How do I know if he is reblocking?

Old October 18th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Rhonda

Default How do I know if he is reblocking?

tension_on_the_wire wrote:
-L. wrote:

tension_on_the_wire wrote:

But just telling me that I have a lot of research to do is somewhat
arrogant and condescending of you.

Yeah, well, welcome to H+B. That's Phil's MO when he gets questions he
can't answer or gets questioned about anything. The guy must have a
dick the side of a planaria. Don't take it personally.

-L.

Thanks -L., fortunately I don't, which is why it is relatively easy
to maintain decorum in the face of someone so insufferably arrogant.
I guess what I'm curious about now is this: as I watch him alienate
just about anyone and everyone that has anything to say which isn't
directly begging for his Wisdom which is, in his own
inflated opinion, so much higher than everyone else posting here,
why would anyone tolerate his advice, even when it is correct,
coming from such a transparently self-inflating ego?
(snip)

Tension, I don't know if it's all archived, but on a rainy day you
should google how he dropped into the newsgroup. This fake Viet Nam war
buddy, who apparently didn't even have a cat, happened to be in a cat
group and happened recognize Phil as his long-lost friend! Isn't that an
incredible coincidence? And even more entertaining, they carried on
their conversation about all of their tough-guy war stuff on the
newsgroup and didn't take it to email. The friend's name was 6-Pack, or
2-Gun, or something like that. What tough characters they were in those
days (grin).

I don't know if I was more dumb-founded because many people on the
newsgroup actually believed this whole crazy thing, or if I was having
too good of a time being entertained by the absurdity.

As the movie goes: "He lost me at hello."

Rhonda

Old October 18th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
tension_on_the_wire

cybercat wrote:
My God, but you take yourself seriously. It is just Usenet.

It's not myself that I take seriously, it is the onus to act
responsibly that I take seriously. It isn't "just" Usenet
when people are taking medical decisions from it. Make
one mistake on account of advice from Usenet, and you
will understand what I mean.

In addition, people who have posted here for years know that Phil
knows what he is talking about a very good percentage of the time.
You on the other hand have contributed nothing at all.

Yes but I do not present myself as coming here for the
purpose of helping anyone with their cats, nor do I claim
to be making that sort of contribution...and what does that have
to do with the price of eggs, anyway? It is not even the issue at hand
here.. It is just Usenet, after all, didn't someone just say that?
I am not pitting myself against him in any type of competition.
All I did was question his judgment and I don't see any rules
that say this is not permitted on Usenet. His response was
reprehensible and continues to be so. So I will call it as I see
it, and I will not be insulted out of the thread by his baseless
attacks and accusations. How much he has helped you and
others is commendable but completely irrelevant to that issue.

When is the last time you did anything half that helpful for anyone?

Since you ask, I have spent a long and fruitful career
preventing people and their children from dying in
trauma ICU's, ER's, OR's, delivery rooms, NICU's
and other critical care areas of hospitals in three
different countries, for a start. And never, once,
did I condescend or patronize even one of them,
or their parents, no matter how rude or inappropriate
their behaviour might have become (one can forgive
alot when families are under *that* type of stress).

And for the record, I have been informed by police
and fire departments that I am one of the very
few physicians in whatever geographical area to
bother to stop and render medical assistance
at the scenes of accidents and other medical
emergencies that take place on the street.
There is more than one person walking
around this planet right now because I was
at hand when the need arose.

If your question pertains to helpfulness on the newsgroups,
I invite you to read my posting history and you will see
just exactly how many people have considered my
posts helpful to them, (and without being demeaning
or humiliating in any way) in the last two or three
months alone. I do know what I am talking about
when it comes to giving responsible advice of a
medical nature over the newsgroups.

--tension

Old October 18th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
tension_on_the_wire

Matthew wrote:
Sometimes I takes a bigger person to walk away or to realize maybe just let
it go this is the usernet. I don't know how old your are tension but
sometimes letting things get to you just cause yourself more problems. Why
do you think I laugh at the idiots in the other groups and won't play into
their games

Well, Matthew, I will admit I'm no spring chicken, but if he claims
to have fought in Vietnam, then I'm not as old as he is.

