declawing

Old August 19th 03, 01:13 PM
Cheryl

"Cathouse" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote in

have in your TX town? Is Cats-haven Hobby Farm a registered rescue
group?

Are you stalking her now?

Not at all.

Old August 19th 03, 01:14 PM
Relish

Cathouse wrote in message ...

) wrote in
.com

Cathouse wrote in message
. ..

Katra wrote in

Yes, they should, but a 12 to 14 month old baby is NOT old
enough to be told "no" so has to be protected from overly
aggressive cats.

I am not going to apologize for helping my sister get booger
declawed. This was an unusual case of a cat that tended to
swipe more than any cat I've ever known... It will also
protect the adults.

I had Max declawed because of aggression. But not because he
scratched me, I get scratched all the time anyway.

He was rough with the other cats. Not mean, really, he just
played hard. He tackles with such force, they make a loud thunk
when they hit the floor. Occassionally, one gets it's nose
scratched, but he's not the only one that does that.

Unfortunately, Max doesn't get along with the dog. They never
have liked each other. The dog will just be standing next to the
couch and here comes Max, slinking out from behind it. Then he
jumps on the end table and smacks the dog in the face. He got
him in the eye once and almost blinded him.

Max laughed at the Soft Paws and chewed them off in two days.
Nail trimming? Out of the question. He howls, kicks, bites,
claws...by the end of it, he's panting. To keep his nails dull,
this needed to be done once a week.

Trying to keep from declawing him caused more stress than
declawing him. So, he had the laser surgery. His paws were
never tender and he's never had any trouble. In fact, he behaves
exactly as he did before. Except now, he can't put anybody's eye
out.

Thank you. :-)

Katra

Did you notice that there were no comments from the peanut gallery?

Yes, I did notice...
I got raked over the coals for helping my sister to declaw ONE cat,
while caring for 36 others without even considering the surgery. This
post by someone else got ignored.

What's up with that?

Plus... you seem to think that the fact that you care for so many cats
gives you the right to be excused for harming one of them. And if
nannies felt the same about the chilodren they care for, would that be
acceptable to you?

Old August 19th 03, 01:15 PM
Cheryl

"Cathouse" wrote in message

What's up with that?

It was my post. They must be afraid of me.

My my, you sure are full of yourself.

Old August 19th 03, 01:15 PM
Cheryl

Old August 19th 03, 01:20 PM
Cheryl

"Cathouse" wrote in message

So, you think declawing is ok in some circumstances, then.

Lack of msg-id noted; retract your ridiculous statement. Declawing
is only ok on claws that become infected or some other medical
problem. Why do you need to be repeatedly told this? You seem like
a smartish dweeb, why do you need this beat into your head?

Not all behavioral problems can be fixed.

Certainly not by hacking off its toes.

You know, you started out in this thread seemingly rational with
your own opinion. I thought, hmm... someone who can keep their
head on the wrong side of the declaw debate. It seems I
"judged" you too quickly. You've become full of **** and
yourself and sunk to insults and trying to suck up to anyone
else who shares your views. Do you need to have backups to relay
your opinion, or can you come back down to reality and discuss
this rationally? If not, you're a lost cause.

I've done that already. I got tired of trying to be rational
around so many stupid people.

Gee, that sounds familiar. rolls eyes So why not drop it
already? Your arguments are getting really stupid and if you only
knew how foolish you are appearing you'd change your ID again. Or
at the very least, retire this sock.

Change my ID "again"? You sound a little paranoid.