wurld, we kan, and du make wunnerful thingz happin, we lof
wifowt 'spektin muc ceptin respekt anna we have a life dat all hoominz anna
kitteez efuriwhere wuld like to haf... az an zample juzt look at urown
harriroadcat, wifowt rpcc she wuld nefur have benna roadcat, Trudi

Old May 11th 12, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_4_]

On 05/11/2012 06:54 AM, Dan M wrote:
I think it is a hoot that us 'grown ups' sit behind their computers,
speaking as cats and dogs..it's great And there are wonderful writers
here too.. I love you ALL and wish you well.
Hugs to all the humans, kitties and dogs Kyla

I was thinking a few days ago about how one would explain RPCC to an
outsider. I write up a document that sort of touched on what Usenet is,
and what RPCC is, and what Meowchat is, but I didn't even try to touch on
the "why" of RPCC. I'm not sure I could address that. I'm not sure I
understand it myself, just that once one gets started here, the rest of
the denizens of RPCC become close friends and family members.

Dan
with permission from Amelia

+++++++++++
It is PLAY. It doesn't matter hpw old we are if there is still the
spirit of PLAY. This AM my 15 yr old TuTu was batting a ball around the
kitchen -- she hasn't done this is quite a while. The spirit of PLAY
has awakened once again and I hope she keeps it. MLB
Old May 11th 12, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Fri, 11 May 2012 11:59:07 -0500, Storrmmee wrote:

dear unca dan, I splained to soft dat itsa pwaze wiffa majik dat haz
moztlee goned furm da wurld, we kan, and du make wunnerful thingz
happin, we lof wifowt 'spektin muc ceptin respekt anna we have a life
dat all hoominz anna kitteez efuriwhere wuld like to haf... az an zample
juzt look at urown harriroadcat, wifowt rpcc she wuld nefur have benna
roadcat, Trudi

Dat is a furry good point! Just fink of all dat mine Paw would haf missed
out on then...

Harri