In case you haven't noticed...I sort of *have* walked away as far
as any further response to his ongoing insults. The only people
I am responding to now, on this thread, is the other posters like
yourself, who are people that I *do* value as newfound friends.

Just as in that other thread we were looking at...I find that
a disagreement with someone which is unresolvable doesn't
mean that the entire thread needs to be dropped if there
are other people worth responding to in that thread, like
yourself. When I persist, it's because of the other readers,
and the lurkers who are reading this stuff. If I have the
time, who does it hurt or cause problems for? As you can
see, I am not the one who is getting all upset and enraged
by anything...it's he who is all bent out of shape and posts
accordingly.

So maybe I'm not being objective here, but I don't think it is
really me who can't let things go....the issue is a dead one
for me already, he has demonstrated to me that his
personality isn't worth the time. He is the one who
continues to post insults, whereas I still have yet to
be provoked into his level of behaviour, as far as I can
see. From what I can tell, I think I've made my point.

And again, Matthew, I am very glad, and grateful too,
that he was able to help you, and MoMo and cybercat
and everyone else including Ana the cat that just had
bowel surgery, and all the other very distressing
problems I have seen posted in this group. I've
said that several times already. I just don't feel
that justifies rude behaviour. No one would ever
tolerate it in a doctor, you know!

--tension

Old October 18th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Oh, dear, you've attracted cybercat's attention by daring to
disagree....you're in trouble now....it might call you 'stupid' if you're
not careful....

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old October 18th 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
tension_on_the_wire

Rhonda wrote:
Tension, I don't know if it's all archived, but on a rainy day you
should google how he dropped into the newsgroup. This fake Viet Nam war
buddy, who apparently didn't even have a cat, happened to be in a cat
group and happened recognize Phil as his long-lost friend! Isn't that an
incredible coincidence? And even more entertaining, they carried on
their conversation about all of their tough-guy war stuff on the
newsgroup and didn't take it to email. The friend's name was 6-Pack, or
2-Gun, or something like that. What tough characters they were in those
days (grin).

I don't know if I was more dumb-founded because many people on the
newsgroup actually believed this whole crazy thing, or if I was having
too good of a time being entertained by the absurdity.

As the movie goes: "He lost me at hello."

Rhonda

That's very interesting, Rhonda. Psychologically, I mean.
Personally, I will probably limit the time I lose on this
individual in the future. Though I will certainly
continue to watch his activity, for sure.
Thanks for the info.

--tension

Old October 18th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
-L.

tension_on_the_wire wrote:

Thanks -L., fortunately I don't, which is why it is relatively easy
to maintain decorum in the face of someone so insufferably arrogant.
I guess what I'm curious about now is this: as I watch him alienate
just about anyone and everyone that has anything to say which isn't
directly begging for his Wisdom which is, in his own
inflated opinion, so much higher than everyone else posting here,
why would anyone tolerate his advice, even when it is correct,
coming from such a transparently self-inflating ego?

Well, the guy has a lot of good knowledge about cats. A lot. I have
learned a lot from him. He also does a lot of rescue which I admire
tremendously.

I know
what just about any reasonable person would say if they had
to listen to that type of abuse from a human physician.
There would be no end to the rage and fury at his intolerable
insults....and he seems to think that this is appropriate public
behaviour...can you imagine being a member of his family?

Well Usenet behavior isn't necessarily indicative of behavior
elsewhere. I'm an asshole everywhere, but I suspect I'm in the
minority.

Or one of his cats, for that matter, who happens to get on
the wrong side of him by not doing what the holy textbook
says it would do? I shudder to think!

Phil would never, ever hurt a cat - NEVER. Wouldn't happen.

And I do
know that a human physician who gave advice in the high-handed
and condescending manner that he does would not only
alienate the people he claims he is trying to help, but by association,
would naturally create a certain amount of distrust in his
knowledge.

There's a reason Phil doesn't have an advanced degree. I suspect
he, himself would admit he doesn't have the patience required to deal
with humans on the professional level.

I know that I, for one, will make a point of
double-checking anything that comes from him with an
alternate source and I certainly recommend everyone else
to do the same.

Well, I would double-check everything, because anyone can be wrong and
can make a mistake or have a brain fart. That sort of goes with taking
on-line advice of any sort.

By the way....is he the *only* "expert" posting here?

What do you mean by "expert"? I guess I don't consider anyone here an
"expert". I consider Phil to be very knowledgeable about many things,
as are many other people. There is no one here who posts who is a
veterinarian, if that is what you are asking.

Perhaps he has got a bit too comfortable on his little
throne. There was a DVM who posted in another
group recently offering advice and help...perhaps it
would be good to search him out and bring him
here.

Vets, in general, do not give advice on the 'net. Too much liability.
Hillary Israeli is a vet whom used to post on the vet med group, but I
think she is busy with her family these days.

A second or third opinion would not be a bad
idea, and should certainly do no harm if Dr. Phil
is in earnest about trying to help people.

Well, I agree to some extent. I would check most things with my vet,
but honestly, vets are fallible and often times do not have the
experience that others *do* have. One example that comes to mind is
the use of Advantage on very young kittens (as young as 4 days old).
This is a treatment I used as a vet tech in a high-volume cat clinic.
I learned it from folks who did feral rescue. It is a completely safe,
off-label use of the product, but is not a treatment most vets will
advocate because it is an off-label use. There are all sort of "tricks
of the trade" one can learn from people who are not professionals but
whom work with animals. That is one reason I participate in these
groups.

Everyone has *something* to offer, even if it is a kind word or a
finger-wag. No one person is the fount of all knowledge. It
(r.p.c.h+b) is a dynamic, ever-changing group. You have to figure out
for yourself who is worth noting and who has value for other reasons -
or not. It's every person's own judgement to make.

-L.

Old October 18th 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
-L.

Rhonda wrote:

Tension, I don't know if it's all archived, but on a rainy day you
should google how he dropped into the newsgroup. This fake Viet Nam war
buddy, who apparently didn't even have a cat, happened to be in a cat
group and happened recognize Phil as his long-lost friend! Isn't that an
incredible coincidence? And even more entertaining, they carried on
their conversation about all of their tough-guy war stuff on the
newsgroup and didn't take it to email. The friend's name was 6-Pack, or
2-Gun, or something like that.

Phoenix Rising. Phil xna-ed all of his posts from that time, but there
is one where he supposedly "discovered" PR (quoted text):

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...5?dmode=source

What tough characters they were in those
days (grin).

I don't know if I was more dumb-founded because many people on the
newsgroup actually believed this whole crazy thing, or if I was having
too good of a time being entertained by the absurdity.

As the movie goes: "He lost me at hello."

I think he was just off his meds.

-L.

Old October 18th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Phil P.

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
oups.com...

In case you haven't noticed...I sort of *have* walked away as far
as any further response to his ongoing insults.

No you haven't. Your just whining to everyone else instead. You do realize
you're obsessing over this, don't you? You're way more ****ed up than you
think I am!

Old October 18th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Phil P.

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
ps.com...

behaviour...can you imagine being a member of his family?

Imagine being a member of *your* family! Holy ****! You must drive your
family up the wall with your incessant whining and complaining.

Or one of his cats, for that matter, who happens to get on
the wrong side of him

My cats can't get on the wrong side of me, asshole.

By the way....is he the *only* "expert" posting here?
Perhaps he has got a bit too comfortable on his little
throne. There was a DVM who posted in another
group recently offering advice and help...perhaps it
would be good to search him out and bring him
here. A second or third opinion would not be a bad
idea, and should certainly do no harm if Dr. Phil
is in earnest about trying to help people.

Wow! I must have shattered you fragile ego pretty badly! lol!

I'm getting a real kick out watching you whine like a child that just got
scolded!

Old October 18th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote

Tension I will say this again He personally took time to make sure My
Rumble was ok when he was on diazepam for epilepsy. He took the time off
the newsgroup to personally contact me to help me out.

None of that matters, Matthew. It's not about the CATS for Christ's sake.
It's about Rhonda does not LIKE Phil. It's about Phil can be surly when
he's annoyed. That is what really MATTERS.

Get with the program, man.